Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oh Jalen, tell me you didn't...

Yea I think it’s different. Steelers were purposefully disrespecting us. Jalen was carried away in the moment

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2018, 12:24 PM)Kane Wrote: What he said is not the same as what the Steelers players were saying.

The Steelers board was pissed last night (rightfully so) but several of their more reasonable fans realized that the Steelers players were the ones that provoked the response from our players.

This is probably the most out-spoken/pissed I've seen some of our players this week.

(01-15-2018, 12:25 PM)JNev Wrote: Yea I think it’s different. Steelers were purposefully disrespecting us. Jalen was carried away in the moment

Steelers specifically mentioned an opponent for the following week.
Jalen's is more of a "we're gonna win it all for you all, Duval"

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 12:40 PM by Scarecrow.)

(01-15-2018, 12:29 PM)Jest101 Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 12:24 PM)Kane Wrote: What he said is not the same as what the Steelers players were saying.

The Steelers board was pissed last night (rightfully so) but several of their more reasonable fans realized that the Steelers players were the ones that provoked the response from our players.

This is probably the most out-spoken/pissed I've seen some of our players this week.

David DeCastro was vocal about his displeasure for his Steelers teammates giving the Jaguars bulletin board material too.  Their own teammate realized it was stupid.

Who cares we know they were in the moment. They are gonna be 100% focus d on the pats this week. Ain’t no way they are looking past Brady to the Super Bowl.

Hopefully the whole team goes quiet this week.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-15-2018, 12:51 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Hopefully the whole team goes quiet this week.
Why? This defense has been talking smack all season long. No reason to stop now.

I want the swagger and the trash talking to continue. You don’t have to talk smack about the Pats because.... well they’re the best. But don’t stop being who you are as a defense.

I think that if you want to keep everything "business" like the Patriots... you shouldn't have a post game pep rally at your home stadium and give the players the microphone... we were kinda asking for it.

The difference is the Steelers were actually counting us out before the game started. There is no way the Jaguars can overlook the Patriots, defending champs, best QB of all time...

I don't like it. Guaranteeing anything in sports never leads to anything good. I hope this doesn't curse us.

(01-15-2018, 01:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't like it. Guaranteeing anything in sports never leads to anything good. I hope this doesn't curse us.
Except Joe Namath, Jason Terry, Babe Ruth....

He already said he was hyped up on emotion.

Knock Brady around and he will get rattled. He's not a spring chicken anymore.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-15-2018, 01:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 01:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't like it. Guaranteeing anything in sports never leads to anything good. I hope this doesn't curse us.
Except Joe Namath, Jason Terry, Babe Ruth....

That's fine if he was emotional, but I'm superstitious I don't want this team to be over-confident. I want them to be 110% focused on the Pats.

(01-15-2018, 02:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 01:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except Joe Namath, Jason Terry, Babe Ruth....

That's fine if he was emotional, but I'm superstitious I don't want this team to be over-confident. I want them to be 110% focused on the Pats.
You’re reading too much into it.

They will be ready and focused. Marrone is the HC... not Gus. They’re back to work today and focusing on Pats.

And there was a guy on this board who started a “Steelers Score Prediction” thread BEFORE the Bills game lol now I’m superstitious about that.

I don’t like it but I’m not too worried. Brady and Gronk are the only two im worried about. Brady will come ready no matter what is said.

(01-15-2018, 03:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 02:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's fine if he was emotional, but I'm superstitious I don't want this team to be over-confident. I want them to be 110% focused on the Pats.
You’re reading too much into it.

They will be ready and focused. Marrone is the HC... not Gus. They’re back to work today and focusing on Pats.

And there was a guy on this board who started a “Steelers Score Prediction” thread BEFORE the Bills game lol now I’m superstitious about that.

And Tom Coughlin knows how to beat the Pats. Do we really think Marrone isn't going to pick his brain? This is not going to be as easy for the Pats as most people think.

(01-15-2018, 03:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 03:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re reading too much into it.

And Tom Coughlin knows how to beat the Pats. Do we really think Marrone isn't going to pick his brain? This is not going to be as easy for the Pats as most people think.

I don't think It'll be easy for the Pats at all. I'm expecting a close, low scoring game that frankly, could go either way.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 03:35 PM by JagsorDie.)

(01-15-2018, 01:39 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: I think that if you want to keep everything "business" like the Patriots... you shouldn't have a post game pep rally at your home stadium and give the players the microphone... we were kinda asking for it.

And I think you kinda lame. We are not the patriots. This our first AFCCG in almost 2 decades. If you were there you would have seen a fan base and players haveing a moment that both needed While both parties shared a ton of excitement .

Sucks to see What lame [BLEEP] clowns some of our fans can be.

(01-15-2018, 03:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 03:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: And Tom Coughlin knows how to beat the Pats. Do we really think Marrone isn't going to pick his brain? This is not going to be as easy for the Pats as most people think.

I don't think It'll be easy for the Pats at all. I'm expecting a close, low scoring game that frankly, could go either way.
I expect the same. And honestly, I feel like we have the advantage. Their D is nothing special whereas their power is going up against ours and if our D gets the better of them, it will likely be tough for them to put up points. While our O can put up points if it absolutely needs to especially against a weak D.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 03:39 PM by BostonBlackie.)

Not the smartest thing for a DB to say. Brady has been known to throw at a DB who talked trash, score on him, then run all the way down the field and get in his face.