Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Latest Vegas Odds

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 09:19 AM by Fanduel$$man.)

(01-17-2018, 09:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 10:40 PM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Id be suprised if jacksonville scores more than 14 points.

Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL.

They're getting blown out.

Lol if thats the worst defense in the nfl ill take that.

You guys got smashed by jimmy g. He plays the same style as brady.
Pats win and cover.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2018, 09:16 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 09:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL.

Pats win and cover.

...in a game that had no bearing on anything.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-17-2018, 09:16 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 09:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL.

Pats win and cover.

The game against Jimmy G is irrelevant to now but go ahead and bring it up.

This game won't be a blow out as TrivialPursuit posted.   Yes Brady has faced great defenses and better overall defenses in his career. 

The Jaguars defense is a different beast than what he faced last week though.  While I admit Brady is as good as it gets and he's going to be difficult to stop, this defense has young talent and speed.  A lot of speed and athletic ability with the guys in the middle of the field.  I have seen a few Patriot fans mention they think this defense will struggle with the quickness of Burkhead and Lewis out of the backfield.  Please...the Jaguars DB's and LB's have more than enough speed and athletic ability to counter that quickness.

(01-17-2018, 09:30 AM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 09:16 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Lol if thats the worst defense in the nfl ill take that.

Pats win and cover.

This game won't be a blow out as TrivialPursuit posted.   Yes Brady has faced great defenses and better overall defenses in his career. 

The Jaguars defense is a different beast than what he faced last week though.  While I admit Brady is as good as it gets and he's going to be difficult to stop, this defense has young talent and speed.  A lot of speed and athletic ability with the guys in the middle of the field.  I have seen a few Patriot fans mention they think this defense will struggle with the quickness of Burkhead and Lewis out of the backfield.  Please...the Jaguars DB's and LB's have more than enough speed and athletic ability to counter that quickness.

No, he hasn't.

The one time he played a defense close to as good as our (Denver) they killed Brady.

Brady is going down big time.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 10:08 AM by Patriot71.)

(01-16-2018, 07:59 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: How much was in against Miami this year they got smacked?

Brady is 7-9 career in Miami. They lose in Miami a lot and always have. Weird.

10-1 in Foxboro.

(01-16-2018, 08:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: There's no way Brady is dropping dimes like Roethlisberger was Sunday... He's a very accurate, technical passer in the first 15 yards of the field... but he doesn't have Antonio Brown to throw a perfect ball to on a 4th and 5 that goes 50 yards downfield.

It just ain't happening.

Big Ben had 56 passes over 20 yards in 2017. Brady had 71.

Big Ben had 9 passes over 40 in 2017. Brady had 14.

(01-17-2018, 09:45 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 09:30 AM)Scarecrow Wrote: The game against Jimmy G is irrelevant to now but go ahead and bring it up.

No, he hasn't.

The one time he played a defense close to as good as our (Denver) they killed Brady.

In 2009 brady played a better defense

Now the ny jets defense was a better defense than the 17 jaguars.  The only edge jags had on them would be sacks

Points per game
NYJ 14.75
Jax 16.75

Passing attempts against/ comp percent
NYJ. 501/51.7%
Jax. 509/56.8

Yards per game
NYJ 153.7 
Jax 169.9

Yards per att
Nyj 5.4
Jax 6.0

Touchdowns and Interceptions
Nyj. 8 td allowed. 17 ints
Jax 17 and 21

Passer rating allowed
Nyj. 58.8
Jax 68.5

Rushing ypg
Nyj 98.6
Jax 116

A sub 60 passer rating is not an easy mark to reach. Just for refrence the 15 broncos finished in the 70s

(01-17-2018, 10:12 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 09:45 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No, he hasn't.

In 2009 brady played a better defense

Now the ny jets defense was a better defense than the 17 jaguars.  The only edge jags had on them would be sacks

Points per game
NYJ 14.75
Jax 16.75

NYJ. 501/51.7%
Jax. 509/56.8

Yards per game
NYJ 153.7 
Jax 169.9

Yards per att
Nyj 5.4
Jax 6.0

Jax 17 and 21

Passer rating allowed
Nyj. 58.8
Jax 68.5

Rushing ypg
Nyj 98.6
Jax 116

A sub 60 passer rating is not an easy mark to reach. Just for refrence the 15 broncos finished in the 70s

You forgot 21 INTs to 17 INts. To put this number in perspective, 21 INTs has the Jaguars 2nd in the league in that stat. 17 INTs would merely have the Jets at 9th.

...and speaking of the Jaguars sacks, which ranks up there historically speaking, keep in mind that was mostly their front four as the Jaguars rarely ever blitz. The Steelers managed one more sack than the Jaguars to claim first place, however, they racked up their sacks primarily by blitzing. So the Jaguars are getting to Brady with only four guys.
'02

(01-17-2018, 10:24 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 10:12 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: In 2009 brady played a better defense

Points per game
NYJ 14.75
Jax 16.75

NYJ. 501/51.7%
Jax. 509/56.8

Yards per game
NYJ 153.7 
Jax 169.9

Yards per att
Nyj 5.4
Jax 6.0

Jax 17 and 21

Passer rating allowed
Nyj. 58.8
Jax 68.5

Rushing ypg
Nyj 98.6
Jax 116

You forgot 21 INTs to 17 INts. To put this number in perspective, 21 INTs has the Jaguars 2nd in the league in that stat. 17 INTs would merely have the Jets at 9th.

...and speaking of the Jaguars sacks, which ranks up there historically speaking, keep in mind that was mostly their front four as the Jaguars rarely ever blitz. The Steelers managed one more sack than the Jaguars to claim first place, however, they racked up their sacks primarily by blitzing. So the Jaguars are getting to Brady with only four guys.

And you forgot that over 8 less pass attempts they allowed 8 touchdowns thru the air. Thats sick considering the 02 bucs who have one of the best defenses in league hiatory allowing a mind blowing 48.4 passer rating against on the season allowed 10 tds.

While your defense is very good. That team is equally as good and in my opinion better.

(01-17-2018, 09:30 AM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 09:16 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Lol if thats the worst defense in the nfl ill take that.

Pats win and cover.

I suggest you go watch DO YOUR JOB 2. that will give you an idea of how the patriots prepare for an opponent. They know every strength and weakness of every player on the opponents team from the punter to the long snapper.  Your gonna have problems with the running backs out of the back field a matchup will be explioted.

(01-17-2018, 10:46 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 09:30 AM)Scarecrow Wrote: The game against Jimmy G is irrelevant to now but go ahead and bring it up.

I suggest you go watch DO YOUR JOB 2. that will give you an idea of how the patriots prepare for an opponent. They know every strength and weakness of every player on the opponents team from the punter to the long snapper.  Your gonna have problems with the running backs out of the back field a matchup will be explioted.

Boy I wish the Jaguars would prepare for teams like the high and mighty pats.  We just kinda toss guys out there and hope for the best.

(01-17-2018, 10:46 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote:

The entire NFL know how the pats prepare. Regardless of knowing every strength and weakness, players still must execute that plan on the field. You're fooling yourself if you believe the pats don't have several weaknesses of their own. As far as RBs out the backfield, that would no be good for the pats but we'll take it. You don't run outside on these LBs. These aren't big, slow LBs.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-16-2018, 08:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Patriots are like......10-1 all time vs the Jags at NE.

I remember Buffalo was 9-0 at home in the playoffs back in 1996. I remember the Broncos had a similar stat that dwarfed us.

Well.....this could be our time.

This is not that Jaguar team.  None of those teams had a defense this good or as much confidence as this team.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 11:06 AM by Fanduel$$man.)

Most teama dont prepare like they do thats why those teams dont win games. And when did i say anythinf about running the ball?
To me this is another super bowl trip for the pats.
And me saying this wont effect the game in anyway.
Lastly the steelers are trash that why i took the jags at +5.5. I knew they would win outright thougj i thought it would be 23-19.

(01-17-2018, 11:00 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 08:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Patriots are like......10-1 all time vs the Jags at NE.

I remember Buffalo was 9-0 at home in the playoffs back in 1996. I remember the Broncos had a similar stat that dwarfed us.

Well.....this could be our time.

This is not that Jaguar team.  None of those teams had a defense this good or as much confidence as this team.
And guess what the patriots have confidence to. They also have pink stripes, he plays a large roll in the teams success.

(01-17-2018, 11:04 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Most teama dont prepare like they do thats why those teams dont win games. And when did i say anythinf about running the ball?
Lastly the steelers are trash that why i took the jags at +5.5. I knew they would win outright thougj i thought it would be 23-19.

Prepare, my [BLEEP].  The only reason the pats are where they are is Brady.  I can't wait to see the wallowing after he retires.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 11:15 AM by Fanduel$$man.)

QB Patriots
RB Jaguars
WR- Patriots
TE-Patriots
OL-Even

Def all jacks

K-Patriots
P-Pretty Even
Return Game-
Punt returning NE
Kick Returning-jax

Coaching NE

(01-17-2018, 11:06 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 11:04 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Most teama dont prepare like they do thats why those teams dont win games. And when did i say anythinf about running the ball?

Prepare, my [BLEEP].  The only reason the pats are where they are is Brady.  I can't wait to see the wallowing after he retires.

Its more than just brady, its coaching as well. Thats why they lose key players to injury and dont fall off. Your statement is incorrect.

(01-16-2018, 03:36 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Brady is so good, I don't know if we can hold him to 24. He is, without a doubt, the best QB this D will face in the playoffs. Discipline will be very important with him, but if we can beat the pats, I feel good about our SB chances.

In no universe can this offense (bad at passing, good at running... the exact team Vikes can destroy) beat Minnesota. Our only chance is for the Eagles to beat them by a miracle which isn't going to happen with Wentz injured.

(01-17-2018, 11:14 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: QB Patriots
RB Jaguars
WR- Patriots
TE-Patriots
OL-Even

Def all jacks

K-Patriots
P-Pretty Even
Return Game-
Punt returning NE
Kick Returning-jax

Coaching NE

(01-17-2018, 11:06 AM)Rico Wrote: Prepare, my [BLEEP].  The only reason the pats are where they are is Brady.  I can't wait to see the wallowing after he retires.

Its more than just brady, its coaching as well. Thats why they lose key players to injury and dont fall off. Your statement is incorrect.

You keep telling yourself that.

I'm shocked there are Patriot fans here saying this defense isn't very good and that Brady will play well.

You're comparing this defense to prior defenses when the NFL at that time was completely different. The NFL is a much more pass heavy league and the teams are much better at it.

Even since 2010, completely different. Pass first, run second. The Jags led the league in rushing and watching the Jags games it doesn't seem like they should have.

We'll win to the tune of 31 to 28. Bortles has another day like he had against Pittsburgh except he makes another play or two late in the game for Lambo to kick us into the Superbowl. Brady's going to turn the ball over three times. Two INT's over the middle and a fumble. We'll score 10 off those turnovers in total. [BLEEP] the Patriots. And [BLEEP] Vegas.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 11:48 AM by Fanduel$$man.)

(01-17-2018, 11:28 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I'm shocked there are Patriot fans here saying this defense isn't very good and that Brady will play well.

You're comparing this defense to prior defenses when the NFL at that time was completely different.  The NFL is a much more pass heavy league and the teams are much better at it.

Even since 2010, completely different.  Pass first, run second.  The Jags led the league in rushing and watching the Jags games it doesn't seem like they should have.

How is thay much diffrent? 501 pass attempts against in 2009 for the jets and 509 pass attempts against in 2017.
So that shuts your little statement down

(01-17-2018, 11:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We'll win to the tune of 31 to 28. Bortles has another day like he had against Pittsburgh except he makes another play or two late in the game for Lambo to kick us into the Superbowl. Brady's going to turn the ball over three times. Two INT's over the middle and a fumble. We'll score 10 off those turnovers in total. [BLEEP] the Patriots. And [BLEEP] Vegas.

Go bet the jags at -9 your confidence should have you betting every penny you have.

Depth(bench) patriots