Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The CUT THREAD

(08-31-2018, 02:37 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hearing rumors of a Bohanon cut , but I'm not buying it.

Unless he's really banged up after leaving the game late following a ST kick coverage play. He ran off holding his wrist/hand seemingly in pain.

YA KNOW..... I've heard this rumor pop up once or twice throughout camp...
I don't like it...
Firstly... I remember not too long ago when we didn't use a FB... and short yardage seemed to suffer.
Secondly, Tommy B has actually been a nice lil outlet for Blake on some passing situations. Soft hands... great blocker...

If he's hurt... then he's hurt and it is what it is. But IMO, straight cutting him (or the FB position in general) seems like a bad idea that has already been tried.
TE's and DE/DTs as blockers regularly in the backfield is a terrible offensive strategy lol

Agreed. Our running game especially became much more consistent when we started using a FB. It would be a mistake to just ditch the position altogether.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mickens is our 5th WR as a heads up.....also I have JC blocked which I highly recommend to others

(08-31-2018, 03:28 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Mickens is our 5th WR as a heads up.....also I have JC blocked which I highly recommend to others

5th, 6th - doesn't alter the point at all.

(08-31-2018, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:28 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Mickens is our 5th WR as a heads up.....also I have JC blocked which I highly recommend to others

5th, 6th - doesn't alter the point at all.

Oh trust me I'm on your side here, just saying because this is the cut thread and well we might keep 6 guys.

Mickens is the best person on the team at making people miss. Will be used alot in screens and short underneath plays, which are go to plays. Fits in perfectly for that model. Wasn't sure if he was a lock before Lee as the 6th, but once he went down it was automatic. Great story for sure.

Meeks got to be pretty upset at himself if he doesn't make it. If he doesn't drop those two for sure interceptions for TD's he is a lock for the 53, so in a way he may of dropped his roster spot. He seems to have a real good feel for the game, but when you are fighting for a roster spot you GOT to make those plays.

(08-31-2018, 03:36 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 5th, 6th - doesn't alter the point at all.

Oh trust me I'm on your side here, just saying because this is the cut thread and well we might keep 6 guys.

Gotcha. 
I think they definitely keep six with the fifth and sixth guys being Mickens and Greene. They are interchangeable to me.  They both are good returners - fairly capable receivers  - and they've both had ball security issues. Where the Jags end up listing them on the depth chart remains to be seen and it really doesn't make much difference.

(08-31-2018, 03:48 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  1. McCarron had a 38.2% completion rate last night.  Slightly more accurate than Boselli's predictions.

2. Mickens is the 6th receiver and one of three punt returners on the roster. Four fumbles are not a grave concern given how easily his role can be filled if he screws up. 

3. I'm serious. See the therapist. You need help.

A. J. was sacked five times. He ended up being the Bills' third leading ball carrier, 6 carries for 54 yards for a 9 yard average per carry. How did McCarron find NINE different receivers when statistics bare out he was under duress all evening?

Somehow you are suggesting that the Bills' Logan Thomas, a QB converted to WR, is equal representation to Donte Moncrief. 

Did you happen to read the write up? The Bills scored 25 fourth quarter points. For McCarron to show patience with camp fodder, led camp fodder to a epic fourth-quarter rally, and cap it all off with a 84-yard drive despite TWO roughing penalties, is a testament to McCarron's love for the game of football. Sorry, I can't help you see the light.

He ran for a touchdown and threw for three more in the fourth -- including a 6-yarder to Keith Towbridge in the closing minute. That capped an 84-yard drive that was aided by two roughing-the-passer calls, including one against Isaiah Irving on a fourth down at the Buffalo 3.
McCarron sucks. 

This thread is about Jaguars cuts. Keep up.

(08-31-2018, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:48 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: A. J. was sacked five times. He ended up being the Bills' third leading ball carrier, 6 carries for 54 yards for a 9 yard average per carry. How did McCarron find NINE different receivers when statistics bare out he was under duress all evening?

Somehow you are suggesting that the Bills' Logan Thomas, a QB converted to WR, is equal representation to Donte Moncrief. 

Did you happen to read the write up? The Bills scored 25 fourth quarter points. For McCarron to show patience with camp fodder, led camp fodder to a epic fourth-quarter rally, and cap it all off with a 84-yard drive despite TWO roughing penalties, is a testament to McCarron's love for the game of football. Sorry, I can't help you see the light.

He ran for a touchdown and threw for three more in the fourth -- including a 6-yarder to Keith Towbridge in the closing minute. That capped an 84-yard drive that was aided by two roughing-the-passer calls, including one against Isaiah Irving on a fourth down at the Buffalo 3.
McCarron sucks. 

In your personal attack upon me, you included a reference to A. J. McCarron which deserved an appropriate response.

In order to keep Mickens, the Jaguars must sweep his historic fumbling propensity under the rug. I do believe  fumbles on punt returns is a single season record.

https://youtu.be/hGfKbo770uw

(08-31-2018, 03:56 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: McCarron sucks. 

In your personal attack upon me, you included a reference to A. J. McCarron which deserved an appropriate response.

In order to keep Mickens, the Jaguars must sweep his historic fumbling propensity under the rug. I do believe  fumbles on punt returns is a single season record.

He did not fumble on four punt returns. He had four fumbles. IIRC, only one of those fumbles resulted in a turnover though it may have been two. 

My attack is not on you. It's is on the nonsensical and deranged conspiracy theories, and baseless accusations you spam this board with incessantly.  It's absolutely ridiculous having to cull through so much garbage to navigate a thread.

(08-31-2018, 03:56 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: McCarron sucks. 

https://youtu.be/hGfKbo770uw

LOL @ the video!

(08-31-2018, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:56 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: In your personal attack upon me, you included a reference to A. J. McCarron which deserved an appropriate response.

He did not fumble on four punt returns. He had four fumbles. IIRC, only one of those fumbles resulted in a turnover though it may have been two. 

My attack is not on you. It's is on the nonsensical and deranged conspiracy theories, and baseless accusations you spam this board with incessantly.  It's absolutely ridiculous having to cull through so much garbage to navigate a thread.

Stop feeding him NYC you’re better than that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-31-2018, 04:17 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He did not fumble on four punt returns. He had four fumbles. IIRC, only one of those fumbles resulted in a turnover though it may have been two. 

Stop feeding him NYC you’re better than that.

That was my thought a couple days ago.  I like NYC.  But he sure does feed him.  I vote for a ban so we can get back to the Cut Thread.

(08-31-2018, 03:48 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  1. McCarron had a 38.2% completion rate last night.  Slightly more accurate than Boselli's predictions.

2. Mickens is the 6th receiver and one of three punt returners on the roster. Four fumbles are not a grave concern given how easily his role can be filled if he screws up. 

3. I'm serious. See the therapist. You need help.

A. J. was sacked five times. He ended up being the Bills' third leading ball carrier, 6 carries for 54 yards for a 9 yard average per carry. How did McCarron find NINE different receivers when statistics bare out he was under duress all evening?

So McCarron is the next Quinn Gray.  Cool.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 04:26 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...51490?s=21

Time for these phantom injuries to start popping up. Sneaky sneaky Coughwell.

Ninja
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-31-2018, 04:17 PM)knarnn Wrote: Stop feeding him NYC you’re better than that.

(08-31-2018, 04:21 PM)Jags Wrote: That was my thought a couple days ago. 

Noted. Thanks.

(08-31-2018, 02:57 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 02:29 PM)knarnn Wrote: Pretty much. Herndon also offers a bit more flexibility at CB since he can play nickel as well as outside. Although Meeks can play some safety too.

Herndon looks like Buster Keaton trying to catch a train with one arm. Time after time his total lack of ball awareness causes this comical reaction. Meeks is a much better player.

(08-31-2018, 02:37 PM)Kane Wrote: YA KNOW..... I've heard this rumor pop up once or twice throughout camp...
I don't like it...
Firstly... I remember not too long ago when we didn't use a FB... and short yardage seemed to suffer.
Secondly, Tommy B has actually been a nice lil outlet for Blake on some passing situations. Soft hands... great blocker...

If he's hurt... then he's hurt and it is what it is. But IMO, straight cutting him (or the FB position in general) seems like a bad idea that has already been tried.
TE's and DE/DTs as blockers regularly in the backfield is a terrible offensive strategy lol

Boselli pompously predicted Bohanon would NOT make the roster on the radio prior to last night's game. 

As I said, the Jaguars are a house of cards ready to collapse under their own pressure.

Until we get all these former Jaguars gutted out of the front office, Boselli, Lageman, Taylor, etc. they will continue to sabotage the franchise for the benefit of their "legacies".

Your pathetic takes are pure comedic gold.  You were probably predicting the exact same thing a year ago in a thread like this.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-31-2018, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:56 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: In your personal attack upon me, you included a reference to A. J. McCarron which deserved an appropriate response.

Perhaps four fumbled punt returns in a single season is a all-time Jaguars record, maybe not? Certainly NOT the type of play a franchise seeks to reinforce and clearly not reward in ANY way.

I will share Mickens four 2017 fumbled PUNT RETURNS provided you are human enough to accept that you are wrong. All capsules are taken from ESPN play-by-play.

Mickens fumbled on a punt return in the Jaguars sheepish 19-7 win against Cleveland

4th & 13 at CLE 22 - [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, Arial,](5:15 - 1st) B.Colquitt punts 60 yards to JAX 18, Center-C.Hughlett. J.Mickens MUFFS catch, and recovers at JAX 18. J.Mickens to JAX 25 for 7 yards (S.DeValve). CLV-S.Coates was injured during the play. His return is Probable.[/font]

Mickens fumbled on a punt return in the 27-24 loss to Arizona

(0:01 - 4th) P.Dawson kicks 15 yards from ARZ 30 to ARZ 45. P.Posluszny (didn't try to advance) to JAX 49 for -6 yards. Lateral to K.Cole (didn't try to advance) to JAX 28 for -21 yards. Lateral to C.Grant to JAX 17 for -11 yards. Lateral to J.Mickens to JAX 19 for 2 yards. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by ARZ-H.Miller at JAX 24. H.Miller to JAX 24 for no gain (B.Brown).

Mickens had TWO fumbles in the 15-10 loss to Tennessee. 

4th & 1 at TEN 29 - [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, Arial,](2:00 - 2nd) (Punt formation) B.Kern punts 39 yards to JAX 32, Center-B.Brinkley. J.Mickens MUFFS catch, touched at JAX 32, RECOVERED by TEN-P.Supernaw at JAX 23. PENALTY on JAX-J.Mickens, Unnecessary Roughness, 11 yards, enforced at JAX 23.[/font]

4th & 13 at TEN 28 - [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, Arial,](13:47 - 3rd) (Punt formation) B.Kern punts 63 yards to JAX 9, Center-B.Brinkley. J.Mickens MUFFS catch, touched at JAX 2, and recovers at JAX 2. J.Mickens to JAX 5 for 3 yards (T.Taylor; L.Stocker).[/font]

(08-31-2018, 04:49 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 04:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He did not fumble on four punt returns. He had four fumbles. IIRC, only one of those fumbles resulted in a turnover though it may have been two. 

Perhaps four fumbled punt returns in a single season is a all-time Jaguars record, maybe not? Certainly NOT the type of play a franchise seeks to reinforce and clearly not reward in ANY way.

I will share Mickens four 2017 fumbled PUNT RETURNS provided you are human enough to accept that you are wrong. All capsules are taken from ESPN play-by-play.

Mickens fumbled on a punt return in the Jaguars sheepish 19-7 win against Cleveland

4th & 13 at CLE 22 - [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, Arial,](5:15 - 1st) B.Colquitt punts 60 yards to JAX 18, Center-C.Hughlett. J.Mickens MUFFS catch, and recovers at JAX 18. J.Mickens to JAX 25 for 7 yards (S.DeValve). CLV-S.Coates was injured during the play. His return is Probable.[/font]

(0:01 - 4th) P.Dawson kicks 15 yards from ARZ 30 to ARZ 45. P.Posluszny (didn't try to advance) to JAX 49 for -6 yards. Lateral to K.Cole (didn't try to advance) to JAX 28 for -21 yards. Lateral to C.Grant to JAX 17 for -11 yards. Lateral to J.Mickens to JAX 19 for 2 yards. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by ARZ-H.Miller at JAX 24. H.Miller to JAX 24 for no gain (B.Brown).

4th & 1 at TEN 29 - [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, Arial,](2:00 - 2nd) (Punt formation) B.Kern punts 39 yards to JAX 32, Center-B.Brinkley. J.Mickens MUFFS catch, touched at JAX 32, RECOVERED by TEN-P.Supernaw at JAX 23. PENALTY on JAX-J.Mickens, Unnecessary Roughness, 11 yards, enforced at JAX 23.[/font]

4th & 13 at TEN 28 - [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, Arial,](13:47 - 3rd) (Punt formation) B.Kern punts 63 yards to JAX 9, Center-B.Brinkley. J.Mickens MUFFS catch, touched at JAX 2, and recovers at JAX 2. J.Mickens to JAX 5 for 3 yards (T.Taylor; L.Stocker).[/font]

All four fumbles were on returns. Though he did not handle the initial return on one of them. 
I was wrong about the distribution of his fumbles.  Thanks for the details as I could not recall correctly. 

Still a poor reason to whine about the 5th or 6th receiver on the roster (especially after losing a starter in preseason). 
Dude barely made the cut. 

If this WR group stays healthy - it has long been my hope that they will use Westbrook on punt returns. He's better than both Greene and Mickens IMO. They just have to be careful about preserving his health for the sake of the offensive depth chart. 

I think the roster is in great shape aside from the O-Line depth. The 5th and 6th receiver spots and the PR options do not concern me.  If Mickens and/or Greene prove unworthy as returners then Westbrook can take over.  I think your concerns are overwrought.

So a muff and a recovery and then gaining yards is a fumble?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-31-2018, 05:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 04:49 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Perhaps four fumbled punt returns in a single season is a all-time Jaguars record, maybe not? Certainly NOT the type of play a franchise seeks to reinforce and clearly not reward in ANY way.

All four fumbles were on returns. Though he did not handle the initial return on one of them. 
I was wrong about the distribution of his fumbles.  Thanks for the details as I could not recall correctly. 

Still a poor reason to whine about the 5th or 6th receiver on the roster (especially after losing a starter in preseason). 
Dude barely made the cut. 

If this WR group stays healthy - it has long been my hope that they will use Westbrook on punt returns. He's better than both Greene and Mickens IMO. They just have to be careful about preserving his health for the sake of the offensive depth chart. 

I think the roster is in great shape aside from the O-Line depth. The 5th and 6th receiver spots and the PR options do not concern me.  If Mickens and/or Greene prove unworthy as returners then Westbrook can take over.  I think your concerns are overwrought.

I totally agree. This is the most confident I've been in our roster from top to bottom, in a long time. I still wish we had a solid swing Tackle, but in the grand scheme of things, we have a fantastic roster.