Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars are what advertised

(09-09-2018, 05:59 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: People concerned about a win on the road after not playing well. What a time

I feel ya, but dang the potential is there for so much more.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2018, 05:59 PM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: People concerned about a win on the road after not playing well. What a time

I remember 2008-2016 where we'd easily lose a game like that!

Was it flawless?  Mo.

But it was a win and 1-0 looks good for now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Said it on an earlier thread. Bortles can be a lot more effective if he runs.

To the fans complaining after a win....come on.

I’ll take 1-0 over 0-1 all day. The Colts and Texans both lost so we are right back on top of the division already.

Big game next week.

(09-09-2018, 07:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I remember 2008-2016 where we'd easily lose a game like that!

Was it flawless?  Mo.

But it was a win and 1-0 looks good for now.

In those years we would've been the Giants. Playing relatively sound football to eke out a loss that looked closer than it should've been.

Add the Titans to the losing list. Jaguars are the only AFC South team to win today.

We traveled to New York and did what we were supposed to, which was win the game. End of story.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2018, 10:49 PM by jaglyn.)

It never really seemed like NYG were threatening. Even through we weren't blowing them out, it seemed like the Jags had complete control of the game.

I totally get it though, it's different compared to last year when we came in and surprised everyone and blew the doors off the Texans

(09-09-2018, 10:48 PM)jaglyn Wrote: It never really seemed like NYG were threatening. Even through we weren't blowing them out, it seemed like the Jags had complete control of the game.

I totally get it though, it's different compared to last year when we came in and surprised everyone and blew the doors off the Texans

I was mostly satisfied until the offense seemed to completely stall in the second half (Bortles big run being the exception).  If we could have mounted even one serious drive the game would have been over but the Giant's seem to shut us down completely. I haven't re-watched the game yet but that was my impression.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 02:57 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

The O-line wasn't as good as we had hoped. Tough road game against an improved team that had all their weapons back. The Giants will probably be in the playoff race and a threat to win the NFC East. Kind of disappointed we didn't see anything out of Chark and Moncrief only had 1 catch for 14 yards. The second half primarily was bad. Didn't really establish any rhythm offensively. It basically looked like a 2014 Jaguars offense.
No pain, no gain.

(09-10-2018, 02:49 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The O-line wasn't as good as we had hoped. Tough road game against an improved team that had all their weapons back. The Giants will probably be in the playoff race and a threat to win the NFC East. Kind of disappointed we didn't see anything out of Chark and Moncrief only had 1 catch for 14 yards. The second half primarily was bad. Didn't really establish any rhythm offensively. It basically looked like a 2014 Jaguars offense.

Nah they are a bad team, and didn't have all of their weapons back. As rough of a game as Cam Robinson had, who knows how much worse it could have been if Olivier Vernon was opposite him.