Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Riddle me this

What can go up when down, but can't go down when up?
Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What can go up when down, but can't go down when up?

Hillary Clinton?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I answered the riddle with a joke, but my response disappeared.  Trust me, the answer was logical.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Post your favorite riddles & jokes.

Some of you may have heard this one already...but I like it, so here it is.

The night before the big meeting, three men on a business trip check into the local hotel.  One of the men ask the clerk if they had three vacancies for the evening.  The clerk responded "I'm sorry sir, but we're down to only one room available, but there are two double beds and we can bring in a roll away."  Being as it was already late, the three businessmen agreed to share the room.  The cost was $30 per night.  Each man gave the clerk a $10 bill.  The clerk gave the men each a key to the room and told them that the bellhop would bring up their luggage shortly.

Shortly after, the clerk realized that the total should have only been $25, so he sent the bellhop up to the businessmen's room with their luggage and $5 to rectify the total.

When the bellhop arrived with the luggage and $5 refund, he realized that he couldn't split the $5 evenly between the businessmen, so he gave each $1 and kept $2 for himself as a tip.

So each man paid $10 and got a $1 refund or effectively $9 each for the night.

$9 x 3 = $27, the bellhop kept $2 = $29

Where's the other dollar?

There is no "other" dollar.  Each businessman spent $9, from which the bellhop got $2, leaving $25 in the cash drawer.

The clerk appears to be somewhat math challenged, as the $5 refund was incorrect from the beginning. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Steam

An umbrella through a chimney.

Quote:An umbrella through a chimney.

Someone used google...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Nope...it was my riddle.

Quote:Nope...it was my riddle.

Oh...yeah. Never mind.

ur dum

Exactly.

What's green and red and goes round and round?

Quote:What's green and red and goes round and round?

Kermit in a blender?

Well yeah, but pretty much any frog or frogs.

I just found the missing dollar in my desk drawer.

/thread

Give me another couple of minutes --- I almost have the solution

[Image: math-formula-chalkboard-600x350.jpg]

How do you catch a polar bear?

Very carefully

Quote:Very carefully

Nope.  ur dum

Quote:How do you catch a polar bear?

First, you have to make a hole in the ice large enough to contain the bear.

Next, you have to line the hole with peas.  Canned peas don't work as well as fresh peas.  Line the hole with peas about 6 inches apart and about an inch from the opening.

Then you hide close by and wait for the bear.

When the bear goes to take a pea, you kick it in the ice hole.