Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Liberalism CAN'T work for Black People...

Liberalism does work.  Not just for black people, but for everyone.  I'd go into it more, but it'd just fall on deaf ears here in the echo chamber.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Liberalism does work. Not just for black people, but for everyone. I'd go into it more, but it'd just fall on deaf ears here in the echo chamber.

Old school liberalism, you bet. I subscribe to it. This new hard left brand, no.

Quote:Old school liberalism, you bet. I subscribe to it. This new hard left brand, no.
Exactly. Liberalism now is a former shadow of itself just as conservatism is. Both hijacked by politicans, lobyists, and special interest groups.

So Black people who are not Republicans cant think for themselves?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The Water Crises in Flint Michigan was caused by Republicans looking to save money...  

The War on Drugs began under Ronnie RayGun.

The term "Welfare Queen" was a reference to poor black women, started by republicans.

The concept of drug tests for welfare recipients was an idea brought to us by the GOP.

The idea that the Black Lives Matter movement is a terrorist movement comes from conservatives.  

But yeah, Democrates are hurting black people... That is believable.  

I literally was about to post the same exact thing.

The people who participated in the Civil Rights movement was considered "terrorist" as well. 

MLK was considered a "threat".

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Anchorman, your last post is pretty sad.  Your basically saying anyone that is black and doesn't side with liberal policies can't have any pride in his culture or race?  

As far as the GOP hating jj, I don't hate him.  It's your narrative that the GOP party would because that is good for votes, but sadly for you its not true.

You want to call out Donald Trump for saying hateful things, but look at what you've said in this post alone.  You sound just as bad as him.  You sound mean and hateful, you've talked down to jj for nothing other than saying a system wont work. 

Sad, very sad.

Pull up, Anch. I fear you're going off the deep end here. There is no need nor cause to come for jj's blackness. You are better than this.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

But Conservatism can appeal to blacks by also appealing to racist elements that make up a large part of the Republican base?

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

Quote:But Conservatism can appeal to blacks by also appealing to racist elements that make up a large part of the Republican base?

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

L... B... J...

Quote:L... B... J...

What about LBJ?

Quote:The greatest branding event of the last half century is no doubt the 30 second quip about "Democrats care about black people." It may surprise some of those who know me here, but I was actually a pretty liberal person coming out of high school and entering college.  Like most people of color I had been taught, both passively and actively, over the last few years of my life that to be black and inspirational meant to support the liberal agenda, more specifically the Democratic party.  They would INVEST IN ME and have people PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE and the like.  I won't go into the long and short of my entire conversion to modern constitutional conservatism, but I will highlight the one truth that I came to realize at the apex of that Journey. 

Liberalism CAN'T work for Black people! 

Now introducing "jj" the lead singer 

[Image: spin-doctors-longview-squirrel-fest-95.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 05:12 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

Quote:Who appointed the Emergency Manager?

Was the Emergency Manager appointed by a democratic election?  Was he appointed by the city council people that were elected by the people of Flint?  Or was he appointed by the Governor?

As for BLM, what's embarrassing, exactly?  Is it embarrassing to you, as a black man?  That you have to listen to people of your own party call the youth of your race terrorists?  I'd find that embarrassing as well.  I mean, how can you allow the entirety of your culture and your race to be called terrorists?  That must indeed be embarrassing.  How can you sit by like a self loathing black man?  I feel sorry for you.  Do you not have any pride in your own culture and race? 

Have you really just become so subservient to the GOP, a party that hates you?  That you'll just let them denounce your entire race?  That's really sad.  And yes, it's also very embarrassing.  But I'm not the self loathing black man.  You are.  So it is embarrassing.  But you are the one that should be embarrassed.  No me.
Cheers for at least being honest about how you feel.  It's how most liberals feel, but most of them aren't honest enough to admit it.  It's also an extremely racist position to suggest that blacks can't think for themselves or have a difference of opinion and that they should just vote as they're told.  Of course, racism is nothing new for liberals.  Robert Byrd was a Klan member.  Bill Clinton said of Obama "a few years ago he'd be getting us coffee".  Hillary called young black men "super predators".  The list goes on and on.  

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:What about LBJ?
He was quite fond of using the "n" word.  Real stand up guy.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:He was quite fond of using the "n" word.  Real stand up guy.

A lot of people used that word for a very long time.  Especially in racist places like Texas.

What did his actions provide?  

You know who stopped using that word?  David Duke.  Does that make him a better person?  

I think not.

On a side note, what specific policy has the republican party done to benefit blacks?  Heck, right after the voting rights act was dismantled a couple years ago, republican run states began immediately making it harder for blacks to vote.

But yeah, what the hell to blacks have to lose, right?  Please.  The premise of this thread was generated by the syphilitic mind of a fool that has been exposed to the circle yanking of a corrupted party that hates anything that isn't white.  

The civil rights movement was liberalism.  The OP would still be sitting at the back of the bus and drinking from "colored" water fountains if a whole bunch of liberals didn't decide to change the status quo of conservatives, for crying out loud.  

The Republican Party to this very minute has never genuinely endorsed minorities and barely wanted to put Cruz or Rubio on the front line in this years GOP ticket. This is a well known issue among the party.

Quote:A lot of people used that word for a very long time. Especially in racist places like Texas.

What did his actions provide?

You know who stopped using that word? David Duke. Does that make him a better person?

I think not.

On a side note, what specific policy has the republican party done to benefit blacks? Heck, right after the voting rights act was dismantled a couple years ago, republican run states began immediately making it harder for blacks to vote.

But yeah, what the hell to blacks have to lose, right? Please. The premise of this thread was generated by the syphilitic mind of a fool that has been exposed to the circle yanking of a corrupted party that hates anything that isn't white.

The civil rights movement was liberalism. The OP would still be sitting at the back of the bus and drinking from "colored" water fountains if a whole bunch of liberals didn't decide to change the status quo of conservatives, for crying out loud.

Lol you mad bruh?

Quote:Of course, racism is nothing new for liberals.  

If electing the 1st black President and bringing equality to Hispanics, Muslims, and the LGBTQ community is considered racist then yes, I guess we are.

Quote:Lol you mad bruh?

It always goes personal, doesn't it?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 11:05 AM by unf_nashvillian.)

Quote:If electing the 1st black President and bringing equality to Hispanics, Muslims, and the LGBTQ community is considered racist then yes, I guess we are.
He was elected because of his policy proposals and the fact that he's a great speaker, not because of his color.  Republicans put Clarence Thomas on the USSC.  Do they not get any credit for that?  Liberals rejected Jesse Jackson as their nominee when he ran for president multiple times.  Is that because they hate black people?  Of course not.  Problem is that liberals want to claim to be the only people looking out for black people when that just isn't so.

How exactly did liberals "bring equality" to Hispanics and Muslims?  Specifics, please.  

Also, you do realize that "Muslim" and "LGBTQ" aren't race, right?

Why should a black person vote for the Republican nominee? What does the party have to offer?

More EBT credits?

Have you seen my baseball?