Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kessler the one bright spot on the team tonight

(12-07-2018, 12:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I didn't see any bright spot in this game. It was a total black void of emptiness.

Westbrook's play and Bryan flashing that incredible first step that he showed in college, were the only positives I took away from this game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-07-2018, 12:31 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:28 AM)#1calijagfan Wrote: 1 TD pass in two games and a whopping 15 points scored in those two games combined and Kessler is being congratulated?

Did I miss something?

Stats don't tell alll the tale.   Receivers dropping balls, line not blocking, ref's bogus penalties.

0 ints is a decent stat.

Please don't tell me its become so bad that 0 ints in two games coupled with anemic completion ratio, passing yards and TD passes from a QB on this team is seen as shining moment

It's got that bad unfortunately.

(12-07-2018, 12:32 AM)JNev Wrote: Haha wow people really have it out for Blake. Kessler gets 1 TD in 2 full games and hes a "bright spot"

Kessler threw spirals at his receivers. Bortles throws ducks at his left guard's helmet.

(12-07-2018, 12:59 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:32 AM)JNev Wrote: Haha wow people really have it out for Blake. Kessler gets 1 TD in 2 full games and hes a "bright spot"

Kessler threw spirals at his receivers. Bortles throws ducks at his left guard's helmet.

Kessler still has a record of 1 - 9 ......and a 58% pass completion for todays game....not good.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Blake had 1 TD and 2 picks in his last two games

Cool. Luck had no points in his last game.

(12-07-2018, 01:01 AM)old_man Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:59 AM)TJBender Wrote: Kessler threw spirals at his receivers. Bortles throws ducks at his left guard's helmet.

Kessler still has a record of 1 - 9 ......and a 58% pass completion for todays game....not good.

He played for the Browns under Hue Jackson. It's a miracle some of those losses didn't count twice.

You can want Bortles gone and want a new qb that's fine.

Pretending Kessler is better is just ridiculous.

Bottles averages 10 points more a game in a season he's 'regressed'

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 01:10 AM by JAGFAN88.)

(12-07-2018, 01:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Blake had 1 TD and 2 picks in his last two games

and in those last 2 games we were dominating on offense untill the coachs gave up and defense couldnt stop pitt or let a rookiee QB run for 100 yards after 4net got kicked out. niether of those losses are on blake

And we still scored some points in those games too...

But yeah this non scoring but still playing it safe in garbage time is lovely

(12-07-2018, 01:07 AM)lastonealive Wrote: You can want Bortles gone and want a new qb that's fine.

He's also averaged ten more ducks into the back of Linder's helmet than he has in seasons he improved in.

I'm not arguing that Bortles wasn't good. For a while there last year, he was damn good. For a short stretch of this year, he looked like he hadn't just turned the corner, but was running down the back straight. Then the wheels fell off somehow, whether that was a lack of confidence, injuries to his left tackle(s), not having much support in the running game, whatever it was, he suddenly decided that the back of Andrew Norwell's helmet was an appealing checkdown option, and that led to turnovers. At some point, it's clear that Bortles is no longer your best option. That's where we ended up two weeks ago.

Kessler isn't bad but he isn't good. He made some good throws tonight. Throws a good ball. But he's a career back up at best.

He's Colt McCoy to an extent. He just had his 10th career start. Or something like that. So it's not like defenses have had a really good look at him.

I like him as our back up next year. But they need to take a swing at QB next year. I don't care if it's a big swing or a base hit. But they have to draft a QB sooner than RD5 and beyond in 2019.

Haskins and Grier early. Maybe pick up Jones or Finley as an insurance plan. But a move or two must be made. I assume Marrone is out soon.

So the QB question will be answered by a new offensive minded headcoach. I am assuming McCarthy, McDaniels or maybe Arians if Coughlin and Khan can convince him to fix this dumpster fire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Look I can accept most of what you said. But people can't praise kesslers spirals and blame our woes on Blake's non pretty throws and then continue to bemoan drops by receivers after the change.

We are scoring less and now almost inept.

(12-07-2018, 01:19 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Look I can accept most of what you said. But people can't praise kesslers spirals and blame our woes on Blake's non pretty throws and then continue to bemoan drops by receivers after the change.

We are scoring less and now almost inept.

We've been inept for two months. Your BFF/boyfriend/son/whatever isn't the only problem, and he hasn't gotten any help from anyone else, but he's the one throwing balls into traffic and nailing his linemen in the helmet so defenders can pluck the bouncing ball out of the sky.

(12-07-2018, 01:10 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 01:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Blake had 1 TD and 2 picks in his last two games

and in those last 2 games we were dominating on offense untill the coachs gave up and defense couldnt stop pitt or let a rookiee QB run for 100 yards after 4net got kicked out. niether of those losses are on blake

Nobody said they were

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 01:34 AM by jaguarmvp.)

(12-07-2018, 01:01 AM)old_man Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:59 AM)TJBender Wrote: Kessler threw spirals at his receivers. Bortles throws ducks at his left guard's helmet.

Do you want to talk about Bortles record?  Bortles has a career 58% pass completion avg

(12-07-2018, 01:07 AM)lastonealive Wrote: You can want Bortles gone and want a new qb that's fine.

Bortles played in the first match against The titans at home with a much healthier team.

How many points did we score?  Thank you
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-07-2018, 01:14 AM)TJBender Wrote:

He's also averaged ten more ducks into the back of Linder's helmet than he has in seasons he improved in.

I'm not arguing that Bortles wasn't good. For a while there last year, he was damn good. For a short stretch of this year, he looked like he hadn't just turned the corner, but was running down the back straight. Then the wheels fell off somehow, whether that was a lack of confidence, injuries to his left tackle(s), not having much support in the running game, whatever it was, he suddenly decided that the back of Andrew Norwell's helmet was an appealing checkdown option, and that led to turnovers. At some point, it's clear that Bortles is no longer your best option. That's where we ended up two weeks ago.

Cool that's all fine but now we are even worse two weeks on.

I believe you play the better of the two or find somebody better.

So start Blake and search for somebody who can beat him out in training camp.

I'm not up for cutting off our nose to spite face and wasting a solid team when our olinemen,lee,grant or whoever are back.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 01:42 AM by krauley.)

My problem with those wanting bortles benched, is that if your going to bench a player for playing badly then the jaguars shouldnt have had any players on the field the last 8 or 9 weeks because of that span pretty much every player has stunk it up more than they didnt. Kessler did ok with what protection he had and the recievers play but i think bortles did also. the whole team should be and i hope are embarrassed by what they fielded the bulk of the year.

Oh and TC, if you think that kesslers play was a bright spot, then you have lower expectations than the jaguars coaches lol.

(12-07-2018, 01:35 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 01:14 AM)TJBender Wrote: He's also averaged ten more ducks into the back of Linder's helmet than he has in seasons he improved in.

Cool that's all fine but now we are even worse two weeks on.

I believe you play the better of the two or find somebody better.

So start Blake and search for somebody who can beat him out in training camp.

I'm not up for cutting off our nose to spite face and wasting a solid team when our olinemen,lee,grant or whoever are back.

Blake won't play another snap for the jags barring injury. Zero reason to play him