Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Jags top 5 bigboard?

(01-04-2019, 10:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: my ignorant/way too early board of likely picks at 7:

1) Haskins - If he is deemed the man, package 7 with whatever you need to go up and get him.
2) Little - more likely than Wms. to be available at 7, being able to play both sides is a plus.
3) Jonah Wms. - I don't see him being there at 7. If Haskins is gone, and Jonah is still on the board, the pick is too easy.
4) Devin White - Likely overdrafting at 7, preference is to move down into the teens where the pick fits better.
5) Lock - Again, overdrafting at 7, but fills our most glaring need. If other teams are offering to move to 7 to take him, I am likely to entertain the offer instead of make this pick.

Guaranteed, he doesn't fall any further than Cincinnati at #11. They are desperate for LB help and he's by far, the best 4-3 LB in the draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 05:40 PM by Dimson.)

1. Haskins
2. Grier
3. Williams
4. Little
5. Ferrell
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Honestly I dont really care about any of the other positions besides QB. If there isnt a QB we like when we draft 1st round, I'd be happy with any of these defensive lineman. Preferably one who is more of a pass rusher.

As far as the QBs, Haskins is my favorite. I'd be fine with him at 7. I will say I think the Haskins bandwagon has gotten a little too crowded and seems to be flying off the tracks out of control. People are talking about trading up giving up this years first, next years first, a 2nd, other picks, etc... And that seems crazy to me. His comp% is great, he has put up big stats, has some big wins. But he was called out by PFF for being particularly bad against pressure. Rarely faced much of a pass rush. Even in the Rose Bowl game when Washington finally abandoned the 3 man rush and zone coverage and instead switched to blitzing and mixing up the coverage, Haskins essentially got shut down. But did Ohio St change their gameplan, get too comfortable with a lead, etc... ? Who knows? That's the risk of a guy who so few starts. He may be terrible against the rush but it was masked by Ohio St's surrounding talent. Urban has a history of taking QBs that cant throw and having them put up huge numbers. Now he has a guy who can throw and he puts up even bigger numbers. But how would he have done elsewhere? I dont know. But in my mind its a lot of risk to give up some many draft picks to move up to grab him. I'm happy taking him at 7. I need a lot more analysis to get on board with giving up two first round picks, a 2nd, etc... to get him. I'd love to see more PPF analytics on how Haskins has done in different scenarios.

I like Will Grier. I dont know that I like him 7th overall pick. I do question his arm strength if he cant step into a throw. But he feels like a gamer that makes plays to win games. He throws a nice accurate deep ball. If he somehow fell to the 2nd round, I'd be pretty excited to draft him. He feels like the kinda guy that would do well with what Coughlin wants in a QB. Run first attack with a QB that makes plays and throws it deep. But isn't the focal point of the offense.

Lock is one of those guys I dont think you can predict. Great physical ability. Big arm. Accuracy is spotty. Didnt play great against good teams. It's a risk. He either gets more accurate and learns how to deal with pressure better or he doesnt. I dont want to take that chance. But if some team does, and is able to coach him up in those areas, they'll hit the QB jackpot.

Daniel Jones. I've only seen a few videos of him and I dont see the appeal. But I keep reading about his potential and his ability and it makes me think I'm missing something. I need to spend more time watching clips of him. Career comp% less than 60%. Lousy TD/INT ratio. My impression is he is a guy that has the big size and the look of an elite player but doesnt actually play to it. Is his draft stock all due to potential? I don't see it yet.

Haskins
Lock
Bosa
Williams
Trade Down

I'm getting more and more worried that:
-Haskins will go earlier than #7 and cost more draft capital than Jags want to use.
-None of the other QB's will be valued as a top 10 pick
-Jaguars cannot trade down.

Really not sure who the Jaguars draft then. OT J. Williams and LB D. White seem very risky and reaches there. Greedy Williams and all the DL guys may be great players but would speak to looking towards 2020 instead of 2019 that I don't think this front office can afford to do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!