Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Schedule

Titans on Thursday night again.... We've played them on TNF in 5 of the last 6 years... and the year we didn't play them, we didn't even have a TNF game...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Home Kansas City (Loss)
At Houston (Loss)
Home Tennessee (Win)
At Denver (Win)
At Carolina (Win)
Home New Orleans (Loss)
At Cincinnati (Win)
Home New York Jets (Win)
At (London) Houston (win)
At Indianapolis (Loss)
At Tennessee (Loss)
Home Tampa Bay (Win)
Home L.A. Chargers (Loss)
At Oakland (Win)
At Atlanta (Win)
Home Indianapolis (Loss)

Final record 9-7

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 09:50 PM by p_rushing.)

(04-17-2019, 09:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Though I am hoping like hell for revenge week 3, part of me is dreading facing the tacks week 3 on a Thursday night, especially after playing Houston.
Good thing is the mini bye week after 3 games. Hopefully the team is healthy coming out of the preseason and then gets a break.

Jags also want a night game early in the year to help with attendance. That should keep fans in their seats without the sun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 09:51 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-17-2019, 09:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Home Kansas City (Loss)
At Houston (Loss)
Home Tennessee (Win)
At Denver (Win)
At Carolina (Win)
Home New Orleans (Loss)
At Cincinnati (Win)
Home New York Jets (Win)
At Indianapolis (Loss)
At Tennessee (Loss)
Home Tampa Bay (Win)
At Oakland (Win)
At Atlanta (Win)
Home Indianapolis (Loss)

Final record 9-7
KC is winnable, but the Denver game could be problematic with those edge rushers. 

I hate the idea of a Thursday game against the tacks-AGAIN.  They never work out for us, and this is coming off of a tough game against Houston the week before.

Gut feeling we beat the Saints.

Chargers will be another tough game.

I do not see us getting swept by Indy.  If anything we sweep them.

(04-17-2019, 09:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 09:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Though I am hoping like hell for revenge week 3, part of me is dreading facing the tacks week 3 on a Thursday night, especially after playing Houston.
Good thing is the mini bye week after 3 games. Hopefully the team is healthy coming out of the preseason and then gets a break.

Yeah, but a very tough road game against Denver.

They have two stud pass rushers, a great home field advantage, and we suck going west.

It's a tough ask, but we've got to come out of the first four games no worse than 2-2.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-17-2019, 09:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 09:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Home Kansas City (Loss)
At Houston (Loss)
Home Tennessee (Win)
At Denver (Win)
At Carolina (Win)
Home New Orleans (Loss)
At Cincinnati (Win)
Home New York Jets (Win)
At Indianapolis (Loss)
At Tennessee (Loss)
Home Tampa Bay (Win)
At Oakland (Win)
At Atlanta (Win)
Home Indianapolis (Loss)

Final record 9-7
KC is winnable, but the Denver game could be problematic with those edge rushers. 

I hate the idea of a Thursday game against the tacks-AGAIN.  They never work out for us, and this is coming off of a tough game against Houston the week before.

(04-17-2019, 09:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Good thing is the mini bye week after 3 games. Hopefully the team is healthy coming out of the preseason and then gets a break.

They have two stud pass rushers, a great home field advantage, and we suck going west.

It's a tough ask, but we've got to come out of the first four games no worse than 2-2.

I have Indy winning the division and going to the AFC title game. If they add another receiver, a NT and a Safety, they have no holes.

Not a bad schedule tbh, tired of Texans/titans on tnf but whatever. If we can get a win week 1 I think that will be a huge statement game for us. Barring another injury bug, I see 10/11 wins.

Man we have never had a Thanksgiving game IIRC and why is it the Tacks every time on Thursday night?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 11:11 PM by surfon.)

Love love love no west coast trips!!! Not counting the raiders bcuz ..... raiders.

That video they produced is EPIC! Major kudos to the team for going through with it

(04-17-2019, 10:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 09:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: KC is winnable, but the Denver game could be problematic with those edge rushers. 

I have Indy winning the division and going to the AFC title game. If they add another receiver, a NT and a Safety, they have no holes.

Indy hasn't scored a point on us in 6 straight quarters...

Hard to see much room to make a run anywhere but if you beat Joe Flacco and the Broncos away (which will be v tough early in the year) , beat one of the panthers or saints , then you have a should win Vs the Bengals , Jets which will be a toss up and then the Texans in London

Go 4-2 over that span and head into the bye with a lot of momentum, two division games waiting for you on the other side.

That's an optimistic view of course, you can just as easily go 2-4 over that stretch and your season will already be over

(04-18-2019, 01:13 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 10:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have Indy winning the division and going to the AFC title game. If they add another receiver, a NT and a Safety, they have no holes.

Indy hasn't scored a point on us in 6 straight quarters...

It's a new year.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019, 03:29 AM by irontrooper83.)

(04-17-2019, 08:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1118665476224188416

LOL

Jags troll every opponent in this vid ^

LOL

Fun video!
I thought the Saints part with the non-pass interference call was brutal (was nice to throw in the "we've been there" part) then the 283 ° cooking temperature for the Falcons came up (28-3 SB lead)....that was really brutal Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019, 03:47 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-18-2019, 02:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 01:13 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Indy hasn't scored a point on us in 6 straight quarters...

It's a new year.

Yeah, but the matchups are largely still the same.  Of course how each team manages the draft and injuries will have a lot to say about it,  But what WR could they draft to definitively tip the balance against our secondary?  A NT like Lawrence would make them tough to run inside against, but we have improved at QB.  We have won four out of the last six against them, and should have won the two we lost.

Similarly, I am less confident about our chances against Tennessee and Houston.  While getting our OL healthy should help against those guys, those defenses are likely to be tough.  I am still not sure how we stop Henry, even if we go defense at 9 and hit on the pick.  Tennessee has swept us the last two seasons, and Houston has dominated us, 2017 aside.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

as usal jags get toughest Schedule in al of the nfl. the chiefs game will be very very tough to win. they are much better then us,they showed that when they scored 30 points on us last season,and we had 2 good safys,right now our saftys are question marks while chiefs are getting back all thier same players.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-18-2019, 08:33 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: as usal jags get toughest Schedule in al of the nfl.    the chiefs game will be very very tough to win. they are much better then us,they showed that when they scored 30 points on us last season,and we had 2 good safys,right now our saftys are question marks while chiefs are getting back all thier same players.

Was waiting for this post from you... 

We have the 4th hardest by Strength of Schedule 

And also, what don't you understand about the opponents already being decided on a rotation? They literally don't just wake up and say "lets make Jax play all good teams"

Not to mention, from a standpoint of home and away scheduling, we are pretty balanced. The Bucs on the other hand go 49 days between home games at one point.

A quick thought on the AFC South "first quarter" of the schedule.

The Jags, tinhorns, and thumbtacks all have somewhat daunting schedules over the first four games.
There's a scenario there where any or all of those teams could be 1-3 headed into week 5.
The colts seem to have the easier path to begin the season.

Also, when looking at the Jags first quarter schedule, let's not forget that the Jags defense has a good likelihood of holding the tacks, tinhorns and broncos to a beatable score if DeFilippos's offense is ready to keep up.
I won't go that far with the chefs just yet as our defense played so poorly against them last season.
I'm confident they'll have a sound defensive gameplan for the tacks this time.

(04-17-2019, 08:50 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: I hate the fact that every time a west coast team comes here it’s a 4:00 kickoff. It’s an advantage for us if the away team is playing way earlier in the day than they’re  normally accustomed to. Not much of a home field advantage IMO.

What are you talking about.  Last year (2018) we didn't host any west coast teams and in 2017 we only hosted 2 west coast teams and both games were at 1pm (ET).  In 2016 we hosted the Raiders and Broncos and both games were at 1pm (ET).  In 2015 the only west coast team we hosted was the Chargers and that game was at 1pm (ET)

https://fbschedules.com/nfl-2018/team/ja...le-jaguars

https://fbschedules.com/nfl-2017/team/ja...le-jaguars

https://fbschedules.com/nfl-2016/team/ja...le-jaguars

https://fbschedules.com/nfl-2015/team/ja...le-jaguars

When talking about going up against the Tacks and trying to slow Henry, Bryan is an upgrade to Malik in run D already. We just need Telvin and Jack to do their part and take the right gaps and angles

(04-18-2019, 09:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When talking about going up against the Tacks and trying to slow Henry, Bryan is an upgrade to Malik in run D already.  We just need Telvin and Jack to do their part and take the right gaps and angles

Potentially starting Jake Ryan at SAM on base downs should have a positive impact as well. 

This team is far more capable of stopping the run than they displayed in that second tacks game last year. The Jags will should also balance the clock better with a hopefully healthy line and Foles opposed to 3rd string tackles and Kessler.