Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alt-Right Movement

Quote:I've never heard you say you denounce these people either. Or that you denounce Hitler, Stalin, or Fidel Castro. You must support ISIS too, I've never heard you denounce them either...Does that mean you agree with any of those groups just because you haven't actually said you don't?
They aren't trying to assimilate themselves into my life or my political party either. Or does that not make sense.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They aren't trying to assimilate themselves into my life or my political party either. Or does that not make sense.

Oh, so you're okay with them then as long as they don't bother you personally. You didn't denounce them, you must agree with them.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Oh, so you're okay with them then as long as they don't bother you personally. You didn't denounce them, you must agree with them.

You have a bright future with CNN..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Oh, so you're okay with them then as long as they don't bother you personally. You didn't denounce them, you must agree with them.

Are you being serious? This is a faction which is trying to infiltrate a political party to give their ideology a mainstream platform (not unlike the tea party). The difference is that they have a hateful message which they do hide at all. Why wouldn't someone who is a vocal leader within that party speak up and say, "this group does not represent our beliefs?" If conservative columnists are supposedly denouncing this group and calling them what they are, why is there silence from the actual politicians who align themselves with their party? I get that the GOP has lost its way. That's what opened the door for these leeches to slide in. Wouldn't finding their way back to their core values involve saying this group does not represent us instead of allowing the lines to be blurred? I never said that anyone agreed with them, but it would be less easy to believe those dots could be connected if someone stood up and said.. look.. here's what these people are and here's what they're trying to do.. and they're not who and what we are. As if disassociating oneself from a white nationalist group is challenging or requires deep personal introspection.

Quote:Are you being serious? This is a faction which is trying to infiltrate a political party to give their ideology a mainstream platform (not unlike the tea party). The difference is that they have a hateful message which they do hide at all. Why wouldn't someone who is a vocal leader within that party speak up and say, "this group does not represent our beliefs?" If conservative columnists are supposedly denouncing this group and calling them what they are, why is there silence from the actual politicians who align themselves with their party? I get that the GOP has lost its way. That's what opened the door for these leeches to slide in. Wouldn't finding their way back to their core values involve saying this group does not represent us instead of allowing the lines to be blurred? I never said that anyone agreed with them, but it would be less easy to believe those dots could be connected if someone stood up and said.. look.. here's what these people are and here's what they're trying to do.. and they're not who and what we are. As if disassociating oneself from a white nationalist group is challenging or requires deep personal introspection.

Still haven't seen you denounce them...guess you need some deep personal introspection too.

You're just trolling now.

Quote:You're just trolling now.

I'm not...I'm making a point. You don't believe you need to personally denounce these people because to you, they don't represent who or what you stand for. It's not worth your time and effort to give in to these bottom dwellers, right? So why are you insisting that someone else make the effort when you are so obviously unwilling to make it yourself? Not to mention, why give this scum the attention they are desperately craving in the first place?

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2016, 06:48 PM by Kotite.)

I really find this argument you are posing to be absurd.

This is a group that is unquestionably racist and they are integrating themselves into the Republican party (riding the wave of rhetoric from Trump). Why the Hell do I need to denounce them? I am not part of the Republican party. They are not trying to join anything I stand for. If they did I would tell them to [BLEEP] off. But no Republican is saying "this group of people do not represent us." (Though columnists allegedly are)

If you were on a bus to Tennessee full of Jags fans and halfway there three guys get on with brand new Jags gear, you'd probably welcome them. I would. But if the second the bus started rolling again these three guys start praising Jeff Fisher and saying all sorts of things in praise of Eddie George and Steve McNair, would you not stand up and say.. "these people are not one of us!" ??

I don't know that you actually looked at the first couple of posts in this thread, but this group is blurring the lines of who and what they are to attract disaffected members of the party to join their hate group. You either don't see a problem with that or don't think it's a big deal they are trying to bring their bigoted message mainstream by using the Republican party.

It's not a party I can relate to lately so this move doesn't directly impact me. But I know plenty of conservatives who still believe the party can get back to its roots and salvage itself. The lack of any political figure standing up and saying, "these people are not who we are and their message is not what our party stands for" tells me the party is either willing to adapt to an extreme racist ideology (I hope not) or they are too chicken [BLEEP] to risk losing any votes, even those of white supremacists.

Yes these people are bottom dwellers. But they are leeching off of a major political party and convincing some they are associated. That should anger many, but it clearly doesn't. Like I said.. not my party. If they want to continue to dissolve into a shadow of what they were, fine by me. I'm not part of that mess.

So if I get this straight there is some neo-nazi fringe group that tries to tie themselves to the republican party.  Members of that party denounce them and even ridicule them.  Yet because party leaders choose to ignore then and do not denounce them in your mind then they must accept them?  Dude seriously?

Let's turn that around a bit.  A fringe group ties itself to the democratic party.  They burn and loot every chance they get regardless of evidence that a perceived injustice did not occur.  They are actually embraced by that political party yet the actions of that group do not reflect that of the party.  Did I get that right?

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:So if I get this straight there is some neo-nazi fringe group that tries to tie themselves to the republican party. Members of that party denounce them and even ridicule them. Yet because party leaders choose to ignore then and do not denounce them in your mind then they must accept them? Dude seriously?

Let's turn that around a bit. A fringe group ties itself to the democratic party. They burn and loot every chance they get regardless of evidence that a perceived injustice did not occur. They are actually embraced by that political party yet the actions of that group do not reflect that of the party. Did I get that right?
I haven't heard anyone denounce them. They are gaining steam. Rumor is some conservative pundits have denounced them. But I have yet to see any actual politicians do so. That Breitbart guy bills himself as Alt Right and is helping the Trump campaign. Is he the white nationalist Alt Right some blurred interpretation of this dumb movement. Who knows? I'm not saying anyone necessarily accepts them. Maybe they do.. but what is so [BLEEP] hard about saying.. oh.. you're a nazi? Get the [BLEEP] out of here! It should be knee jerk. But it isn't.

Quote:I haven't heard anyone denounce them. They are gaining steam. Rumor is some conservative pundits have denounced them. But I have yet to see any actual politicians do so. That Breitbart guy bills himself as Alt Right and is helping the Trump campaign. Is he the white nationalist Alt Right some blurred interpretation of this dumb movement. Who knows? I'm not saying anyone necessarily accepts them. Maybe they do.. but what is so [BAD WORD REMOVED] hard about saying.. oh.. you're a nazi? Get the [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of here! It should be knee jerk. But it isn't.

I haven't heard any prominent Democrats denounce Islamic terrorism. Most of them won't even use the term "Islamic Terrorist."

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Oh.. are Islamic Terrorists joining the Democratic party and trying to convert people to jihad?

Quote:Oh.. are Islamic Terrorists joining the Democratic party and trying to convert people to jihad?

I thought that was the whole point of CAIR.

So.. CAIR is infiltrating a major political party?

There is no such thing as "alt-right."

It's just an empty label invented to demonize.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2016, 09:56 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:So.. CAIR is infiltrating a major political party?

Maybe. Are there any Republican members of CAIR? Libertarian party? Green party? Conservative party? Communist party?

CAIR is not a faction of the Democratic or Republican party. Alt Right is a faction of the Republican party

Quote:There is no such thing as "alt-right."

It's just an empty label invented to demonize.

The first couple of posts in this thread disagree.

Quote:CAIR is not a faction of the Democratic or Republican party. Alt Right is a faction of the Republican party

Do you have evidence of this faction even existing? Who is their leader? Pepe?

CAIR does exist, has organizational structure, paying/card-holding members, and routinely backs the Democrat party.

How do you become a card-holding member of the alt right? Post dank memes?

Go the beginning of this thread and answer your own questions.