Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
One thing that could change this defense around

Since Skuta has practice covering WR's... move him to CB and move Ramsey to LB. Then and only then, can we start talking Draft.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not sure how you interpreted that but good for you. Very bright.

If you think moving Ramsey to SS and Jack to SAM is going to change this defense then you're delusional. You want to take our best cover corner and put him in the box? That's the smart move?
yes moving Ramsey to in the box safety makes sense, the short to intermediate passes is where we get burned the most where Ramsey can be roaming around or if they run the ball he is the better tackler as well not to mention a better blitzer

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 12:10 PM by DangerousBoy.)

Quote:yes moving Ramsey to in the box safety makes sense, the short to intermediate passes is where we get burned the most where Ramsey can be roaming around or if they run the ball he is the better tackler as well not to mention a better blitzer

Have you ever thought that maybe we get burned the most in the short and intermediate passes is because Ramsey is helping prevent the long passes? 

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 12:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Move Ramsey to SS and Jack to Sam. I know this makes to much sense so it wont happen. Would turn maybe our 2 biggest weaknesses to strengths. I think SS would play to Ramsey stregths and could cover any TE and would still cover guys in the slot in some plays, play in the box, drop him deep, or even blitz the qb. Would be no limit. Where we get burned the most Ramsey would be in position. Jack and Ramsey are interchangeable at LB and safety and could really confuse a defense. Would love to see those guy next to each other in these mid to short range passes as they can cover a lot of ground. We have the parts to be dominant on what we get burned on the most and will never see it with this staff. Makes me sick

With the defense getting routinely pencil-whipped by opposing offensive coordinators, and with the main characteristic of this defense being massive levels of confusion in the back seven, I just don't see how such a move as you suggest would result in much improvement.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ramsey needs to stay put, but I've always been on board with the Jack to SS notion.

'02

Quote:Have you ever thought that maybe we get burned the most in the short and intermediate passes is because Ramsey is helping prevent the long passes?
Ri have you ever thought Ramsey has played 2 games now and only 1 game on the outside with maybe the team with the worst WR corps in the league with Allen out. This has been going on for years now

Quote:yes moving Ramsey to in the box safety makes sense, the short to intermediate passes is where we get burned the most where Ramsey can be roaming around or if they run the ball he is the better tackler as well not to mention a better blitzer
Those short passes you are referring to are not on Cyp. They are on the scheme which calls for LBs to cover WRs and such. Again, moving Ramsey to the box takes away some of his best attributes which are making plays on the outside. 

It doesn't make sense to put him in the box and make him play the run more than he should. He needs to be lined up consistently on the best WRs and take that element away.