Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why we will beat the Ravens

We'll know a lot more about this team after this week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ravens aren't as good as their record shows, having played two bottom 5 teams and beaten neither of them all that convincingly. Also, under their current coaching staff, the Ravens have a long history of only performing up to their talent when they think they're being dissed.

Jags had a bad week on the road, it happens to every team but the Pats at some point. What other team doesn't lay an egg at least once per season ... hell, the Panthers did it in the Super Bowl!

Talk about the Ravens "league leading pass defense" is just stupid given the ineptitude of the two teams they played. Other than arguably Philly, they've played the easiest schedule in the league ... they better be #1 or #2!

Bortles and Flacco trade picks. Ravens double cover Robinson all game and Hurns gets right with a 100 yard day - Jags win 27-24.

It can happen to every team, including the Pat (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kan...54800.html).

This coach staff just doesn't have the any trust left from the fan base. Having said that, every year is a different team and every game is different test.

You play 16 games for a reason, and if they play well here on out, no one will remember the Chargers game.

[Image: 435JasonMyersNYGiants082215.jpg]

Quote:We'll know a lot more about this team after this week.
I think this is very true.

Gus is a poop coach. That's a fact.

However beating Rodgers is very hard. He made some unreal plays to beat the Jags. Beating SD in their home opener was never going to happen. It just wasn't. Jags are an awful west coast team. Didn't expect to get blown out like that but also didn't expect a win.

The next 2 games are very telling of this team. Baltimore is very average. Flacco is not elite. Their run game is struggling. Home game and the team should be heated with how they played. I expect a W on Sunday and then who knows against the Colts.

I am looking forward to seeing Fowler and Ngakoue against Ronnie Stanley. Heck, I hope Odrick does something against the young rookie when he is lined up against him. Malik Jackson and Marks should throw Zuttah around, he is a garbage center. This is hopefully the week the D line does some special things. 

Dennis Pitta caught 9 balls for over a 100 yards last week. I am sure Flacco will be looking his way early and often, while taking deep shots in between. Any word on Prince? Would be amazing if he played so the Gratzy can see limited action.

This is another one of those "Jags should win games", but who honestly knows anymore. If Flacco is standing in the pocket with all day to throw, Ravens win easy by creating mismatches against a soft zone. If the line can get to Flacco, maybe we see Gipson and Ramsey with an interception each highlighting a Jags win. 

Pretty much.  I've said all week thus far to many people "around the water cooler" at work that the Jaguars will either win big or lose big.  I'm not on the "fire Gus bus" just yet, but if they don't get a couple of wins going into the bye week, I don't think that he has a job anymore.  This game as well as the next are two very winnable games.  2-2 going into the bye week would be acceptable to me.  I would probably say that 1-3 is alright depending on "how" the games shake out.

I won't predict a final score, but I will predict a win.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I feel like we said this last week. Haha

Quote:Pretty much. I've said all week thus far to many people "around the water cooler" at work that the Jaguars will either win big or lose big. I'm not on the "fire Gus bus" just yet, but if they don't get a couple of wins going into the bye week, I don't think that he has a job anymore. This game as well as the next are two very winnable games. 2-2 going into the bye week would be acceptable to me. I would probably say that 1-3 is alright depending on "how" the games shake out.

I won't predict a final score, but I will predict a win.

1-3 is pathetic after all the hype. 2-2 is the only thing that will calm everyone down.

Quote:I feel like we said this last week. Haha

I agree but i think 91% of the board considered that result so off the table before the game that we went from a question of being 6-10 to 10-6 good to is this a lost season or was San Diego an aberration?

I think Sunday goes a long way into answering that.

Quote:I agree but i think 91% of the board considered that result so off the table before the game that we went from a question of being 6-10 to 10-6 good to is this a lost season or was San Diego an aberration?

I think Sunday goes a long way into answering that.

nice.

Quote:What media love? I haven't watched ESPN or NFL Network at all this week, it might trigger my PTSD. It honestly makes me sick watching us get railed on TV while they talk about it.

I have seen multiple sites saying we are gonna bounce back this week and beat the ravens

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Ravens jump out ahead by 17. Bortles , forced to throw to try to catch up , is 26-42, 326 yards and 3 interceptions. Jags commit 10 penalties for 86 yards. Arguments between players break out on the sidelines as finger pointing starts. Ravens receivers run free and catch numerous passes with no Jag defender within 5 yards, the water boy trips, falls, and breaks his wrist, equipment manager forgets to pack jock straps and Jags suffer numerous "groin" injuries.

In post game interview, Gus admits "we have some work to do ", but praises the "energy" and the " perseverance" of the players, and vows that things will improve.

I reckon Houston have a good chance at beating the Patriots tonight with their QB problems, Edelman has been practicing as QB this week. If that's the case then may as well hand them the division tonight. Jags HAVE to be 2-2

Quote:Ravens jump out ahead by 17. Bortles , forced to throw to try to catch up , is 26-42, 326 yards and 3 interceptions. Jags commit 10 penalties for 86 yards. Arguments between players break out on the sidelines as finger pointing starts. Ravens receivers run free and catch numerous passes with no Jag defender within 5 yards, the water boy trips, falls, and breaks his wrist, equipment manager forgets to pack jock straps and Jags suffer numerous "groin" injuries.

In post game interview, Gus admits "we have some work to do ", but praises the "energy" and the " perseverance" of the players, and vows that things will improve.

Sounds about right.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Gus definitely has nudes of Shad that he threatens to leak. Only reason he's still in a job.