Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could we beat the Browns?

Quote:No doubt in my mind Garrard is more intelligent than Gus. Listen to how each of them talks. One is articulate and one talks like a living cheesy motivational poster.
One has a job in the NFL, and the other got bounced out once the real Jerrard showed up.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What part of "this team is better than the Chargers game" confused you here? Is that the only game this team has played? Pretty sure they played one a week earlier where they actually played pretty well despite the crappy officiating.

You mean the game we lost because of a bubble screen? Are we counting losses as a good thing now?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:What part of "this team is better than the Chargers game" confused you here? Is that the only game this team has played? Pretty sure they played one a week earlier where they actually played pretty well despite the crappy officiating.

That's why I said 50/50 because I can't tell which Jags team will show up..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:You can go on and on about the GB game, but honestly, GB looked bad against the Vikings. They might suck this year!
Naturally you have to dismiss the Green Bay game in order to prop up your position.  This team won't go winless this year.  Hate to break it to you. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You mean the game we lost because of a bubble screen? Are we counting losses as a good thing now?
You're the one with Garrard as your avatar, so mediocrity should be something you like to curl up to.

Quote:One has a job in the NFL, and the other got bounced out once the real Jerrard showed up.

Won't have an NFL job for long. Maybe he can work as a stunt double for Bryan Cranston.

Quote:That's why I said 50/50 because I can't tell which Jags team will show up..

There are winnable games on the schedule, and the team will play better than they did against the Chargers.  It's a 100% certainty they will win again this year, and if they had to face the Browns, that would be a game they'd be favored in.  Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Quote:You're the one with Garrard as your avatar, so mediocrity should be something you like to curl up to.

Mediocrity would be a vast improvement to be honest.

Quote:What part of "this team is better than the Chargers game" confused you here?  Is that the only game this team has played?  Pretty sure they played one a week earlier where they actually played pretty well despite the crappy officiating. 
We were able to game plan all off season for GB. We had one week for the Chargers and just stunk it up. Honestly FBT, we did the same thing last year and the years prior. We always get blown out by crappy teams. Redskins game, remember? I'm pretty sure they put 40 on us, this is no different.

I know it was only preseason but the one against the Bengals when starters played until halftime we got embarrassed just like in the Chargers game.

Quote:Won't have an NFL job for long. Maybe he can work as a stunt double for Bryan Cranston.
He won't have this job for much longer at the current rate, but he will be in the league in some capacity moving forward.  The same can't be said for the hat rack in your avatar.

Quote:We were able to game plan all off season for GB. We had one week for the Chargers and just stunk it up. Honestly FBT, we did the same thing last year and the years prior. We always get blown out by crappy teams. Redskins game, remember? I'm pretty sure they put 40 on us, this is no different.
Did we lose every game last year? 

Nobody is happy with losing, but let's come back to reality here.  This is a young roster that's got plenty of talent.  They can certainly put together wins this year with the current schedule in spite of the coaching. 

Quote:Naturally you have to dismiss the Green Bay game in order to prop up your position.  This team won't go winless this year.  Hate to break it to you. 
Not saying they'll go winless, but they definitely aren't making the play-offs like everyone else expected. The expectations were high this year, and all the hype/energy died on Sunday. I know you feel the same way we do. There's no way you're actually fine with that performance.

Quote:He won't have this job for much longer at the current rate, but he will be in the league in some capacity moving forward. The same can't be said for the hat rack in your avatar.

Garrard has done way more for this franchise than dopey Gus Bradley. I hope the tacks hire him as DC after Khan [BLEEP] cans him so we can have 2 free wins every year.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 06:54 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Garrard has done way more for this franchise than dopey Gus Bradley. I hope the tacks hire him as DC after Khan [BAD WORD REMOVED] cans him so we can have 2 free wins every year.
Garrard got us in FG range to beat the Steelers in the PLAYOFFS. PLAYOFFS. READ THAT AGAIN. GARRARD LED US TO VICTORY IN THE PLAYOFFS. 

Dopey Gus could never get us at 8-8. FBT hates winning. It's official.

But But But, he has good post game speeches.

Quote:I know it was only preseason but the one against the Bengals when starters played until halftime we got embarrassed just like in the Chargers game.
In a preseason game where there was almost no game planning?  Yeah, that's the measuring stick. 

Quote:Not saying they'll go winless, but they definitely aren't making the play-offs like everyone else expected. The expectations were high this year, and all the hype/energy died on Sunday. I know you feel the same way we do. There's no way you're actually fine with that performance.

Where have I said I'm fine with what we saw in SD?  Nowhere.  But, I have enough common sense to know that's not the best we can expect from this team, and to say otherwise is simply nonsense, just like the entire premise of this thread is ridiculous.  There are 14 games left this season, and we play in a pathetically weak division.  Sorry, but if this team can get back on their feet, we have no idea what can happen.  Do I think we make the playoffs?  Probably not, but again, if you look at the division and how things fall into place, anything is possible.

Quote:Garrard has done way more for this franchise than dopey Gus Bradley. I hope the tacks hire him as DC after Khan [BAD WORD REMOVED] cans him so we can have 2 free wins every year.

Other than rob the team of a signing bonus when he was named the starter, the impact Jerrard has had on this franchise is negligible at best.

Quote:But But But, he has good post game speeches.
No he doesn't. I would puke if he was my coach.

Jerrad, Corey Coleman would come out in a drag route every play and rack up 300 yards and 5 tds. Bobblehead will be in love with the effort. Bob bob bob bobblehead GUS. 

Quote:Garrard got us in FG range to beat the Steelers in the PLAYOFFS. PLAYOFFS. READ THAT AGAIN. GARRARD LED US TO VICTORY IN THE PLAYOFFS. 

Dopey Gus could never get us at 8-8. FBT hates winning. It's official.
The myth that is the legend of Garrard is comical. In a game where Garrard pretty much stunk the joint up until that one drive, he was given a contract that paid him handsomely.  Once he inked that deal, he disappeared completely and reverted to what he always was, a mediocre backup QB.