Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley quote on playing Myles more- "Poz is playing at a extremely high level."

Quote:Did they ask Gus about this play? <a class="bbc_url" href='https://vine.co/v/5n1H2miZq53'>https://vine.co/v/5n1H2miZq53</a>

I literally blew up after this play.

Right now it's hard to deal with, but just think about looking back on it in twenty years when it's in every blooper reel as The Fail Mary.

On second thought I don't think that will help.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Poz isn't bad.. He is guarding WR's. That is on the coaching staff for being idiots.

He isn't good either. What happening to him being a run stuffing LB? He can't even do that it seems.

Quote:He isn't good either. What happening to him being a run stuffing LB? He can't even do that it seems.

The big problem is that apparently he's the only guy on the defense that understands the alignments and if he's not in there even the pathetic level of play currently going on can't be sustained.

Quote:Imagine If Gus and Gene Smith were a pair. We'd lose by 60 every game. This franchise holds the title of having the worst gm and head coach of all time.
LOL, that is so true! 

Quote:The big problem is that apparently he's the only guy on the defense that understands the alignments and if he's not in there even the pathetic level of play currently going on can't be sustained.

Either the coaching is really bad, or the Jags have a bunch of intellectually incompetent players, which is it?

The question wasn't even whether Poz is good. He can be Ray Lewis in his prime. Myles Jack should still see some run in sub packages regardless of what you have in front of him. The fact that Gus believes that its impossible to take Poz off the field for a few plays, regardless of the situation, is a joke. The guy can play 4 positions in all likelyhood.

Quote:Poz isn't bad.. He is guarding WR's. That is on the coaching staff for being idiots.

At the very least Jack could be not that bad as well and be able to cover someone, which is an upgrade.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Either the coaching is really bad, or the Jags have a bunch of intellectually incompetent players, which is it?

My money is on bad coaching.

The sad thing is I think Gus will genuinely be surprised when he gets canned as he actually believes he's doing a terrific job. Joker.

Quote:My money is on bad coaching.

If we are talking about Gus' coaching, I think we need to drop the pretense that he is even possible of being a good coach. You cannot be 12-38 and also be a good coach in any aspect. Gus is a bad coach. A terrible coach. Literally the worst coach in the past 85 years. Nothing he does at this point should be considered good. It would take a literal miracle to turn him around. Even in Seattle, it has become apparent that it wasn't Gus' defense, it was Pete Carroll's.  I honestly can't see how we can accurately or fairly judge the players ability because of how bad Gus is. Gus is detrimental to the health and growth of this team and its talent.

Poz is a bad modern day linebacker because he can't play in space, he'd be an all pro if this was 1980. Good offensive coordinators are going to "find" him on the field and attack him accordingly, its up to Gus and our defensive coaches to "adjust", they seem allergic to the idea of adjusting. 

I don't think Gus believes he's doing a good job any more.  Dude hasn't smiled in a while and has tried to be serious for some time now.  I think he understands he must perform now but he just doesn't have what it takes.  His demeanor is very different nowadays.

Jack should be playing on 3rd downs, period. He should be playing outside LB (OTTO, LOTTO, MOTO G, BOPO, who the hell cares) opposite of Telvin on 1st and 2nd. This scheme that they are trying to run is done. It's time to change our scheme. Might even work with a 3-4 scheme:

Skuta             Jack             Poz               Smith

Fowler           Miller             Jackson

I'm even good with putting Jack at SS on pass downs if they want to keep Poz in....

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I don't think Gus believes he's doing a good job any more.  Dude hasn't smiled in a while and has tried to be serious for some time now.  I think he understands he must perform now but he just doesn't have what it takes.  His demeanor is very different nowadays.

Only a delusional person would believe they're doing a good job

Quote:Jack should be playing on 3rd downs, period. He should be playing outside LB (OTTO, LOTTO, MOTO G, BOPO, who the hell cares) opposite of Telvin on 1st and 2nd. This scheme that they are trying to run is done. It's time to change our scheme. Might even work with a 3-4 scheme:

Skuta Jack Poz Smith

Fowler Miller Jackson

I'm even good with putting Jack at SS on pass downs if they want to keep Poz in....

GO JAGS!!

In a 3-4, more likely:

Gibson Smith/Cyprien

Fowler Jack Poz Skuta

Odrick Miller Jackson

So dumb. Put the elite athletes on the field. Jack should be all over the field. Honestly cannot do worse then what we saw yesterday.

Quote:The big problem is that apparently he's the only guy on the defense that understands the alignments and if he's not in there even the pathetic level of play currently going on can't be sustained.
You mean the alignment that had him lined up against a WR?

Quote:The question wasn't even whether Poz is good. He can be Ray Lewis in his prime. Myles Jack should still see some run in sub packages regardless of what you have in front of him. The fact that Gus believes that its impossible to take Poz off the field for a few plays, regardless of the situation, is a joke. The guy can play 4 positions in all likelyhood.

Yup nobody said take Poz off the field, but put Jack on the field at OLB, ILB or SS 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:You mean the alignment that had him lined up against a WR?

Yep, apparently, in this scheme anyway, that was a positive outcome. Imagine how bad it could have been if the guys on defense didn't know their alignment.

Man it's hard to keep a straight face saying something like that.

Maybe they should be out of alignment. The might finally stop some damn body...