Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We are Overracting Early Into the Season

Pull any stats you want..   there isn't a month where we put it together under Gus.  You would like to see a trend that said they built towards something at the end of a season or something.  There is nothing in the statistics, the offensive numbers, defensive numbers or anything to point at ascent.  The better offensive ranking didn't show up in the win column or build any kinda of momentum.

Gus so far has 1 September win in 4 years.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Perhaps handing out "participation trophies" will settle down some of the "fans" of the team.  Yes it was a tough and embarrassing loss, but rather than sit here and whine and cry about it, move on.  It's only week 2.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Well, for a long time the "light " at the end of the tunnel has just been another train.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

In 2013 I sat through eight straight losses to start the season. 6 of them were blowouts. 

I didn't overreact. 

In 2014 the team won one game in the first ten.  They beat the browns. They suffered blowout losses repeatedly. Again.

I didn't overreact.

In 2015 the Jaguars gave us tiny glimmers of hope offensively but were thrashed horribly in the final game of the season and still only managed 5 wins. 

I didn't overreact. 

Yesterday, the Jaguars, replete with new talent on defense and loaded for bear on offense went to San Diego and proceeded to squat and lay an ugly mustard and teal colored egg at midfield. 

Today - I am not overreacting.  

I'm just reacting.  There has not been enough improvement to warrant staying the course with this staff. 

Yea...no!

Quote:In 2013 I sat through eight straight losses to start the season. 6 of them were blowouts.

I didn't overreact.

In 2014 the team won one game in the first ten. They beat the browns. They suffered blowout losses repeatedly. Again.

I didn't overreact.

In 2015 the Jaguars gave us tiny glimmers of hope offensively but were thrashed horribly in the final game of the season and still only managed 5 wins.

I didn't overreact.

Yesterday, the Jaguars, replete with new talent on defense and loaded for bear on offense went to San Diego and proceeded to squat and lay an ugly mustard and teal colored egg at midfield.

I'm just reacting. There has not been enough improvement to warrant staying the course with this staff.
Best post of the day.

Quote:In 2013 I sat through eight straight losses to start the season. 6 of them were blowouts. 

I didn't overreact. 

In 2014 the team won one game in the first ten.  They beat the browns. They suffered blowout losses repeatedly. Again.

I didn't overreact.

I didn't overreact. 

I'm just reacting.  There has not been enough improvement to warrant staying the course with this staff. 
Nailed it. The team has talented (so I believe) new pieces and they look EXACTLY the same as when we sat there watching in 2013, sweating away in the stands listening to fans of other teams cheer as we got rolled

Quote: 

Why, OH WHY can we never been able to find a decent head coach after Coughlin?

Jack Del Rio was plenty decent, thank you.

Multiple playoffs

Solid Ds

In spite of average personnel (overall), and middling air attack

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 04:00 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I just want to thank the mods for creating a permanent draft section on the board. Don't know is that was predictive programming or just a good move but I thank you. That's where I'll spend the majority of my season...

Le sigh

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 04:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17585...e-2016-nfl

We still have a chance.

If Lyle Lovett was able to land Julia Roberts, I sincerely believe there is a chance for the Jags to make the playoffs.

[Image: Julia-Roberts-and-Lyle-Lovett.jpg]

OP, I am so sorry.

Nothing good will come of this post.

People don't want to hear it.

Trust me.

I just tried the same thing and it was spot down faster than a Japanese biplane flying over Pearl Harbour in the late afternoon on December 7, 1941.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:OP, I am so sorry.

Nothing good will come of this post.

People don't want to hear it.

Trust me.

I just tried the same thing and it was spot down faster than a Japanese biplane flying over Pearl Harbour in the late afternoon on December 7, 1941.

The OP is being sarcastic. You are the only dope in existence that is defending this loser coach, his trash defense and his 12-38 record.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Not to mention Molter, your post was longer than The Stand by Stephen King.

I didn't overreact. 

I didn't overreact.

I didn't overreact. 

So much this.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Lol the Colts will score 45 on this defense. Flacco probably 28

It's really not the scheme or all that stuff. It's just the philosophy that we have. We want to be a ball control/base defense type of team and that's just not what we are.

I don't know how you could overreact to that dumpster fire we witnessed yesterday.

Everything with Gus and the roster seems like he's trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I don't get it.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 05:41 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:Jack Del Rio was plenty decent, thank you.

Multiple playoffs

Solid Ds

In spite of average personnel (overall), and middling air attack

Now that I think on it.....maybe Jack was a victim of the gms we had and a non involved owner that was trying to sell the team.

It might have been a good thing for him to have matured as a hC here with the 'Stache as an owner.

@NYC4Jags - Great post.....I was at those games too for the most part.... and decided to sit out this year.

Mostly finances but whew.....I dodged a bullet paying over $200 a game for tickets, parking and beers just to see garbage time scores.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I see some are still drinking the teal koolaid.

Quote:The OP is being sarcastic. You are the only dope in existence that is defending this loser coach, his trash defense and his 12-38 record.
I bet you're a real tough guy in person.

Someone who is not afraid to lay someone out if they disagree with you.

I bet that this is also how you talk to people in person as well.

I'm sure you would NEVER be more aggressive on the internet simply because you're behind a keyboard and there's no that of physical harm as a result of what you say...
We are Jaguars.