Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking back on last night

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 11:16 AM by Brett.)

Quote:I would have asked for my money back.

It gets worse. My fiance and I have been dating 4 years. She bought these tickets as an anniversary gift to us but she is in medical school so she is already short on money. Plus we traveled 1.5 hours to come down to San Diego to watch the "game".

My fiance isn't big into football or the Jaguars but she was extremely upset on the drive back home because she felt she wasted her money. She was livid, lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why was it that everytime the chargers ran a crossing route there was nobody in coverage or a mile within the reciever?

Quote:Why was it that everytime the chargers ran a crossing route there was nobody in coverage or a mile within the reciever?
That's supposed to happen

Quote:Why was it that everytime the chargers ran a crossing route there was nobody in coverage or a mile within the reciever?

We don't adjust.  We don't flip the personnel assignments.  We don't do what we need to do.  I mean hooray they put in Myles Jack when they Chargers went to the 4 minute offense.  Jack made some tackles because he had fast reads and reacted.  He is fast.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I think us and maybe Miami are the two teams who love throwing behind the line of scrimmage. Funny thing is we both suck. Throwing behind the line of scrimmage as constantly as we do doesn't surprise anyone like it is supposed to because we do it every other play.. I'd love to see if there was a stat like this recorded somewhere. We would easily be on top of that list or maybe top 2. It's absolutely ridiculous. Greg Olsen is absolute garbage and needs to GTFO of this [BLEEP] team i'm tired of him being so [BLEEP] predictable and being so [BLEEP] stupid. What a [BLEEP] moron.

Honestly, we need this whole entire coaching staff out. I will admit I was not for this at first like many people were after the Cin pre-season game but I am FULLY on board now. Straight garbage play calling. Our players are not the problem its the coaching. Puz is solid he just looked like he was trash because of who he was guarding that that is 100% because of coaching. He's covering a [BLEEP] WR? Really? Is it possible they all get fired today? Because that is what I am praying for.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:Can you guys break down the shallow cross plays? I'd like to see what our defense scheme was against those plays.

Shallow cross coming later. Here's a deeper one from the GB game. 

Watch the near sideline. That's amukamara on Cobb.  (notice Gipson looking at Cyprien in confusion pre-snap) 

Ramsey is blitzing, so they are man short and Cyp/Gip need to work out their assignments.  However when Cobb crosses the hash, #21 let's him go and there's no one to cover him because Cyp/Gip cover the SAME guy instead. Just one example of the amount of fail going on with this scheme. 

Randall Cobb. All by himself allowed to make a bobbling catch with no one near enough to contest it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Shallow cross coming later. Here's a deeper one from the GB game. 

Watch the near sideline. That's amukamara on Cobb.  (notice Gipson looking at Cyprien in confusion pre-snap) 

Ramsey is blitzing, so they are man short and Cyp/Gip need to work out their assignments.  However when Cobb crosses the hash, #21 let's him go and there's no one to cover him because Cyp/Gip cover the SAME guy instead. Just one example of the amount of fail going on with this scheme. 

Randall Cobb. All by himself allowed to make a bobbling catch with no one near enough to contest it. 

Our team is discustingly disorganized which is 100% due to the fact that our coaching staff sucks.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:02 PM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:Shallow cross coming later. Here's a deeper one from the GB game. 

This isn't a scheme problem...it's a personnel (or coaching problem). From what I can see, you have the two LBs playing underneath zone. The rest play man with Cyp supposed to be the deep safety in a cover1 look. Cyp abandons his zone to chase after the receiver and leaves the middle wide-open.

If Cyp stays, its covered.

EDIT: actually watching it again, this isn't accurate either since Prince lets his receiver go (and is therefore not in true man). 

Quote:This isn't a scheme problem...it's a personnel (or coaching problem). From what I can see, you have the two LBs playing underneath zone. The rest play man with Cyp supposed to be the deep safety in a cover1 look. Cyp abandons his zone to chase after the receiver and leaves the middle wide-open.

If Cyp stays, its covered.
More execution than scheme, yes, but the scheme leaves plenty of weakness to be picked upon.  And yes, hard to think that's not on Cyp. 

Here's another one.  The wideout at top of the screen just waits for the TE to clear the way and then comes across giving House no lane to pursue. 

Ideally, there's a nickel there (Gratz in this case) but they caught the Jags thinking run and instead it's Dan Skuta trying to pick up the receiver. 

Easy touchdown and the TE was wide open too. 

They make it look pretty easy to get this defense out of position and mismatched with the pesudo-pick plays. 

Quote:More execution than scheme, yes, but the scheme leaves plenty of weakness to be picked upon.  And yes, hard to think that's not on Cyp. 

Here's another one.  The wideout at top of the screen just waits for the TE to clear the way and then comes across giving House no lane to pursue. 

Ideally, there's a nickel there (Gratz in this case) but they caught the Jags thinking run and instead it's Dan Skuta trying to pick up the receiver. 

Easy touchdown and the TE was wide open too. 

They make it look pretty easy to get this defense out of position and mismatched with the pesudo-pick plays. 

Do you have an overhead shot of this? I'm looking at the right side and it appears Telvin is going to pick up the RB from the flat. There's a FB/TE coming out, which you would think would be Poz's responsibility, but he lets him go (to Skuta?). Based on this brief shot, it seems Poz isn't defending anyone.

I mean, we can question scheme all we want. But these look like blown coverages to me.

Here's the Poz mismatch on Benjamin. 

There are three receivers on the near side.  (common problem alert coming up)  A blitzing DB at the top - another DB for the TE there also. 

That leaves Poz directly over the slot receiver. Rivers sees it immediately, calls for protection on the blitzing DB and just waits for Benjamin to come open. 

[Image: 2dvkgab.jpg]

Quote:Do you have an overhead shot of this? I'm looking at the right side and it appears Telvin is going to pick up the RB from the flat. There's a FB/TE coming out, which you would think would be Poz's responsibility, but he lets him go (to Skuta?). Based on this brief shot, it seems Poz isn't defending anyone.

I mean, we can question scheme all we want. But these look like blown coverages to me.
Poz appears to shade to the RB (Telvins already there) and he should have stayed with the TE. 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:29 PM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:Poz appears to shade to the RB (Telvins already there) and he should have stayed with the TE. 
This is the impression I get too. 

EDIT: By the way, Chargers had 5 receivers in this line-up. We had 7 guys to cover 5. And we completely blew the coverage.

The shallow cross play at the goalline is statistically the best route to score TDs. 

Quote: 

[Image: 7vdkqyV.png]

Quote: 

Easy to see the #1 thing holding Blake back, compare these two images. Defenders are getting an extra two tenths of a second read on Blake's passes because of that motion, and it's especially evident when it comes to diagnosing a screen pass. They should be completely removed from the playbook. 

Rivers' motion is so compact you don't even get to see the whole football in the GIF because it stays so close to his ear. 

Quote:Easy to see the #1 thing holding Blake back, compare these two images. Defenders are getting an extra two tenths of a second read on Blake's passes because of that motion, and it's especially evident when it comes to diagnosing a screen pass. They should be completely removed from the playbook. 

Rivers' motion is so compact you don't even get to see the whole football in the GIF because it stays so close to his ear. 

Yes. Blake's wind-up has become a problem. 

Again. 

^ Collinsworth did a nice job of illustrating that with Blake's motion during the preseason vs Cincy.

I had never noticed it before, so I'm not sure if it's always been there or not.

It's always been there, even back in college. I mentioned it here during preseason week two, after plays that were successful. It's just being given more attention now that it is happening while we are failing. 

Quote:I think literally the only two disappointments so far are Fowler, and (nitpicking in general) Bortles' mechanics being loopier than ever. On the 17 yarder to Arob and the TD to Hurn he dropped the ball so low...

Quote:It's always been there, even back in college. I mentioned it here during preseason week two, after plays that were successful. It's just being given more attention now that it is happening while we are failing. 

He had it cleaned up last year for a while and then got lazy about it again.  It needs to be addressed. 

More effort in this post than the team effort combined.