Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson benched?

What exactly does he do for us? Melvin Gordon carved us up on the very first drive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe. But we're paying Malik five million more and he ain't doing a damn thing.
Give us Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson. I'm sure Fowler or Malik would make some noise with those guys on the line.

Quote:What exactly does he do for us? Melvin Gordon carved us up on the very first drive.
He bull rushes the passer and stops inside runs. Problem was Gordon had a lot of outside runs and made everyone miss. Terrible tackling today, even Telvin missed some.

Quote:Maybe. But we're paying Malik five million more and he ain't doing a damn thing.

We are putting  a lot on one player.  I think he has some blame, but he is a DT.  We have players that don't know where they are supposed to be or have coaches mismatching them against players they should never cover.  All those things add up.  And they can make a player look better or worse for it.

Malik was solid. He might have free lanced and Gus got mad lol. "You run the trash I told you to run."

Quote:Give us Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson. I'm sure Fowler or Malik would make some noise with those guys on the line.

With the money Khan is paying Malik, he should be dominating instead of costing us games with stupid penalties and getting benched for poor play.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:With the money Khan is paying Malik, he should be dominating instead of costing us games with stupid penalties and getting benched for poor play.
I agree, he should be playing like he did in Denver. No excuse to suck.

I don't know what happened with Malik, but I just want some semblance of what we were expecting out of a $90 million dollar man.

90 million wasted

So just blind assumptions on this so far, or does anyone actually have any real info on Jackson not playing in the second half?

BTW  - if it comes out that he got in Wash's face and told him this keystone cops scheme is not working so they benched him ---  I'd be fine with that. 

Quote:90 million wasted

Well he already has a Super Bowl ring so no matter what he can retire a champion. He just came here to set his family up for generations. Starting to look like another player taking a high paid Florida vacation.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Listening to the post game show and they mentioned he didn't start the 2nd half
I mean, this is the coaching staff that benched Davon House in favor of Dwayne Gratz because House didn't wear a big enough smile to the ice cream social.

I almost have to beleive he was benched for a non-performance reason, perhaps as mentioned, telling Walsh he sucks.

Malik was in the backfield creating pressure multiple times.

It's really stsrting to look like coaches losing the team...
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

An interior guy like Jackson was never likely to perform up to expectations without the rest of Denver's front 7.

Malik has not been the problem.  He's not going to get us 10-12 sacks.  He's a disruptor and he's done that several times already this year.

Quote:Malik has not been the problem.  He's not going to get us 10-12 sacks.  He's a disruptor and he's done that several times already this year.

Ha hasn't been the problem. Not at all. I just want to know why he was benched. 

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 09:31 PM by Etdavis2006.)

At this point I don't trust any decision by this coaching staff. The screens plays and Jack on the bench has done it for me. The coaching staff is incompetent...

I know he hasn't made that much of an impact, but I see him get held A LOT. It's never called.

Quote:Ha hasn't been the problem. Not at all. I just want to know why he was benched. 

I'm hoping it's because he went all Jared Odrick on Wash/Gus and told them what he thought about the garbage defense.

Quote:I know he hasn't made that much of an impact, but I see him get held A LOT. It's never called.
Pretty sure literally nothing has been called in our favor these first 2 games. The officiating bias that has went on against us in these first 2 games, has been borderline criminal.