Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden's Energy Secretary Laughs When Asked if There Is a Plan to Bring Gas Prices Dow

(11-07-2021, 03:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 03:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So we should all live by your non-masculine standards not to pay exorbitant fuel prices?

Live by whatever standard you want, just don't complain when you pick one that leaves you paying more than you can afford for fuel.
Also, Tesla's are pretty f'in masculine, if you ask me.  They can beat most production cars in a straight line race, for what that's worth.

The masculine teslas you describe cost over 100k. The rest are for beta sheep.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-07-2021, 03:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 03:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Live by whatever standard you want, just don't complain when you pick one that leaves you paying more than you can afford for fuel.
Also, Tesla's are pretty f'in masculine, if you ask me.  They can beat most production cars in a straight line race, for what that's worth.

The masculine teslas you describe cost over 100k. The rest are for beta sheep.

Weird flex but OK.  Every Audi this year is a hybrid.  Guess all those are just beta vehicles.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 05:14 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-07-2021, 04:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 03:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The masculine teslas you describe cost over 100k. The rest are for beta sheep.

Weird flex but OK.  Every Audi this year is a hybrid.  Guess all those are just beta vehicles.

What do those cost?

Remember, the original argument here is people who can't afford raising fuel costs. Assuming this group isnt the target of Audi?

(11-07-2021, 04:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 03:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The masculine teslas you describe cost over 100k. The rest are for beta sheep.

You live in a fantasy world.

I guarantee you lots of people in the United States, if they heard your opinions, would wish the absolute worst upon you.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 05:27 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-07-2021, 05:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 04:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: Weird flex but OK.  Every Audi this year is a hybrid.  Guess all those are just beta vehicles.

I guarantee you lots of people in the United States, if they heard your opinions, would wish the absolute worst upon you.

Having issues affording rising fuel prices? Trade up to an Audi hybrid to ease the pain.

Beta model starting at 44k.

https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/models...a_EALw_wcB

(11-07-2021, 05:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You live in a fantasy world.

Having issues affording rising fuel prices? Trade up to an Audi hybrid to ease the pain.

Then pay how much in electricity for it? Then when blackouts and rationing starts you can pick to charge the car or a/c, fridge, over, etc.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

A few months around $5/gallon out here. 

Definitely low key car shopping.

(11-07-2021, 05:33 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Having issues affording rising fuel prices? Trade up to an Audi hybrid to ease the pain.

Then pay how much in electricity for it? Then when blackouts and rationing starts you can pick to charge the car or a/c, fridge, over, etc.

Bingo. It's similar to the "streaming is going to put cable companies out of business" theory, as the ISP's of these media companies start capping data and charge for overages.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 06:01 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-07-2021, 05:36 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A few months around $5/gallon out here. 

fueleconomy.gov

Makes it easy to find the highest fuel economy in each category.

(11-07-2021, 05:33 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Having issues affording rising fuel prices? Trade up to an Audi hybrid to ease the pain.

Every Audi has at least a small electric boost motor and regenerative brakes. They don't choose to market them all as hybrids, but they are all hybrids. Most of the Audis aren't plug in, so zero electric cost.

(11-07-2021, 05:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 04:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: Weird flex but OK.  Every Audi this year is a hybrid.  Guess all those are just beta vehicles.

Same to you.  We live in a very divided country. It's a shame.

(11-07-2021, 05:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:36 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A few months around $5/gallon out here. 

fueleconomy.gov

(11-07-2021, 05:33 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Then pay how much in electricity for it? Then when blackouts and rationing starts you can pick to charge the car or a/c, fridge, over, etc.

Every Audi has at least a small electric boost motor and regenerative brakes.  They don't choose to market them all as hybrids, but they are all hybrids. Most of the Audis aren't plug in, so zero electric cost.

You are describing the capabilities of a $50,000 automobile. I find it hard to believe you are as ignorant as you pretend to be.

(11-07-2021, 06:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: fueleconomy.gov

Every Audi has at least a small electric boost motor and regenerative brakes.  They don't choose to market them all as hybrids, but they are all hybrids. Most of the Audis aren't plug in, so zero electric cost.

You are describing the capabilities of a $50,000 automobile. I find it hard to believe you are as ignorant as you pretend to be.

It was always difficult for you.  I've stopped pretending.

He's not ignorant. He likes playing people and you all are feeding the troll by continuing to debate him. Just put him on ignore or actually ignore him. It's a much better message board experience.

(11-07-2021, 07:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 06:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are describing the capabilities of a $50,000 automobile. I find it hard to believe you are as ignorant as you pretend to be.

It was always difficult for you.  I've stopped pretending.

No one ever thought you were pretending, we know you're an idiot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2021, 10:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: He's not ignorant. He likes playing people and you all are feeding the troll by continuing to debate him. Just put him on ignore or actually ignore him. It's a much better message board experience.

I'm not playing anyone. Just trying to keep the conversation from being one sided when I can.

Do you honesty think that the people that can afford a 50K car are the ones that are going to be hit the hardest Mike? No, the ones that are going to be hit the hardest re the lower middle class and the ones struggling to live pay check to pay check. You're a damn fool if you think otherwise.....
Other than the cost of housing, energy cost are the one of the biggest things people face. DO you think those grocery shelves magically stock themselves? Or the items at your local department store are delivered by the clothes fairy? No, they need to be trucked in, and when the cost of fuel goes up, the cost of delivering those goods go up. And when they go up, the cost must be passed on to the consumer, that's you, me and everybody else in this country. So, I hope you like this inflation brought on by the incompetence of the Biden administration. We'll all suffer from this disaster that the liberal snowflakes brought on us by voting this idiot in, all 81 million of them (if there were really that many, I don't know how many dead people voted). People deserve better than what is happening right now, and if we continue down this road we are currently on, there will be a great depression the likes of which that was never seen before. When you're living on the streets Mike, maybe, just maybe you'll see the error of your ways. I hate to see that happen to you but it just might take something like that to happen to you for you to finally see the truth about the way things work. This is not some utopia where everything is all peaches and cream, this is the real world, and maybe, just maybe, if you take your head out of your [BLEEP] long enough, you'll see the truth.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-08-2021, 01:46 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Do you honesty think that the people that can afford a 50K car are the ones that are going to be hit the hardest Mike? No, the ones that are going to be hit the hardest re the lower middle class and the ones struggling to live pay check to pay check. You're a damn fool if you think otherwise.....
Other than the cost of housing, energy cost are the one of the biggest things people face. DO you think those grocery shelves magically stock themselves? Or the items at your local department store are delivered by the clothes fairy? No, they need to be trucked in, and when the cost of fuel goes up, the cost of delivering those goods go up. And when they go up, the cost must be passed on to the consumer, that's you, me and everybody else in this country. So, I hope you like this inflation brought on by the incompetence of the Biden administration. We'll all suffer from this disaster that the liberal snowflakes brought on us by voting this idiot in, all 81 million of them (if there were really that many, I don't know how many dead people voted). People deserve better than what is happening right now, and if we continue down this road we are currently on, there will be a great depression the likes of which that was never seen before. When you're living on the streets Mike, maybe, just maybe you'll see the error of your ways. I hate to see that happen to you but it just might take something like that to happen to you for you to finally see the truth about the way things work. This is not some utopia where everything is all peaches and cream, this is the real world, and maybe, just maybe, if you take your head out of your [BLEEP] long enough, you'll see the truth.

It was the Fed and all the stimulus checks that brought inflation. Neither of those are exclusively a Biden thing. I would argue the Fed did more with 0% interest and propoing up the stock market. That combined with our crummy 'just in time' supply line and oil traders doing thier usual shenanigans trying to increase demand is part too. Yes I think Biden contributed with his anti-fossil fuel admin, but I think its fair to acknowledge that prices were gonna increase whether he was elected or not.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-07-2021, 11:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 10:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: He's not ignorant. He likes playing people and you all are feeding the troll by continuing to debate him. Just put him on ignore or actually ignore him. It's a much better message board experience.

I'm not playing anyone. Just trying to keep the conversation from being one sided when I can.

So you are playing a role to keep the conversation 2 sided? Did you just eloquently admit to being a troll?

Only you could do that.

Not to mention the cost of installing a charging station in your home.

https://homeguide.com/costs/electric-car...tions-cost

(11-08-2021, 09:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not to mention the cost of installing a charging station in your home.

https://homeguide.com/costs/electric-car...tions-cost

I can't imagine that makes insurance premiums go down either.