Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Quinn won’t interview for Jaguars job

So what you're saying is.... He basically declined it lol.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...0160139268

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-29-2021, 08:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 03:04 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm...why don't you tell the whole story...this is a nothing burger...nice try though... nothing to see here
He turned the Jags down without turning then down. It was a polite way of saying no thanks. They won't wait for him and he probably knew he wasn't getting the job anyways.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-29-2021, 08:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 03:04 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm...why don't you tell the whole story...this is a nothing burger...nice try though... nothing to see here

Oh wow you are alive, I was wondering after your hero Meyer got fired Laughing

Are you gonna defend Baalke now?  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 09:01 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lloyd Christmas declines interview with Jaguars as well
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJieGtUYrTFuAtehlK__F...A&usqp=CAU]

Furthermore, everyone in the “Florida man” thread also declined interviews. 

Not looking good folks.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 09:04 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Maybe we can find a nice up an coming data entry person from Republic services or Waste Management.  I’m sure she’ll do better. I mean, garbage in, garbage out.  I’m sure she’d be a fine candidate.

Dan Quinn is garbage can material anyway.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 09:32 PM by Jags.)

(12-29-2021, 09:20 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Dan Quinn is garbage can material anyway.

Are we not the can?
Or shall I say Khan?

(12-29-2021, 09:31 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 09:20 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Dan Quinn is garbage can material anyway.

Are we not the can?
Or shall I say Khan?

Solid point. Tho regardless I'd like to stay away from Bald former Seattle Defensive Coordinators.

It’s the great resignation, nothing to see here…oh wait, Shad Khans turn
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-29-2021, 08:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So what you're saying is.... He basically declined it lol.

This makes perfect sense. Why would a coach want the distraction of thinking about what he is going to do next year when he is currently coaching a team that is a legitimate Superbowl contender this year.

The more he wins this year, the more bargaining chips he will have to negotiate with for a HC position next year.

His value could be millions of dollars more in the off season if his current team keeps having success.

It's not a snub, It's perfectly logical thing to do right now.

(12-29-2021, 10:03 PM)Predator Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So what you're saying is.... He basically declined it lol.

This makes perfect sense. Why would a coach want the distraction of thinking about what he is going to do next year when he is currently coaching a team that is a legitimate Superbowl contender this year.

The more he wins this year, the more bargaining chips he will have to negotiate with for a HC position next year.

His value could be millions of dollars more in the off season if his current team keeps having success.

It's not a snub, It's perfectly logical thing to do right now.

If taking a zoom call meeting for a couple hours is going to be that big of a distraction then he has no business interviewing for another HC job ever. It's not like he has to leave mid week, fly into Jacksonville, spend the entire day in meetings, sleep over, fly back home etc. It's a zoom call lol.

It's also a nice way for him to decline the interview. He likely doesn't want it (who could blame him with Baalke here) and he knows the job wont be open in 2-3 weeks. If it is open still, that's big problems for us because it means we're likely stuck with Baalke and some random joe schmoe. He also likely knows that other jobs will be opening up between now and then that he might be more interested.

Regardless, I don't want him as the HC anyways so this is some good news for us.

(12-29-2021, 03:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 03:05 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Oh man...he's going to miss out on swimming pools and dog parks for sure.

lol, nice sig

Lol, thank you.  I saw this gif and was like... this was created for the Jags!

Quite frankly, we deserve better.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(12-29-2021, 10:42 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Quite frankly, we deserve better.

Do we though?

(12-29-2021, 07:49 PM)icey14 Wrote: He didn't decline the interview, just declined to interview before the season ends.

That was my understanding as well.  He is still possibly interested - unless he reads this thread.   Tongue
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 12:17 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I really want an offense play caller as a head coach. Then he can hire a good d coordinator. The jags just need someone who will NOT put up with crap offense. Besides having a good running game at times, This team hasn't had a good offense since the 90s from my research. Its incredibly shizTastic

(12-29-2021, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Hmmmmmm...why don't you tell the whole story...this is a nothing burger...nice try though... nothing to see here

who said urban was my hero mental midget...

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 12:36 AM by nejagsfan.)

(12-29-2021, 08:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Hmmmmmm...why don't you tell the whole story...this is a nothing burger...nice try though... nothing to see here
He turned the Jags down without turning then down. It was a polite way of saying no thanks. They won't wait for him and he probably knew he wasn't getting the job anyways.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

well that's strictly your opinion... The headline you posted was that he turned down the Jags.. and that simply not true.... He's not talking to any team until the season is over which is what has happened in the past and most coaches will probably follow suit... so you're false headline is trying to paint a narrative that's not true...

(12-29-2021, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

are you one of those cry babies that's not going to watch football anymore...whaaa whaaa...not root for the jaguars because baalke is staying....whaaa whaaa...lmao  hopefully you'll be one of those ones that jump ship.... we can only hope so....

(12-30-2021, 12:16 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I really want an offense play caller as a head coach. Then he can hire a good d coordinator. The jags just need someone who will NOT put up with crap offense. Besides having a good running game at times, This team hasn't had a good offense since the 90s from my research. Its incredibly shizTastic
Yeah. It's been archaic for years now. Nobody complains though when they're winning games. That's the problem though. They don't win enough.

That 2006 - 2007 was fun to watch because of the defense and ground game with Taylor and Jones-Drew.

Just like 2017 with that defense and ground game with Fournette, Ivory, Grant and Yeldon. They had depth there that most fans forget.

I really like Kellen Moore & Josh McDaniels for that reason though. As well as Joe Lombardi and Sean Payton.

Everything they do offensively is balanced philosophically. Keeps a defense honest and guessing.

The RB's are involved. The WR's are involved. The TE's are involved. They attack you everywhere they can and don't seem to get off rhythm much at all because they can always revert back to something to rebalance the offense.

We need that here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-30-2021, 12:28 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh wow you are alive, I was wondering after your hero Meyer got fired Laughing

who said urban was my hero mental midget...

Hahahahaha I love it.

You were defending him like he was your hero, saying no one could do a better job! keep amusing me come on!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23