Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The disconnect between Us and Them

(04-11-2022, 09:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 09:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Exactly

Am I missing a joke? Or do you need to adjust your meds too?
Should I notify the Secret Service?

The hell are you saying?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2022, 10:30 PM by mikesez.)

(04-11-2022, 09:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 09:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Am I missing a joke? Or do you need to adjust your meds too?
Should I notify the Secret Service?

The hell are you saying?

The question is the hell are you saying? 
TrivialPursuit said all politicians needed to get guillotined.  That means he wants them to have their heads cut off so they die.  And you agreed with him.
You want the President and all the other politicians executed in the bloodiest way possible.  
So
Do you need to adjust your meds
Or
Do we need to call the secret Service?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

This is why you miss stuff, Mikey.

(04-11-2022, 10:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 09:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The hell are you saying?

TrivialPursuit said all politicians needed to get guillotined.  That means he wants them to have their heads cut off so they die.  And you agreed with him.
You want the President and all the other politicians executed in the bloodiest way possible.  
So
Or

The guillotine was actually an improvement the speed and efficiency of the execution, much better for the condemned than the axe or sword. There are far more painful and bloody executions traitors like the Political Class should be subjected to instead.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-12-2022, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 10:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: The question is the hell are you saying? 
So
Or

The guillotine was actually an improvement the speed and efficiency of the execution, much better for the condemned than the axe or sword. There are far more painful and bloody executions traitors like the Political Class should be subjected to instead.

Ok.  So that's three people who need to call their psychiatrists.

(04-12-2022, 11:57 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The guillotine was actually an improvement the speed and efficiency of the execution, much better for the condemned than the axe or sword. There are far more painful and bloody executions traitors like the Political Class should be subjected to instead.

Baaahhhh goes the sheep.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-12-2022, 11:57 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The guillotine was actually an improvement the speed and efficiency of the execution, much better for the condemned than the axe or sword. There are far more painful and bloody executions traitors like the Political Class should be subjected to instead.

I agree.  Calling for the execution of politicians is just a bit over the top.  I would hope it's just hyperbole.  After all, we have these things called elections, and we do elect these people, so in reality whatever complaint we have, the fault is ours.

(04-12-2022, 01:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 11:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: Ok.  So that's three people who need to call their psychiatrists.

I agree.  Calling for the execution of politicians is just a bit over the top.  I would hope it's just hyperbole.  After all, we have these things called elections, and we do elect these people, so in reality whatever complaint we have, the fault is ours.

Yours maybe, I didn't vote for any of those criminals. And we all know the elections are corrupt, there's no longer any doubt.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2022, 07:31 PM by americus 2.0.)

(04-11-2022, 10:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 09:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The hell are you saying?

So
Or

If that is all you read of his response then that's on you. Next time I'll highlight in italics just for you so you can keep up.

(04-11-2022, 01:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 12:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can I get a clarification?  Who is "us" and who is "them?"  Which one am I?  Am I an "us," a "them," or neither?

Let me clarify.

Us is you and me... ya know, real, actual people.

Them are politicians that need to be guillotined.  All of them. All. of. them. ALL.

For those who are confused. If this doesn't clear things up for you I don't know what to say. I really didn't think my original post was that complicated.

Some people, I won’t name any names (Mike) seem to be overreacting a touch. And perhaps another guy. I won’t name him personally because Marty is kinda cool.

Yeah, it's on me for interpreting the statement, "they should all be killed" as "they should all be killed." My bad.

You're an engineer. You can't help it.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2022, 09:48 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-12-2022, 09:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah, it's on me for interpreting the statement, "they should all be killed" as "they should all be killed." My bad.

I don’t agree with you politically. but all in all, you seem cool in your own right.  But this is a bit of a JDub moment for you, if I’m being honest.  I’m not sure how any normal person would take that as a legitimate threat. also, if we’re getting JDub-ish, you didn’t quote it right.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 10:48 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

Hyperbole is what makes the world go round, bro. Get with it.

Now if I said I'll gather an army and storm the Capitol building with weapons - yep, that is a legit threat - and also not what happened on Jan 6th (just saying)

Making a reference to a revolution that happened 200 years ago? Meh.. not very threatening.

(04-13-2022, 10:15 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Hyperbole is what makes the world go round, bro. Get with it.

Now if I said I'll gather an army and storm the Capitol building with weapons - yep, that is a legit threat - and also not what happened on Jan 6th (just saying)

Making a reference to a revolution that happened 200 years ago? Meh.. not very threatening.

Saying that would just make you Special Agent in Charge.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 12:09 PM by mikesez.)

(04-12-2022, 09:46 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 09:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah, it's on me for interpreting the statement, "they should all be killed" as "they should all be killed." My bad.

I don’t agree with you politically. but all in all, you seem cool in your own right.  But this is a bit of a JDub moment for you, if I’m being honest.  I’m not sure how any normal person would take that as a legitimate threat. also, if we’re getting JDub-ish, you didn’t quote it right.

I'm not saying it's a legitimate threat, though I don't know any of you well enough to be 100% sure.  
I'm saying it's totally inappropriate and distracting.
You're changing an intellectual conversation into a conversation that's more about pugilism and machismo.
We all agree that they suck. 
It's much more productive and interesting to follow that with "here's why they suck" and "how can we improve it."
Trying to one up each other with "just vote em out" and "voting doesn't work let's kill them all" is neither productive nor interesting.

The other thing that bothers me about some of you saying "Kill all politicians" is you don't include Trump in that group. Which makes you naive, not macho. Trump is a politician and it's infantile to say otherwise.

(04-13-2022, 12:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 09:46 PM)Jags Wrote: I don’t agree with you politically. but all in all, you seem cool in your own right.  But this is a bit of a JDub moment for you, if I’m being honest.  I’m not sure how any normal person would take that as a legitimate threat. also, if we’re getting JDub-ish, you didn’t quote it right.

I'm not saying it's a legitimate threat, though I don't know any of you well enough to be 100% sure.  
I'm saying it's totally inappropriate and distracting.
You're changing an intellectual conversation into a conversation that's more about pugilism and machismo.
We all agree that they suck. 
It's much more productive and interesting to follow that with "here's why they suck" and "how can we improve it."
Trying to one up each other with "just vote em out" and "voting doesn't work let's kill them all" is neither productive nor interesting.

The other thing that bothers me about some of you saying "Kill all politicians" is you don't include Trump in that group.  Which makes you naive, not macho.  Trump is a politician and it's infantile to say otherwise.

I agree with that.  If "they all need to be guillotined" is just hyperbole, and not a serious statement, what's the point of saying it?

He can be on the docket as well.

(04-13-2022, 01:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He can be on the docket as well.

Who?

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 02:04 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Personally, I'd rather watch Biden talk about Covid with his dark sunglasses on, or even listen to Giuliani talking about election fraud in the parking lot of four seasons landscaping, than to listen to a conversation between Charlemagne and Buttigieg.