Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Election Night thread***

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 05:17 AM by rfc17.)

(11-08-2022, 11:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: GA senate race headed to a runoff again but if the House is already Republican and/or the Republicans already have 50 senators, the runoff won't matter much, and not much money will be spent trying to save Warnock's butt.
That said, Walker is not going to be a good Senator.  It's sad how billionaires and celebrities are getting seats in the Senate now.

Its not a hard job. Senators just vote along party lines when a bill is placed before them.  Not as though Warnock is an independent thinker who votes based on what he actually believes.

BTW biggest loser tonight is Trump. Would be beneficial for the Right if he goes away.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wake Republicans tonight should shake them to the core. Trump isn't your hero. Horrible turn out if what the news is reporting right now holds, predictable but horrible.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This [BLEEP] is so predictable. I'll get into the members today. Can't wait to see how our super secure mail-in ballots helped all these blue governors.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 07:41 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-08-2022, 11:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: GA senate race headed to a runoff again but if the House is already Republican and/or the Republicans already have 50 senators, the runoff won't matter much, and not much money will be spent trying to save Warnock's butt.
That said, Walker is not going to be a good Senator.  It's sad how billionaires and celebrities are getting seats in the Senate now.

If the Republicans have 50 senators, control of the Senate will come down to Walker vs Warnock, because Kamala Harris will cast tie-breaking votes.  Right?  

In that case, why would the runoff not matter?

(11-09-2022, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

If the Republicans have 50 senators, control of the Senate will come down to Walker vs Warnock, because Kamala Harris will cast tie-breaking votes.  Right?  

It would, he's just confusing his parties again like he did on his voter registration.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 07:49 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Actual Donald Trump quote: 

"Well, I think if they win, I should get all the credit. If they lose, I should not be blamed at all."

(11-09-2022, 07:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If the Republicans have 50 senators, control of the Senate will come down to Walker vs Warnock, because Kamala Harris will cast tie-breaking votes.  Right?  

It would, he's just confusing his parties again like he did on his voter registration.

It still doesn't make sense, because every 2 years various Senators are running in elections, so if they can get a 6 year term for Warnock, then it'll be easier to maintain control of the Senate 2 years from now.  So the Democrats will care a lot about whether Warnock wins or loses.

Is there a Democrat on this board who could explain the appeal of John Fetterman? I just don't get it.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 08:05 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2022, 07:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a Democrat on this board who could explain the appeal of John Fetterman? I just don't get it.

I don't get the appeal of Donald Trump.  But a lot of people will say they are voting for the policies and not the person.  

Also, the election was a choice between the well-known lieutenant governor and a guy who sells snake oil on TV.  So maybe the election was based on relative appeal, not absolute appeal.

Lol, Yeah. Sure.

(11-09-2022, 08:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 07:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a Democrat on this board who could explain the appeal of John Fetterman? I just don't get it.

I don't get the appeal of Donald Trump.  But a lot of people will say they are voting for the policies and not the person.  

Also, the election was a choice between the well-known lieutenant governor and a guy who sells snake oil on TV.  So maybe the election was based on relative appeal, not absolute appeal.

You and Mikesez are odd birds. You both claim to support Republicans but only the Republicans who toe the Democrat narrative of what a Republican should be.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 09:19 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2022, 09:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 08:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't get the appeal of Donald Trump.  But a lot of people will say they are voting for the policies and not the person.  

You and Mikesez are odd birds. You both claim to support Republicans but only the Republicans who toe the Democrat narrative of what a Republican should be.

Hahaha.  Not true at all.  

The test of "who is a Republican" is not " do you love Trump."

What would be your test of "who is a Republican?"  Maybe you could make up a set of questions and I could answer them.

(11-09-2022, 09:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You and Mikesez are odd birds. You both claim to support Republicans but only the Republicans who toe the Democrat narrative of what a Republican should be.

Hahaha.  Not true at all.  

Agreed, but you both shine lights into dark corners and deep closets of any Republican candidate in search of whether they have ever uttered Trump’s name. If so, then they’re instantly non grata. 

Regardless of whether you like it, the arena of politics involves candidates cooperating the support of people they may not wholly agree with. You and Mike are situated in that area of mushy centrism who treat Trump’s name like the “n” word. Regardless of a candidate is ideal, if they’ve ever evoked the spirit of orange man, they’re done.

(11-09-2022, 09:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Hahaha.  Not true at all.  

Agreed, but you both shine lights into dark corners and deep closets of any Republican candidate in search of whether they have ever uttered Trump’s name. If so, then they’re instantly non grata. 

Regardless of whether you like it, the arena of politics involves candidates cooperating the support of people they may not wholly agree with. You and Mike are situated in that area of mushy centrism who treat Trump’s name like the “n” word. Regardless of a candidate is ideal, if they’ve ever evoked the spirit of orange man, they’re done.

Not true.  For example, I'd vote for DeSantis for President over any Democrat, and I'm sure DeSantis supported Trump in 2020.

It's not that they hate Trump, it's that they can't fathom they are lied to by the establishment. Mikey is WAY worse than TRM at being gullible. Marty just can't get past the press.

Great to see both Fox News and CNBC confirming what a great night it was for DeSantis. Fox even stated it was not a good night for Trump, who could have costs the Republicans a few elections such as PA

(11-08-2022, 11:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/thebias_news/status/...fyTkg&s=19

Could get interesting if true..

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/15901...3_BoA&s=19

He will, the issue is nothing will happen from it but a strongly worded letter or report.

(11-09-2022, 07:28 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This [BLEEP] is so predictable. I'll get into the members today. Can't wait to see how our super secure mail-in ballots helped all these blue governors.

Dr. Oz was a terrible candidate, no one really wanted him but there is no way Fetterman won without cheating. We will see if anything happens but even the dems knew he had no chance.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(11-09-2022, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I meant 51 senators.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 09:45 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-09-2022, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Agreed, but you both shine lights into dark corners and deep closets of any Republican candidate in search of whether they have ever uttered Trump’s name. If so, then they’re instantly non grata. 

Not true.  For example, I'd vote for DeSantis for President over any Democrat, and I'm sure DeSantis supported Trump in 2020.

This is what makes DeSantis a bipartisan pick.  Dems realize that he didn't need Trump and even deterred Trump from being around him over the past few years.  This is what makes it easy for us Dems to vote DeSantis, without even considering party lines.

The far left Dems can only hope the republicans select Trump over DeSantis in 2024 where as us center Dems hope to see DeSantis on the ticket.  From what has been stated on both news stations, Trump still motivates the Dems to really come out to vote blue.

Last nights winner:  DeSantis
Last nights loser: Trump

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 09:52 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-09-2022, 09:44 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If the Republicans have 50 senators, control of the Senate will come down to Walker vs Warnock, because Kamala Harris will cast tie-breaking votes.  Right?  

I meant 51 senators.

It still doesn't make sense.  That 6 year term for Warnock will help the Dems either maintain or regain control of the Senate in the 2024 and 2026 elections.  Of course it matters to the Democrats.  A lot!  And they will go all out to win that runoff.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 11:22 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2022, 09:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 08:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't get the appeal of Donald Trump.  But a lot of people will say they are voting for the policies and not the person.  

This isnt partisan.
ALL politicians should be magnanimous and humble. Most are some of the time, none are all of the time.  There's a certain level of pugnaciousness and pride that is benign, but, too much and you'll put party over country, self over constitution, and you won't concede when you've lost.
Trump has too much.  He always did.  I'd feel the same about a Democrat that had too much.
If there is a candidate that doesn't respect the constitution, it really doesn't matter what their other policies are.  "I guess I'll vote Hitler because I'm certainly not going to let the SPD raise my taxes again!" or "You know, Karensky is really dragging this war on.  Let's vote Lenin, how bad could he be?"
Usually policy comes first.  But when certain sociopathic personalities are in play, policy comes second.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.