Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ceiling and floor

Quote:We are going 6-10

I don't think you understand how this works.

Ceiling : 6-10

Floor : 6-10

How do you manage to put your pants on in the morning?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We should have a better head coach by now too but here we are trotting out Gus again.

This team is a lot more talented than 6-10 but I have little confidence in our coaching based on the previous results.

I'm optimistic but 6-10 is certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

This thread is not about Gus Bradley. It is only about the potential win/loss record range (4-12 to 11-5) based on our roster and schedule. That is obvious to anyone who clicked on the link. Stay on topic.

I also think we will win more than six games. On paper that should not be too hard, but I agree with the author 11-5 is the best we can do because of our schedule.

Quote:This thread is not about Gus Bradley. It is only about the potential win/loss record range (4-12 to 11-5) based on our roster and schedule. That is obvious to anyone who clicked on the link. Stay on topic.

I also think we will win more than six games. On paper that should not be too hard, but I agree with the author 11-5 is the best we can do because of our schedule.
So we should do record predictions even though we have no idea how the Bills game in late November is going to look? It should be obvious to anyone that you can't go around making predictions right now.

Unless you're a future baby of course.

Quote:So we should do record predictions even though we have no idea how the Bills game in late November is going to look? It should be obvious to anyone that you can't go around making predictions right now.

Unless you're a future baby of course.

I am just saying this topic should not lead to any discussion about who our coach is. Think about who the players are.

Quote:This thread is not about Gus Bradley. It is only about the potential win/loss record range (4-12 to 11-5) based on our roster and schedule. That is obvious to anyone who clicked on the link. Stay on topic.

Stop telling me what to do.

Gus very much has to do with our floor and ceiling.

Quote:I am just saying this topic should not lead to any discussion about who our coach is. Think about who the players are.
Wait.... So Gus has nothing to do with how the season will play out?

Why do we have a coach then?

Quote:I am just saying this topic should not lead to any discussion about who our coach is. Think about who the players are.
I'm pretty sure the players run the plays and tactics setup by the coaches. Who's the head coach again?
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

I predict 7-9.

In an alternate universe where bobblehead Gus isn't the coach, I'd go with 10-6.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Damn everyone constantly just roasts MissJags on every thread lmfaoo. Has she done/said something I missed?

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 01:23 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:Damn everyone constantly just roasts MissJags on every thread lmfaoo. Has she done/said something I missed?
You must be new. I'm sure you will figure it out soon. It doesn't take long with her around.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Damn everyone constantly just roasts MissJags on every thread lmfaoo. Has she done/said something I missed?
She's a fan of the Broncos, Packers and Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 01:25 PM by Scarecrow.)

When you explain how coaching doesn't factor into wins and losses I will leave this thread.

Quote:When you explain how coaching doesn't factor into wins and losses I will leave this thread.
Maybe moreso not making this thread into ANOTHER "Gus is a bad coach" thread. 

My realistic prediction for this topic:

Ceiling 9-7

Floor 6-10

I say we chip in and send her away to a lovely internet free resort for as long as we can afford. I am off till mid September and not vacationing, so will be around intermittently. Don't know how much more I can take of this, lawd ar marcy...

This is why I moved on from practice to research. The burdens of others we faced daily went home with me, cumulatively.

At least TMD was somewhat sane, footballed, and didn't respond to every post with inanity...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Maybe moreso not making this thread into ANOTHER "Gus is a bad coach" thread.

My realistic prediction for this topic:

Ceiling 9-7

Floor 6-10

I get it but he's going to have a direct influence on the team's record.

I have a hard time picturing Gus coaching this team to better than 7-9 with the floor being 4-12.

Quote:I don't think you understand how this works.

Ceiling : 6-10

Floor : 6-10

How do you manage to put your pants on in the morning?

No, im just telling you what the record is going to be. There is no ceiling with Gus as coach.

10-6 to 7-9.

Is MissJagsFanatic a bot? Or a real person?

Quote:No, im just telling you what the record is going to be. There is no ceiling with Gus as coach.

There is a ceiling. It is just a lower one than if someone else was the coach.

Ceiling and Floor?

I though it was "TO THE WIIINNDDOOOOWWWW.................TO THE WAAALLLLLL" ?