Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game Balls vs Steelers

(10-30-2023, 12:08 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 09:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Game ball for everybody. This team just figures out a way to win in every aspect of the game. It's fun to see a well rounded team that has not quite yet hit it's stride. As good as it's been eight weeks in? It STILL feels like they're not quite there yet with their full potential.

I am telling you. This team is scary. We're fixing to see 'that" game soon this year and I think that's how they'll play for the remainder of the season. I am thinking they'll start winning games cleanly by 13+ points and everything looks more fluid offensively.

To hell with narratives. We know what we see out there. We know what they're doing snap after snap. We're still underdogs even if we're top dogs in the rankings and division.

I can't disagree with any of what you said. The offense has not even come close to peaking this season. The thing I love most about this team is the culture that Pederson has managed to deliver. They appear to be a close knit group with no signs of pettiness, selfishness or jealousy. Add that to a roster loaded with talented players (Etienne, Campbell, Oluokun, D. Williams, Allen and Engram have made strong cases to be pro-bowlers) and you have the makings of a dangerous team. 

Now for the questions about this team. They have yet to beat a very good team since Buffalo was playing terribly when they faced the Jaguars. The true test will come in the difficult schedule they must face after the bye. San Francisco is not the team we saw early in the season, but if Deebo returns and Purdy hasn't lost confidence they are still dangerous. The Bengals and Ravens will be great challenges at home as will the Browns and Texans (they have our number) on the road. If they win 3 of these 5 games, they will likely end up 13-4. That would likely give them 2nd seed in the playoffs with the possibility of overtaking the Chiefs, who have a very remaining schedule also. 

I can't remember a season in which so much hope legitimately existed following going into the bye week. Hopefully they'll sign a pass rusher giving them the needed added pressure to put on Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson and Allen come playoff time.
In this 5 game win streak? All 5 teams we played had a winning record

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-30-2023, 12:24 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I think Dewey is a better player than Jenkins. I think he should gwt more looks next to Cisco.

Could be that way in the near future. Wingard was extended in the off season I think for at least another three years. Jenkins is set to hit the market either next year or the following year. 

We also have Antonio Johnson in the fold now to consider and there's always next year's draft. I kind of have my eye on Miami's safety at the moment, James Williams. He's another long, rangy type safety. Think he would be a nice pick-up on late day two, early day three potentially to develop.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-30-2023, 12:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 12:08 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I can't disagree with any of what you said. The offense has not even come close to peaking this season. The thing I love most about this team is the culture that Pederson has managed to deliver. They appear to be a close knit group with no signs of pettiness, selfishness or jealousy. Add that to a roster loaded with talented players (Etienne, Campbell, Oluokun, D. Williams, Allen and Engram have made strong cases to be pro-bowlers) and you have the makings of a dangerous team. 

Now for the questions about this team. They have yet to beat a very good team since Buffalo was playing terribly when they faced the Jaguars. The true test will come in the difficult schedule they must face after the bye. San Francisco is not the team we saw early in the season, but if Deebo returns and Purdy hasn't lost confidence they are still dangerous. The Bengals and Ravens will be great challenges at home as will the Browns and Texans (they have our number) on the road. If they win 3 of these 5 games, they will likely end up 13-4. That would likely give them 2nd seed in the playoffs with the possibility of overtaking the Chiefs, who have a very remaining schedule also. 

I can't remember a season in which so much hope legitimately existed following going into the bye week. Hopefully they'll sign a pass rusher giving them the needed added pressure to put on Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson and Allen come playoff time.
Combined record of the teams we've beaten if you take away the losses to us is 20-13

Honorable mention to our rookie TE Strange. He had a few really good blocks. Less than honorable mention to Luke Farrell for doing his best Jawaan Taylor impression.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-30-2023, 09:41 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 08:38 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Travis is on pace for around 320 Carries….  Not 400

I'm sure he meant touches which includes receptions.  He currently has 178 touches through 8 games which puts him on pace for 378 touches for the year not including extra playoff games.  

There's a thing called the "curse of 370" which shows over and over again that backs that get 370 touches or more in a given year have a huge drop off in production the following year be it from injury or otherwise.  Eric Dickerson was like the only exception to the "rule".  I'd like to get ETN on a pace that projects him well under that number.  They need to get his touches down to 15 to 17 per game.  Maybe that looks like a straight line of games where his touches fall around that target or maybe in some of the less important games (i.e. the matchups against NFC opponents) they intentionally pull his touches back to around 10 for the game and let the other guys put some work in, or hopefully we can get up big early against someone and just give him the rest of the day off.

178*2 is still only 356. where's the extra 22?

(10-29-2023, 11:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: trAvon

"OMG, we can use this as a new catchphrase! "TrAvon Calling!" How good is that!?!?!?! - carp8dm/Frank "mumbles" Frangie
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-30-2023, 12:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 12:08 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I can't disagree with any of what you said. The offense has not even come close to peaking this season. The thing I love most about this team is the culture that Pederson has managed to deliver. They appear to be a close knit group with no signs of pettiness, selfishness or jealousy. Add that to a roster loaded with talented players (Etienne, Campbell, Oluokun, D. Williams, Allen and Engram have made strong cases to be pro-bowlers) and you have the makings of a dangerous team. 

Interesting trivia- we were 14-2 in 1999.  None of the 14 had a winning record.

(10-30-2023, 02:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 11:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: trAvon

"OMG, we can use this as a new catchphrase! "TrAvon Calling!" How good is that!?!?!?! - carp8dm/Frank "mumbles" Frangie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrKb2TTy2ik

(10-30-2023, 02:22 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Honorable mention to our rookie TE Strange. He had a few really good blocks.  Less than honorable mention to Luke Farrell  for doing his best Jawaan Taylor impression.

He had some good moments yesterday. Hopefully he can keep it up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-30-2023, 08:38 AM)NoShoes Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 11:27 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Trevor Lawrence: 1 stupid pass from another great performance. Take away that 1 redzone mistake and he had a heck of a game.

ETN: Probably our best overall player. Another gritty game. The concern I have is that he is carrying the ball way too much. He is on pace for around 400 carries this year. Too much will shorten his career. We may need to try and trade for a reliable backup because he can't continue to take the pounding. He was still playing when the game was well put away. Bigsby has fumbled the ball way too much on his limited carries.

Engram: This guy is going to shatter all the Jaguar tight end records. He is not only the best tight end on the team but a top 3 tight end in the league.

Josh Allen: Money is a hell of a motivator. By far the best we have ever seen him look. Another 2 sack performance puts him at 9 in 8 games. He is on pace to break the Jaguars sack record.

Dewey: People need to eat some sloppy crow for hating on this man. He is not only one of the best speakers and motivators on the team, he performs. I admit I wanted him cut early last year and admit I was wrong!  Dewey is a DOG!  Great INT in the middle of the field.

McManus: This guy is money. It's a luxury to have a guy to be reliable as him. He has a leg and accurate from long range. He should get the special teams player of the weak for all the long kicks today. 4/4 all were long in the rain!

Trevon Walker: He is on pace for 7 sacks this year and that would be progress. The guy is a good football player so there is still hope he could prove to be worth the pick.  He is a disruptor and forces double teams. Already better than bums we drafted in the 1st like Derrick Harvey.

Calvin Ridley: Made some tough long catches in bad conditions today.  It is going to be a touch decision to extend him or let him go after the season. The question you have to ask is if he worth a second round pick because the team has to give that up if he is extended beyond this year.

Entire Defense: From the DC calls to the play of the team on all levels. Going on the road and shutting down a  4-2 team is no easy task. Good Stuff. Mike Caldwell may get some head coaching interviews after this season.

The Media: They continue to let us fly under the radar. Every time we win the story is what was wrong with the other team instead of saying the Jaguars are really good. Sooner or later the Jaguars are going to take respect instead of earning it. Eventually sustained success will make the media run out of excuses.

Travis is on pace for around 320 Carries….  Not 400
Still way too much

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 04:16 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-30-2023, 02:22 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 09:41 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I'm sure he meant touches which includes receptions.  He currently has 178 touches through 8 games which puts him on pace for 378 touches for the year not including extra playoff games.  

There's a thing called the "curse of 370" which shows over and over again that backs that get 370 touches or more in a given year have a huge drop off in production the following year be it from injury or otherwise.  Eric Dickerson was like the only exception to the "rule".  I'd like to get ETN on a pace that projects him well under that number.  They need to get his touches down to 15 to 17 per game.  Maybe that looks like a straight line of games where his touches fall around that target or maybe in some of the less important games (i.e. the matchups against NFC opponents) they intentionally pull his touches back to around 10 for the game and let the other guys put some work in, or hopefully we can get up big early against someone and just give him the rest of the day off.

178*2 is still only 356. where's the extra 22?

It's a 17 game season, not 16.  He is averaging 22 touches a game though, you got that part right.

(10-30-2023, 04:14 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 02:22 PM)Mikey Wrote: 178*2 is still only 356. where's the extra 22?

It's a 17 game season, not 16.  He is averaging 22 touches a game though, you got that part right.

Stupid shield.

I am not afraid to admit I am still living in the NFL glory years 1987-1993 Big Grin

(11-04-2023, 05:27 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/11...y-pickett/

Bull [BLEEP]

League office is officially a bunch of [BLEEP].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-04-2023, 05:27 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/11...y-pickett/

Bull [BLEEP]

I found this part interesting considering how unfair the Squeeler fans and players thought the officiating was.

Quote:Steelers safety Damontae Kazee received two fines of $11,806 each for unnecessary roughness on a pair of plays that happened on the same second quarter drive for Jacksonville. Both plays were unpenalized.

Pittsburgh pass rusher T.J. Watt earned the biggest fine of the game, $16,391, for a hit to the face of Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence that was also unpenalized.

Looks like they caught a lot of breaks during the game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Bull [BLEEP]

...if the fine goes toward a charitable org (which I believe is usually the case), does this mean Gotsis can write off the loss?

/pushes glasses up nose