Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
9ers talk. What’s the game plan?

Bijan did some damage to us and we still won I will say

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First, no flexing the game besides the obvious of making them play at 9am their time. Next steal all the coffee from their hotel and remove it from the visitors locker room.
Also, some poster has 4 ticket and has to work Monday. I prefer the game be convenient for him. He is one of us after all.

Break news
This just in Shanahan has outlawed the use of the word "Hope" till November 13th.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-30-2023, 05:40 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 49ers defense, the past 3 weeks anyway, has been a dumpster fire and letting up yards like crazy. We should be able to exploit them. I very much want Trevor to have his 2023 breakout game this game to silence any leftover haters, but gritting out another win will be satisfying too.

Campbell, Cisco, Zay back and Little fully healthy. We should be in the best position we’ve been in since week 1

Plus maybe a new pass rusher added today/tomorrow
Chris Broussard was talking about Trevor and complaining about his tds (I think he said Trev had 9) but the dude is all over Lamar and pretty sure Lamar also only has 9 tds.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 08:57 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-30-2023, 05:20 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Get pressure on  purdy & limit MC as much as possible

Having Cisco and Campbell back will be huge

So huge. I need Cisco to get 2 of them thangs while Campbell, Williams, and Hern put the Sticky Clamps on. Jenkins will be lurking for that FF.

They should include in the game plan using the crowd. The game is almost sold out and they are selling Standing Room Only tickets now.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

NFL plz flex…

Firstly this game should definitely get flexed. I mean how many prime time games have they given the Raiders?!

I kind of wish we had them this Sunday. They are not playing well at the moment and the bye week could let them get a few things sorted. They are wobbling right now and it was shocking to see the Bengals get big play after big play against that D. Hopefully Samuel is still missing as that O isn't the same with just Aiyuk as a passing weapon. McCaffrey is a beast and stopping him is huge. Make Purdy beat us with his arm just to see where his confidence is right now. 

We need to play well and the O needs a good game. I had this as an L before the season but feel a bit more confident after recent weeks. 

It's a great game to come out the bye and set the standard for the rest of the year.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 11:09 PM by NewJagsCity.)

49ers have only one quality win, against the Cowgurls. Steelers, Rams, Giants and Cards are the others. And that was when they (the 9ers) were at full strength. Even their own fan base saw them as fools gold early in the year. I see a 2 score win for us.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

You'd be flexing out a team from the New York market. When Rodgers went down and things looked bleak for the Jets for a few weeks it looked like the league would get forced to flex the game out, but the Jets have climbed back in it. The Raiders will probably beat the Giants next week and come into that Jets game at 4-5 after losing tonight to the Loins. The Jets will probably lose to the Chargers next week and go into that Sunday night match up at 4-4. I don't think the records of the two teams are egregious enough to flex out of a NY market game personally.

(10-30-2023, 11:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You'd be flexing out a team from the New York market.  When Rodgers went down and things looked bleak for the Jets for a few weeks it looked like the league would get forced to flex the game out, but the Jets have climbed back in it.  The Raiders will probably beat the Giants next week and come into that Jets game at 4-5 after losing tonight to the Loins.  The Jets will probably lose to the Chargers next week and go into that Sunday night match up at 4-4.  I don't think the records of the two teams are egregious enough to flex out of a NY market game personally.

I definitely get where your coming from and the New York market will always be popular with SNF. My only real complaint is SNF is meant to be the game of the week, the one most people want to watch and Jets-Raiders isn't it. Don't SNF get a limit of how many games they can flex so maybe they just hold out so have options towards the end of the year.

(10-31-2023, 12:02 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 11:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You'd be flexing out a team from the New York market.  When Rodgers went down and things looked bleak for the Jets for a few weeks it looked like the league would get forced to flex the game out, but the Jets have climbed back in it.  The Raiders will probably beat the Giants next week and come into that Jets game at 4-5 after losing tonight to the Loins.  The Jets will probably lose to the Chargers next week and go into that Sunday night match up at 4-4.  I don't think the records of the two teams are egregious enough to flex out of a NY market game personally.

I definitely get where your coming from and the New York market will always be popular with SNF. My only real complaint is SNF is meant to be the game of the week, the one most people want to watch and Jets-Raiders isn't it. Don't SNF get a limit of how many games they can flex so maybe they just hold out so have options towards the end of the year.

Also, that Ravens Browns game is compelling.  If they do flex, it might be to that over us.  

There has been a bias against our market with prime time games and commercial breaks during the draft for a loooong time. I’ll believe we get flexed in to prime time when I see it.

(10-31-2023, 12:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 12:02 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I definitely get where your coming from and the New York market will always be popular with SNF. My only real complaint is SNF is meant to be the game of the week, the one most people want to watch and Jets-Raiders isn't it. Don't SNF get a limit of how many games they can flex so maybe they just hold out so have options towards the end of the year.

Also, that Ravens Browns game is compelling.  If they do flex, it might be to that over us.  

There has been a bias against our market with prime time games and commercial breaks during the draft for a loooong time. I’ll believe we get flexed in to prime time when I see it.

That's very true. Just look at Week 18 last year. Every year they flex a 'win and in' game and when it was finally us we ended up on Saturday night so they could have Packers-Lions. I guess we're lucky the Bengals game is SNF and they won't flex out the Bengals and Burrow.

Its fine, I kinda like being overlooked and unappreciated. Just gives us more ammunition for the team and let's us keep shocking people.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023, 01:30 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The jets are super boring and will most likely not make the play offs. The raiders are 3-5. It’s a horrible game that shouldn’t be on prime time.

No idea why the Jets and Raiders have so many prime time games. They've all been pretty crappy lately. That is a 1 PM kickoff game. Not saying we should be flexed there, but should keep our primetime slots. The networks and schedule makers thought they would have plenty of time to fawn over Rodgers.. the Jets are staying competitive but it's time to scrap all that. The Raiders don't have much of an offense at all. Garoppolo got sacked more than his groceries against Detroit.

(10-31-2023, 04:23 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: No idea why the Jets and Raiders have so many prime time games.  They've all been pretty crappy lately.  That is a 1 PM kickoff game.  Not saying we should be flexed there,  but should keep our primetime slots.  The networks and schedule makers thought they would have plenty of time to fawn over Rodgers.. the Jets are staying competitive but it's time to scrap all that.  The Raiders don't have much of an offense at all.  Garoppolo got sacked more than his groceries against Detroit.

Because the Jets have a large market and the Raiders have a storied and iconic past with a garish fan base. That gets viewers. Not the boring Jags from a boring city. 

Night football games are as much about drawing uncommitted viewers than as a marquee game for good football teams. It’s entertainment.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023, 09:35 AM by Mikey.)

(10-30-2023, 04:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The league has until tomorrow to decide to flex the Jets/Raiders out of Sunday night football and potentially move our matchup with the 9ers up to that slot.  With the Jets staying in the hunt and being the market that it is, I'm doubting they get flexed out.

That and the photo ops of vegas skyline after dark? Yeah, doubt it happens. Add in disgruntled Davante and they have plenty for the cameras to watch.

That game is gonna be ugggggggglyyyyyy, though.

(10-30-2023, 04:33 PM)icey14 Wrote: they like to run, so do what we do best and that is stop the run and pressure purdy into mistakes.  on our side we need to play mistake free and make it into the endzone more than not when we are in striking distance.

Oluokun gonna be a tackling machine I suspect.

Kinda wonder if we have another week where the focus is to set the edges to avoid outside runs, and less focus on getting to QB. Pressure Purdy into mistakes that the secondary can take advantage of. I'll happily sacrifice sacks if it means McCaffrey doesn't burn us and we get a few picks on the day.

(10-30-2023, 05:40 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 49ers defense, the past 3 weeks anyway, has been a dumpster fire and letting up yards like crazy. We should be able to exploit them. I very much want Trevor to have his 2023 breakout game this game to silence any leftover haters, but gritting out another win will be satisfying too.

Campbell, Cisco, Zay back and Little fully healthy. We should be in the best position we’ve been in since week 1

Plus maybe a new pass rusher added today/tomorrow

Short fields won't let Trevor get yards in bunches. Jus sayin' Wink

(10-31-2023, 12:02 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

NY market>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jax market

Nobody outside of Duval cares that we are tied for best record in the league. If Purdy is slowly regressing to be the next Zach Wilson, no chance it flexes, either.

Not worried about this game being flexed. Would honestly prefer them playing at a 1 PM slot coming over from the West Coast anyway. New York and Las Vegas getting primetime slots over our market shouldn't surprise anybody. We're a fart in the wind when it comes to numbers across the NFL.

I think that will change though going into next year. Winning will do that for any market. Look at Buffalo, they're a good example of this. They're a relatively small market and were always in the rumor mill to move up into Canada to stay alive in the NFL. Once Allen came along and they started winning games and putting up points they started getting more and more nationally televised games.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If we can keep CMC from going crazy we should be okay.