Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars vs 49ers Gameday***

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 10:58 AM by homebiscuit.)

(11-12-2023, 09:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 08:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dear Abby,

I'm faced with a dilemma. As of 1:24 this morning, we became grandparents again. Do we forego attending the game to visit our newest family member at the hospital? Or do we visit after the game?

Thank you,

Homebiscuit from Duuuvalll

Go be with your family first and then the game. Then back to the hospital after the game. 

Bring her some breakfast.

I’ve discussed it with dad. We visit after the game bearing a Jaguars outfit for the newest Jags fan and dinner for Mom and Dad.

We’re parked. Lots of Niners fans here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 11:11 AM by NewJagsCity.)

Ugly and damp today. Field might be slippery, which might nullify the running game of both teams. If so, I ll take our pass game over theirs.

(11-12-2023, 01:42 AM)Seattle49er Wrote: Go 9ers!

Welcome, and let's hope for an injury free game with minimal intrusion by the officials. Go Jags!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 11:11 AM by Caldrac.)

I think this game will potentially look and feel like the Buffalo game they had in London. A lot of hits on the QB today. Lawrence needs to hold onto the football today. For sure.

If it's not there on your 1st or 2nd read? Get rid of it. Waiting to find that 3rd read with this offensive line Vs. their defensive line has bad news written all over it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Has anyone heard the Dewey Wingard song on 1010? It’s pretty cheesy, but it’s our cheesy!

(11-12-2023, 10:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Easier said than done

Naturally. They'll get it done though. I think it might be a little rough going, akin to the Buffalo game but I think our defense will get after their offense just as much and we'll end up winning by 14+ today.

Ok lol.  It would be nice but you highly underestimate a SF team hat has been the the NFC championship game or SB 3 out of the last 4 years. SF is loaded and they get Debo and Williams back today.  SF is a very talented team.  I don't care if we win by 1 point or a walk off FG, I just want to win.  If you are that confident go bet on the Jags and you get 3 points.  I got the Jags in a nice Parlay

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 11:16 AM by Lucky2Last.)

This optimism has me concerned for today. I always feel more comfortable when we go into a game pessimistic. Oh, and congrats, HB!

(11-12-2023, 11:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 10:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Naturally. They'll get it done though. I think it might be a little rough going, akin to the Buffalo game but I think our defense will get after their offense just as much and we'll end up winning by 14+ today.

Ok lol.  It would be nice but you highly underestimate a SF team hat has been the the NFC championship game or SB 3 out of the last 4 years. SF is loaded and they get Debo and Williams back today.  SF is a very talented team.  I don't care if we win by 1 point or a walk off FG, I just want to win.  If you are that confident go bet on the Jags and you get 3 points.  I got the Jags in a nice Parlay

I don't think I am underestimating them. I think our team, if anything, it's the one being underestimated. We've had quality wins this year against quality teams. This is a game of momentum and the 49ers do not have that on their side today. Even coming off a bye week. 

I had this game pegged as a loss the moment I saw it on the calendar. My view has changed because of how Purdy has played over the last three weeks. There's something off with that team and it starts with him. He's going to make a costly mistake today. I just know it. 

It will more than likely happen over the middle, which has been his trouble area now in all three of their losses. I think the game will be close, up until a certain point, and it'll happen late in the third quarter more than likely but there's going to be a play that breaks it open on defense and then another play that breaks it open on offense. It's just a feeling man. 

I think it's just time for this team to put it altogether and this is the best opponent and best opportunity to do so today.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 11:39 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2023, 11:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 11:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok lol.  It would be nice but you highly underestimate a SF team hat has been the the NFC championship game or SB 3 out of the last 4 years. SF is loaded and they get Debo and Williams back today.  SF is a very talented team.  I don't care if we win by 1 point or a walk off FG, I just want to win.  If you are that confident go bet on the Jags and you get 3 points.  I got the Jags in a nice Parlay

I don't think I am underestimating them. I think our team, if anything, it's the one being underestimated. We've had quality wins this year against quality teams. This is a game of momentum and the 49ers do not have that on their side today. Even coming off a bye week. 

I had this game pegged as a loss the moment I saw it on the calendar. My view has changed because of how Purdy has played over the last three weeks. There's something off with that team and it starts with him. He's going to make a costly mistake today. I just know it. 

It will more than likely happen over the middle, which has been his trouble area now in all three of their losses. I think the game will be close, up until a certain point, and it'll happen late in the third quarter more than likely but there's going to be a play that breaks it open on defense and then another play that breaks it open on offense. It's just a feeling man. 

I think it's just time for this team to put it altogether and this is the best opponent and best opportunity to do so today.

Purdy struggled but he was without 2 All Pros and arguably the best LT in the game.  Their oline wasn't the same when Williams went down.  I don't think Purdy has a loss when Williams and Debo play.  When you lose 2 first team All Pros in offense your offense won't be the same.  49ers definitely get a confidence boost with getting their All Pros back.  The one think I hope helps us is them traveling across the country, sometimes that can affect teams.  With that said 49ers when healthy have arguably the most talented team in the league .

I say McManus kicks the game winner today

(11-12-2023, 11:15 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This optimism has me concerned for today. I always feel more comfortable when we go into a game pessimistic. Oh, and congrats, HB!

There's no way we can beat them today, all their strengths exploit our great weaknesses and we just know that Tlaw is gonna get hit a lot, throw some picks, and probably fumble 3 or 4 times in this weather. He's just not good enough to win big games, maybe he will be some day, but he just hasn't shown enough for us to think he can outplay such a great opponent. And don't get me started on Press Taylor, that guy couldn't coach his way to a Madden Bowl win, much less really win in the NFL. It's just absurd to think we have any chance at all with such a low skill roster and coaching staff. The only thing great about our franchise is the brilliant concensus we build here at The Jungle on acquiring and developing talent.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-12-2023, 11:08 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Ugly and damp today. Field might be slippery, which might nullify the running game of both teams. If so, I ll take our pass game over theirs.

(11-12-2023, 01:42 AM)Seattle49er Wrote: Go 9ers!

Welcome, and let's hope for an injury free game with minimal intrusion by the officials. Go Jags!

The officials will do their best to cover the spread.

I'm faced with a dilemma. As of 1:24 this morning, we became grandparents again. Do we forego attending the game to visit our newest family member at the hospital? Or do we visit after the game?

Thank you,

Congratulations HB!!!

It's early but they're might be more 49er fans then chief fans this week.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-12-2023, 11:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 11:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think I am underestimating them. I think our team, if anything, it's the one being underestimated. We've had quality wins this year against quality teams. This is a game of momentum and the 49ers do not have that on their side today. Even coming off a bye week. 

Purdy struggled but he was without 2 All Pros and arguably the best LT in the game.  Their oline wasn't the same when Williams went down.  I don't think Purdy has a loss when Williams and Debo play.  When you lose 2 first team All Pros in offense your offense won't be the same.  49ers definitely get a confidence boost with getting their All Pros back.  The one think I hope helps us is them traveling across the country, sometimes that can affect teams.  With that said 49ers when healthy have arguably the most talented team in the league .

I say McManus kicks the game winner today

I'll take it. 

(11-12-2023, 12:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote: It's early but they're might be more 49er fans then chief fans this week.

Good. It'll be sweeter when they're down by 14+ in the 4th quarter. Paid all that money to come over here just to see them get beat like a red headed step child.

Damn, a lot of SF fans here.

(11-12-2023, 12:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Damn, a lot of SF fans here.

Good. Let them pack it in. Tee-hee.

(11-12-2023, 11:15 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This optimism has me concerned for today. I always feel more comfortable when we go into a game pessimistic. Oh, and congrats, HB!

(11-12-2023, 12:06 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

Thank you,

Congratulations HB!!!

Thank you.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 12:21 PM by EricC85.)

(11-12-2023, 12:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Damn, a lot of SF fans here.

I didn't know they traveled so well

Watching colts and pats at Dailey's place man they both suck
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Has anybody living outside the broadcast area of 1010 AM radio figured out how to receive the local radio broadcast of the game? I live in NC and at 12 noon the 1010 broadcast switches to a betting network and the game is blacked out. I have the Sunday NFL Package thru YouTube TV, but I hate listening to the national broadcasters. I’d rather listen to the hometown play by play and color guys. Any suggestions? Thanks

Awwww. Brown is inactive today.

(11-12-2023, 12:38 PM)NCJAGFAN1949 Wrote: Has anybody living outside the broadcast area of 1010 AM radio figured out how to receive the local radio broadcast of the game?  I live in NC and at 12 noon the 1010 broadcast switches to a betting network and the game is blacked out. I  have the Sunday NFL Package thru  YouTube TV, but I hate listening to the national broadcasters. I’d rather listen to the hometown play by play and color guys. Any suggestions?  Thanks

You can listen to it on sirius XM, i found it to be about 10 secs behind.  might be able to find it on the 1010xl radio maybe.