Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bad performers of the game vs SF

the kicker played well ,got only points for jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, that was a pathetic display all around. All the good feelings of the last 6 weeks are gone. That said, just win the next two, and we are then in a great spot.

(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm not pooping all over anything. (well, maybe your football acumen) 

Is the HC not responsible for the game plan?

It wasn't a good plan today. 

That should be very simple for even you to understand.

Hey, if you love Press Taylor, just say it.

I think Pederson is the better coach. 

But clearly, you're football acumen for defending Press is the more important one.

Good for you.  Keep defending Press Taylor.  That's a great hill to die on!!!

Yeah - I've said it 20 times for you even though you still keep misstating it. 
But I'll spoon-feed it to your dumb [BLEEP] one more time.

"Press Taylor has called plays that were good enough to win the ball game this year."

That isn't high praise. It's just a fact. 

That is what I originally told you and has been my position every week. 
Today is the first day I didn't like it enough to feel differently because I believe they did not utilize ETN properly.
And that is more than likely a failure of the game-plan more than the play calling. 
Maybe Press and Doug planned on using him more and Press went totally rogue, but I doubt it. 
I think that they should have focused on his usage and he could have been the best weapon in that matchup.

Whether it was the plan not to lean on him, or Press got off script is not something I can know, but with Doug in his ear the entire game, it is unlikely that they Press just abandoned the gameplan until they were down 3 scores. Even then - adjustments would be discussed with Doug. 

I've never even told you that I like Press Taylor. Not once.
I'm very on the fence about him.
But because I'm not an overreacting moron, I know what to blame him for and also what isn't his doing. 
You still haven't figured that out. 

I look at Press like I looked at Caldwell last year. And I'm giving him the time to show me something.
Caldwell did eventually. Maybe Press will too. Maybe not.

(11-12-2023, 06:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Hey, if you love Press Taylor, just say it.

I think Pederson is the better coach. 

But clearly, you're football acumen for defending Press is the more important one.

Good for you.  Keep defending Press Taylor.  That's a great hill to die on!!!

Yeah - I've said it 20 times for you even though you still keep misstating it. 

"Press Taylor has called plays that were good enough to win the ball game this year."

Today is the first day I didn't like it enough to feel differently because I believe they did not utilize ETN properly.
And that is more than likely a failure of the game-plan more than the play calling. 
Maybe Press and Doug planned on using him more and Press went totally rogue, but I doubt it. 
I think that they should have focused on his usage and he could have been the best weapon in that matchup.

Whether it was the plan not to lean on him, or Press got off script is not something I can know, but with Doug in his ear the entire game, it is unlikely that they Press just abandoned the gameplan until they were down 3 scores. Even then - adjustments would be discussed with Doug. 

But because I'm not an overreacting moron, I know what to blame him for and also what isn't his doing. 

I look at Press like I looked at Caldwell last year. And I'm giving him the time to show me something.

Bro, the thing is that I wasn't even calling out Press in September and early October.

I was just pointing out how the offense wasn't the same as last year.

And you and other mods attacked me for that.

And now, now that it's obvious, you should at least eat some crow.

Eat it.

Eat the crow.  Admit that I was right.  This offense isn't the same as last year.  It's not even a terrible piece of crow to eat.  But the way you insulted me and the fact that I am correct means that there is crow to be had.

And it's up to me to force you to acknowledge it.  Otherwise, you were just insulting me and then you didn't even have the accountability of how your insults were not appropriate.

So just give me my flowers and we can all move on.

(11-12-2023, 07:10 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - I've said it 20 times for you even though you still keep misstating it. 

Bro, the thing is that I wasn't even calling out Press in September and early October.

Eat it.

Eat the crow.  Admit that I was right.  This offense isn't the same as last year.  It's not even a terrible piece of crow to eat.  But the way you insulted me and the fact that I am correct means that there is crow to be had.

And it's up to me to force you to acknowledge it.  Otherwise, you were just insulting me and then you didn't even have the accountability of how your insults were not appropriate.

The offense is about 75% identical to last year. 

They just added an X receiver and changed the routes at that one position to suit that guy's skillset.
The other guys are doing what they did. 
This makes perfect sense. 

It's not working out well, but it isn't a different offense. Just tweaked. 

I'm truly sorry you aren't able to understand that because I'm seriously tired of explaining it.

Why in God's name would a super bowl winning head coach in his second year building up a young QB just throw away the offense he just taught that QB? 
It would NEVER happen. 
The continuity is immensely valuable in that players development. 
Please try to think about that for a second.

Also - no one attacked you. You were called out because you were wrong. That happens when you post things on the internet.
I never insulted you until you got chippy with me.

(11-12-2023, 06:52 PM)Newton Wrote: Well, that was a pathetic display all around. All the good feelings of the last 6 weeks are gone. That said, just win the next two, and we are then in a great spot.

Agreed, need to win the next 2

Tough game vs a rare team. Let’s bounce back.

Plain and simple, they are who we thought they were. Trading for Cleveland and putting Little in didn't make Fortner any better. Their outside rushers were way better than our tackles; we didn't have the luxury of letting either OT taken their edge guys one-on-one; The edge guys were too good to allow chip-in help to the interior.

Heck, we couldn't even shift to quick passes, the pressure was in TLaw's face at the very snap. It was an absolute manhandling.

Still not sure why after all that we insist on runs up the gut.

Dogs of the game are the interior linemen. They stank out loud, but we should have known that they would; it's what they do.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2023, 06:48 PM by carp8dm. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-12-2023, 07:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:10 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Bro, the thing is that I wasn't even calling out Press in September and early October.

Eat it.

The offense is about 75% identical to last year. 

They just added an X receiver and changed the routes at that one position to suit that guy's skillset.

I'm truly sorry you aren't able to understand that because I'm seriously tired of explaining it.

Why in God's name would a super bowl winning head coach in his second year building up a young QB just throw away the offense he just taught that QB? 
It would NEVER happen. 

Also - no one attacked you. You were called out because you were wrong. That happens when you post things on the internet.

And yet it it's exactly what happened!  LOL.  Press Taylor is in charge of the offense, the game plan, and the game day play calling.  That's a fact.  

Trevor Lawrence has not looked as good as last year.  That is a fact.  The offensive line is bad this year, but again, it's not as though it was that great last year either!  I don't know how many times I have to remind you guys about that.  About 2 months ago, I compared PFF scores from last year compared to this year.  Fortner was bad last year.  Scherff had games where he was good, and games where he was hot garbage.  Just like last year.  

Last year we had Juwaan Taylor who was on a contract year.  His performance was pretty consistent.  But I would argue that our LT situation this year is similar to last year, maybe a bit down, but not it's not such a drop off that would account for how much this offense has regressed.  Harrison is inconsistent as was Little last year...

This offensive line is bad.  Nobody is saying otherwise.  However, the abysmall drop off in productivity in terms of TDs, 3rd down conversions.  Red Zone success (specifically the 2nd half of 2022).  4th Down conversions.  Even the average distance Lawrence throws a pass is down.  And they aren't down just a little, but there are significant drop offs in TDs, in Red zone success, in 3rd and 4th down conversions...  

The level of the drop off, compared to the drop off in PFF grades for the O-Line by position/player just doesn't hold up.  The O-Line last year was not good either.  It just wasn't.  Was it as bad as this year?  I don't know, maybe a little bit better last year than this year.  But the O-Line's regression doesn't match up with the regression that we're seeing in terms of offensive productivity.

Hey finally, something that you said that makes sense:  "The continuity is immensely valuable in that players development."

Yes, continuity is very important.  Going from the absolute [BLEEP] show of Urban Meyer to the genius of Doug Pederson proves very valuable for Trevor.  Why Pederson decided to change that all up for a 3rd straight year is absolutely insane.  And yet here we are.  Watching it happen.  You blaming it all on the O-Line and not where it should be.  Right there on the OC.  And to be honest, if Pederson is gonna pull this crap with his "coaching tree" like he did in Philly?  His seat is gonna get really hot really fast.  The Press Taylor experiment isn't working.  We're gonna beat the tacks and get back to 7-3.  We're gonna be fine in the short term.  

But it's obvious the offense is regressing. This regression has as much to do with Press (and Pederson's stubborness to make Press happen) as with the O-Line's ineptitude.

(11-13-2023, 06:43 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The offense is about 75% identical to last year. 

It would NEVER happen. 

And yet it it's exactly what happened!  LOL.  Press Taylor is in charge of the offense, the game plan, and the game day play calling.  That's a fact.  

Trevor Lawrence has not looked as good as last year.  That is a fact.  The offensive line is bad this year, but again, it's not as though it was that great last year either!  I don't know how many times I have to remind you guys about that.  About 2 months ago, I compared PFF scores from last year compared to this year.  Fortner was bad last year.  Scherff had games where he was good, and games where he was hot garbage.  Just like last year.  

Last year we had Juwaan Taylor who was on a contract year.  His performance was pretty consistent.  But I would argue that our LT situation this year is similar to last year, maybe a bit down, but not it's not such a drop off that would account for how much this offense has regressed.  Harrison is inconsistent as was Little last year...

This offensive line is bad.  Nobody is saying otherwise.  However, the abysmall drop off in productivity in terms of TDs, 3rd down conversions.  Red Zone success (specifically the 2nd half of 2022).  4th Down conversions.  Even the average distance Lawrence throws a pass is down.  And they aren't down just a little, but there are significant drop offs in TDs, in Red zone success, in 3rd and 4th down conversions...  

The level of the drop off, compared to the drop off in PFF grades for the O-Line by position/player just doesn't hold up.  The O-Line last year was not good either.  It just wasn't.  Was it as bad as this year?  I don't know, maybe a little bit better last year than this year.  But the O-Line's regression doesn't match up with the regression that we're seeing in terms of offensive productivity.

Hey finally, something that you said that makes sense:  "The continuity is immensely valuable in that players development."

Yes, continuity is very important.  Going from the absolute [BLEEP] show of Urban Meyer to the genius of Doug Pederson proves very valuable for Trevor.  Why Pederson decided to change that all up for a 3rd straight year is absolutely insane.  And yet here we are.  Watching it happen.  You blaming it all on the O-Line and not where it should be.  Right there on the OC.  And to be honest, if Pederson is gonna pull this crap with his "coaching tree" like he did in Philly?  His seat is gonna get really hot really fast.  The Press Taylor experiment isn't working.  We're gonna beat the tacks and get back to 7-3.  We're gonna be fine in the short term.  

But it's obvious the offense is regressing.  This regression has as much to do with Press (and Pederson's stubborness to make Press happen) as with the O-Line's ineptitude.

Buddy - if you are so stupid that you believe Press Taylor formulates game plans for the Jacksonville Jaguars - I refuse to engage in further conversation with you.

I think Jim Mora summed it up nicely.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

I wouldn't dismiss blame on the mascot or cheerleaders either at this point. Snowwolf? Something was very wrong and I didn't recognize this team at all. Wish I could Men In Black myself from having experienced that game.

(11-13-2023, 06:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 06:43 PM)carp8dm Wrote: And yet it it's exactly what happened!  LOL.  Press Taylor is in charge of the offense, the game plan, and the game day play calling.  That's a fact.  

But it's obvious the offense is regressing.  This regression has as much to do with Press (and Pederson's stubborness to make Press happen) as with the O-Line's ineptitude.

Buddy - if you are so stupid that you believe Press Taylor formulates game plans for the Jacksonville Jaguars - I refuse to engage in further conversation with you.

So he's the OC, but all he does is just call plays?  He's not taking over more responsibilities than that?

Let me hold your had through it, old man.

"This past offseason, Taylor had the opportunity to run an offense entirely in his vision somewhere else. The Ravens requested to interview him for their vacant offensive coordinator position, which would be a lateral step in title but grant Taylor full autonomy over that side of the ball. However, Baltimore’s request to interview Taylor was denied by Jacksonville, according to Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic." https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2023/9/10/...uties-2023

I'm not sure if you need me to blow it up larger, or if I need draw a picture with crayons for you to look over...  But if you think that this is the same offense we saw last year that Pederson was in control of, I'm not sure who the real dumb [BLEEP] is.  But it ain't me, babe.  Press Taylor is more than just the play caller and it's obvious to anyone that has ever watched a football game from this year compared to last year.  Anbd the fact that we retained him when the Ravens were trying to hire him proves it!!!  Get your head out of your [BLEEP].

Even if you just read Taylor's clippings on how much control he has over O-Line starters during this preseason, or how he speaks about game planning.  Or how he speaks about scheming, you can tell he's calling shots now.  And you can tell he's out of his league!  He sounds like a freaking idiot   You're out of your god damned mind if you think that Press hasn't taken over more and more of the responsibilities compared to last year.  Maybe get your head out of the sand and read up or listen to some of Press Taylor's interviews/press conferences.

It's obvious he's the OC in more than just play calling.  

Here's a Pederson qoute about Press from 2022, a year we all acknowledge was a magical year, despite a suspect O-Line...  

"He's the type of guy that as I went through my tenure there in Philadelphia, he's the kind of -- you always have the coaches you keep your eye on, and he was always one of those guys for me that I kept my eye on," Pederson said. "I knew that one day I think he was going to be an offensive coordinator. I felt that in my heart that he could be. I was going to eventually make him a coordinator possibly in Philadelphia, and things changed. I'm so excited for him because of the working relationship that we've had and how we think alike and how we bounce ideas off each other, and just looking forward to watching him flourish from here."  

Pederson has clearly been looking to hand off his duties to another.  It's obvious to anyone that actually watched how our offense was last year versus what we are this year, that there is a difference.  That difference is Press becoming the "WE" in terms of the offense.  You listen to Press in his interviews and he says "WE" a lot.  But when he was saying "WE" last year (2022), he meant Doug.  This year, when he says "WE" he's talking about his offense.  The Jaguars stopped the signing of Press to the Ravens.  The only way a lateral move can be stopped by the Jaguars in that type of situation is to increase/promote the coach to a higher title/responsibility.  Do you not know about how coaching hires work in the NFL??  

So we retained Press.  We retained him because we denied the lateral move because we were increasing his responsibility!!  Now, while we are a playoff contending offense.  It's not Doug's offense.  You know why?

Because Press Taylor isn't Doug Pederson!!!!!  [BLEEP] figure it out, man.  It's not that hard!!!

(11-13-2023, 08:20 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 06:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Buddy - if you are so stupid that you believe Press Taylor formulates game plans for the Jacksonville Jaguars - I refuse to engage in further conversation with you.

So he's the OC, but all he does is just call plays?  He's not taking over more responsibilities than that?

Let me hold your had through it, old man.

"This past offseason, Taylor had the opportunity to run an offense entirely in his vision somewhere else. The Ravens requested to interview him for their vacant offensive coordinator position, which would be a lateral step in title but grant Taylor full autonomy over that side of the ball. However, Baltimore’s request to interview Taylor was denied by Jacksonville, according to Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic." https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2023/9/10/...uties-2023

I'm not sure if you need me to blow it up larger, or if I need draw a picture with crayons for you to look over...  But if you think that this is the same offense we saw last year that Pederson was in control of, I'm not sure who the real dumb [BLEEP] is.  But it ain't me, babe.  Press Taylor is more than just the play caller and it's obvious to anyone that has ever watched a football game from this year compared to last year.  Anbd the fact that we retained him when the Ravens were trying to hire him proves it!!!  Get your head out of your [BLEEP].

Even if you just read Taylor's clippings on how much control he has over O-Line starters during this preseason, or how he speaks about game planning.  Or how he speaks about scheming, you can tell he's calling shots now.  And you can tell he's out of his league!  He sounds like a freaking idiot   You're out of your god damned mind if you think that Press hasn't taken over more and more of the responsibilities compared to last year.  Maybe get your head out of the sand and read up or listen to some of Press Taylor's interviews/press conferences.

It's obvious he's the OC in more than just play calling.  

Here's a Pederson qoute about Press from 2022, a year we all acknowledge was a magical year, despite a suspect O-Line...  

"He's the type of guy that as I went through my tenure there in Philadelphia, he's the kind of -- you always have the coaches you keep your eye on, and he was always one of those guys for me that I kept my eye on," Pederson said. "I knew that one day I think he was going to be an offensive coordinator. I felt that in my heart that he could be. I was going to eventually make him a coordinator possibly in Philadelphia, and things changed. I'm so excited for him because of the working relationship that we've had and how we think alike and how we bounce ideas off each other, and just looking forward to watching him flourish from here."  

Pederson has clearly been looking to hand off his duties to another.  It's obvious to anyone that actually watched how our offense was last year versus what we are this year, that there is a difference.  That difference is Press becoming the "WE" in terms of the offense.  You listen to Press in his interviews and he says "WE" a lot.  But when he was saying "WE" last year (2022), he meant Doug.  This year, when he says "WE" he's talking about his offense.  The Jaguars stopped the signing of Press to the Ravens.  The only way a lateral move can be stopped by the Jaguars in that type of situation is to increase/promote the coach to a higher title/responsibility.  Do you not know about how coaching hires work in the NFL??  

So we retained Press.  We retained him because we denied the lateral move because we were increasing his responsibility!!  Now, while we are a playoff contending offense.  It's not Doug's offense.  You know why?

Because Press Taylor isn't Doug Pederson!!!!!  [BLEEP] figure it out, man.  It's not that hard!!!

The HC formulates the game plan with input from his coordinators and assistant coaches.

you are very confused 

I'd already read all of that stuff. None of it supports your delusion at all. 

You're so delusional you are literally sitting there trying to tell me you know what Taylor means when he utters a pronoun - and that it isn't the actual definition of the word - and that it magically changed to support YOUR delusion. 

Get help.

Jags were due for a crap game.

(11-13-2023, 07:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I think Jim Mora summed it up nicely.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

Is it just me or does the he nail the word ”stunk” at the end?  His delivery of it kills me.

Yeah I quoted my own post. What?

Everything stunk at the game. the Jags, the trillion 49er fans at the game, the weather, everything. Well the beer vendor did an exceptional job in my opinion.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Yea it was just crap allaround

(11-13-2023, 08:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The HC formulates the game plan with input from his coordinators and assistant coaches.

you are very confused 

I'd already read all of that stuff. None of it supports your delusion at all. 

You're so delusional you are literally sitting there trying to tell me you know what Taylor means when he utters a pronoun - and that it isn't the actual definition of the word - and that it magically changed to support YOUR delusion. 

Get help.

This has been my understanding, as well.

None of us knows whether Doug is following or bucking that standard, but the success or failure of the team falls squarely on his shoulders. It's myopic to think that he's going to give someone free reign to submarine any potential explosivity or easier path to wins. Even if Press is the lead formulator of plans and playbook, Doug is signing off on the direction he's taking, or Doug is putting his neck on the line with no control over whether the axe falls or not.

Think about it that way, think about who Doug is, and I don't know how anyone can say that Press is in full control with no input from the HC or even the other assistants.