Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley presser

Quote:I don't see an issue with this unless I'm missing something. You don't always get another shot. That's the lesson. Take what you have and make it count.

it's what gus said, the typical gus speak "WHAT A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE.. GUYS, LISTEN GUYS.. I'VE HAD SO MUCH FUN TODAY THAT IF WE WIN TONIGHT.. I'M GONNA TAKE EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.YOU TO CHUCKY CHEESES

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:it's what gus said, the typical gus speak "WHAT A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE.. GUYS, LISTEN GUYS.. I'VE HAD SO MUCH FUN TODAY THAT IF WE WIN TONIGHT.. I'M GONNA TAKE EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.YOU TO CHUCKY CHEESES
Just curious, but do you want him lighting into his team like Jim Mora, Mike Ditka, or Denny Green?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Just curious, but do you want him lighting into his team like Jim Mora, Mike Ditka, or Denny Green?

I don't know, but those 3 coaches were a hell of alot more successful than dopey Gus and his locker room pizza parties.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Just curious, but do you want him lighting into his team like Jim Mora, Mike Ditka, or Denny Green?

I do.. because obviously the pansy talk isn't working
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I don't see an issue with this unless I'm missing something. You don't always get another shot. That's the lesson. Take what you have and make it count.
Shhh... the pitchforkers need something to wring hands over in the preseason.

We looked like complete crap out there. But to those saying this just shows how poor a coach Gus is don't really know football.

Don't tell me we weren't prepared. First drive we're moving along OK, Yeldon fumbles. (That ain't on Gus)

Bortles and Linder false starting? Not on Gus.

Let me know when Gus made a boneheaded decision during the game. (Maybe he should have let Bortles go out and score against 2's?)

-shrug- same ol same from the MB crowd though. Gotta be super mad and gotta fire someone.

They look that bad to start the regular season, with real game planning and the actual starting order going... I'll get a lil hot under the collar. Until then, people should relax a bit.

Quote:I do.. because obviously the pansy talk isn't working
Cuz it worked so well for those guys. 

C'mon man... coaches that flip out at pressers look like clowns.

And the media makes them infamous over it.

Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were" schtick didn't make AZ any good.

Quote:it's what gus said, the typical gus speak "WHAT A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE.. GUYS, LISTEN GUYS.. I'VE HAD SO MUCH FUN TODAY THAT IF WE WIN TONIGHT.. I'M GONNA TAKE EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.YOU TO CHUCKY CHEESES
hyperbole at it's worst...

You guys are in mid-season form, which is better than the Jaguars I suppose lol

Quote:I don't know, but those 3 coaches were a hell of alot more successful than dopey Gus and his locker room pizza parties.

Quote:I do.. because obviously the pansy talk isn't working

This goes back to a post I made a couple of years back.

In sum, I think fans want their head coach to be an extension of the fans' frustrations.

Substantively, not much is going to get fixed in a post game press conference, even if the head coach is legitimately irate and frothing at the mouth.

While post game press conference meltdowns are entertaining, I'm not sure what they accomplish.  Bradley has failings, but I'm not sure his post game press conference decorum is among them.

Quote:Cuz it worked so well for those guys.

C'mon man... coaches that flip out at pressers look like clowns.

And the media makes them infamous over it.

Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were" schtick didn't make AZ any good.

Yeah, lets keep blowing fluff up these players rears cuz it's working sooooo well..

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 09:25 AM by Ronster.)

There is only one conclusion to be made about last nights game, its coaching stupid. The players are not buying what Gus is selling. A football team is like a small army that you are taking to battle every Sunday. The Jags General (Coach) cannot get some very talented players to even do basic things correctly. I like Gus, he has that Coach look, but there is a HUGE hole in his game. 

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:There is only one conclusion to be made about last nights game, its coaching stupid. The players are not buying what Gus is selling. A football team is like a small army that you are taking to battle every Sunday. The Jags General (Coach) cannot get some very talented players to even do basic things correctly. I like Gus, he has that Coach look, but there is a HUGE hole in his game. 

1.  As to the text in bold, the players have almost uniformly supported him.  Do you have specific examples of players rejecting Gus' philosophies?

2.  As to the underlined text. can you cite specific examples from last night?  It seems to me most of the bad plays came from players that weren't the most talented.

Are you kidding me now? Did you not see the same game I did? We could not stop the run, people out of position all night. Telvin, Poz the whole defensive front... lol... it was a mess. I could go on and on, but maybe you should go back and watch the game again and tell me you think this is a well coached team. Go ahead, I dare ya...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:Are you kidding me now? Did you not see the same game I did? We could not stop the run, people out of position all night. Telvin, Poz the whole defensive front... lol... it was a mess. I could go on and on, but maybe you should go back and watch the game again and tell me you think this is a well coached team. Go ahead, I dare ya...
It was also preseason.... Bengals got blown out by the Bucs last year in game 3 of the preseason.... 

There was a time when Coughlin had players in near revolt, but he WON. It was preseason so I'm not getting fired up about this game, but performances like that get coaches fired.

Gus comes out and says that the defense needs to work on not always arm tackling. Hello!!! That was a problem all last season, but let's fix the problem now, LMAO.

Defense has talent. Offense has talent. Gus NEEDS to put it all together. So far he's failing... Thank heavens that was a preseason game. Total embarrassment on national TV.

This needs to be Jags Tues practice:

[Image: Military_Guys_Carrying_TelephonePoll.jpeg]

One thing Gus said that I do like is is that they have the offenses attention for the next ten days. Maybe, just maybe they will come out against Green Bay with some fire and something to prove....I doubt it, but we will see...

All I'm saying is, the patented Gus Bradley approach has not worked in the last 4 years. We've changed assistant coaches, players ect to no avail..These players are not being coached correctly. Process of elimination has Gus the next to go.. This team is going to lose a lot this season. The hype was exactly what it was, empty hype. This club cannot continue to grow with Gus at the helm.

Quote:Shhh... the pitchforkers need something to wring hands over in the preseason.

We looked like complete crap out there. But to those saying this just shows how poor a coach Gus is don't really know football.

Don't tell me we weren't prepared. First drive we're moving along OK, Yeldon fumbles. (That ain't on Gus)

Bortles and Linder false starting? Not on Gus.

Let me know when Gus made a boneheaded decision during the game. (Maybe he should have let Bortles go out and score against 2's?)

-shrug- same ol same from the MB crowd though. Gotta be super mad and gotta fire someone.

They look that bad to start the regular season, with real game planning and the actual starting order going... I'll get a lil hot under the collar. Until then, people should relax a bit.
There you go being logical.   The good news is I was able to use the third preseason game to improve my ignore list.

Some of ya'll are so used to losing that you find excuses for the excuses now..Sad..

Quote:Are you kidding me now? Did you not see the same game I did? We could not stop the run, people out of position all night. Telvin, Poz the whole defensive front... lol... it was a mess. I could go on and on, but maybe you should go back and watch the game again and tell me you think this is a well coached team. Go ahead, I dare ya...
There are any number of reasons for teams performing poorly in preseason besides players rejecting a coach's philosophy and coaches not being able to get talented players to do things properly.

T.J. Yeldon fumbled on the first drive of the first quarter, but did not fumble at any time afterward.  Could Bradley not get him to hold onto the ball after the fumble?

Mike Fox has taken two different teams to the Super Bowl, and his Bears have been shut out and held to 7 points in successive weeks.  Are they not well coached?

No we could not stop the run this week and against the Jets, but did a decent job against the Bucs this year and most of the season last year.

Again, I never said this was a well coached team.  I just asked you for specifics in the two specific and unusual critiques you cited.