Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This team looked shameful in front of a national audience. Starters stunk

Quote:And preseason. I mean this was Beachum's first live action was it not? This was Luke's first live action at Guard was it not? Did I miss something where preseason games count?

Joeckel falling on his butt. He is what he is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Even though it was preseason, I was really mad at Gus when that TD was taken away because the player didn't report in as eligible.  He needs to take the blame (among other things) for that.

It was good to see our backup QB get a few TDs. I know many people are not a Henne fan, but I still try to root for him despite his struggles since we went to the same high school (although he graduated years after me).  It's a hometown thing, I guess.  The only other big player from my high school was Kerry Collins (same graduating class) and I wasn't a fan of his.

Quote:Joeckel falling on his butt. He is what he is.

I never saw that when he played at tackle so it must mean he is better (not as bad) on the outside.

Quote:I never saw that when he played at tackle so it must mean he is better (not as bad) on the outside.

He was pushed on his rearend as a tackle as well.

Quote:Even though it was preseason, I was really mad at Gus when that TD was taken away because the player didn't report in as eligible.  He needs to take the blame (among other things) for that.

It was good to see our backup QB get a few TDs. I know many people are not a Henne fan, but I still try to root for him despite his struggles since we went to the same high school (although he graduated years after me).  It's a hometown thing, I guess.  The only other big player from my high school was Kerry Collins (same graduating class) and I wasn't a fan of his.

Gus did take the blame for that one. However it is the player's job to tell Tony Corrente he is eligible on the next down.

Quote:And preseason. I mean this was Beachum's first live action was it not? This was Luke's first live action at Guard was it not? Did I miss something where preseason games count?

Beachum held his own, and as usual, Joeckel looked like a joke, so what's your point?

The takeaway here is that Beachum is ready to play LT, Joeckel is not ready to play LG.

Quote:Gus did take the blame for that one. However it is the player's job to tell Tony Corrente he is eligible on the next down.

Head Coaches are responsible for everything, especially fixing sloppy errors.  The Jags were overall sloppy again on many fronts.  The other team was not.  You can only defend the coach for so long before you have to admit the facts.

Quote:Beachum held his own, and as usual, Joeckel looked like a joke, so what's your point?

The takeaway here is that Beachum is ready to play LT, Joeckel is not ready to play LG.

I agree. If they decide to move forward with him, he's going to be on a pretty tight lease. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep a watchful eye on Bernadeau/Reed in the last preseason game to see if they could prove as viable replacement options.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He was pushed on his rearend as a tackle as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if a typical sports card of him is an on-field action shot picture of him on his butt

Quote:I agree. If they decide to move forward with him, he's going to be on a pretty tight lease. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep a watchful eye on Bernadeau/Reed in the last preseason game to see if they could prove as viable replacement options.

I re-watched Reed and Shatley from last week and they didn't really hold their own either.  We are probably going to have a week spot on the line no matter what unless Joeckel magically gets better.

Olley is going to have to keep a RB available to pass protect behind Joeckel if they want to pass moderate/deep routes.

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if a typical sports card of him is an on-field action shot picture of him on his butt

[Image: atkins2.jpg]

[Image: atkins3.jpg]

Quote:Head Coaches are responsible for everything, especially fixing sloppy errors.  The Jags were overall sloppy again on many fronts.  The other team was not.  You can only defend the coach for so long before you have to admit the facts.

Obviously Gus Bradley could have done something to prevent the error. That does not mean Pullard could stand there and hope Corrente got the message from Bradley. It does not work that way - players report themselves eligible.

Quote:Obviously Gus Bradley could have done something to prevent the error. That does not mean Pullard could stand there and hope Corrente got the message from Bradley. It does not work that way - players report themselves eligible.

My point is you don't see this kind of sloppiness with a Belichick coached team, or Coughlin, etc.

Quote:My point is you don't see this kind of sloppiness with a Belichick coached team, or Coughlin, etc.

who would have thought two of the most detailed oriented coaches in league history don't have the same amount of mental errors as a guy in his first coaching stint preaching competition instead of attention to detail.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:who would have thought two of the most detailed oriented coaches in league history don't have the same amount of mental errors as a guy in his first coaching stint preaching competition instead of attention to detail.

Not sure if you're defending Bradley or not...but how's it working out for him so far?

Quote:Not sure if you're defending Bradley or not...but how's it working out for him so far?

You have to wait until New Year's Day to get your answer.

"It's just preseason"  This was a dress rehearsal.  Gus said it himself he wants to see where the team is at against a talented Bengals squad.  If this was a measuring stick game we have a long ways to go.  The first half performace was flat out ugly

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Bradley: "we got punched in the mouth"

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...b00e8268d1

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:[Image: atkins2.jpg]

[Image: ftballcrd_zpsuwdkgppn.jpg]

Quote:Beachum held his own, and as usual, Joeckel looked like a joke, so what's your point?

Isn't Geno Atkins the best player at his position in the NFL? Doesn't he do similar things to even very good guards throughout the season?