Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luke should not be starting.

Quote:I've seen anyone play. Luke is unfortunately the best available.

Nobody who gets knocked down like he did is the best available.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Luke should not be playing at all. He's gonna get Blake killed one or these days.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Just throwing him to guard and hoping that solves anything is borderline malpractice by Caldwell and Gus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

im not sure he makes the team playing like that. it was embarrassing

Sign a gaurd. Any guard

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/gSmUdJ2qPx?ssr=true'>https://t.co/gSmUdJ2qPx?ssr=true</a>

Not good.
Its bad but if you watch it he clearly gets tripped by Linder. Someone in the comments even points it out.

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Who did he go against?
You shouldn't waste your time man. I guarantee you that most of these posters have no clue who Geno Atkins really is.

I'd try and trade him. Even if you get a conditional pick, that's better than nothing. I live in Cincinnati and the announcers here, were focusing on the matchup between him and Geno Atkins. They replayed several plays where Atkins either steamrolled him or where he just whiffed as Geno ran right by him. Obviously, the OG switch doesn't appear to be working either. At this point, I'd be willing to trade a 2017 draft pick to acquire a decent veteran LG. We're good at every other starting position on the O-Line. I'd also look for a new starting Kicker and a backup QB during cuts.

Quote:Its bad but if you watch it he clearly gets tripped by Linder. Someone in the comments even points it out.

This is true.  Linder's left heel appears to glance his right toes as they backpedaled after the snap.  But, the clumsiness of the fall was epic.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Sign a gaurd. Any guard

There were a few released today...

Well, you sure you're not stating the obvious there already? Beachum wasn't signed to back him up. And Wells dinged his thumb right? Just give it time. Because his is coming to an end here.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Sign a gaurd. Any guard
going to have to look at cuts

Quote:going to have to look at cuts
that's what I meant

He's still got time to improve in the position, but if he doesn't, it's worth remembering that we do have a quality left guard on the roster - Brandon Linder. I don't think they will want to abandon their plans to play him at center, but further down the line it might have to be considered.

And on the positive side, thought Beachum did OK in his first outing.

Quote:Just throwing him to guard and hoping that solves anything is borderline malpractice
by Caldwell and Gus
Just wish we can sue them.

Hot take alert:

LJ is a metaphore for the entire team.  The guy has been garbage for a long time.  Over the very recent past, there have been signs of his progress and even a bit of hope that his new position would create the possibility of improved performance.

However, when tasked with playing against top level opponents, LJ is outclassed.  He's gonna do fine against bottom feeders.  Against playoff caliber teams he's gonna struggle mightily.  It's gonna be a struggle to get LJ up to mediocrity levels.  But it appears that's kinda what we are gonna have to shoot for.

Hate to think the answer for a starting LG may be on the waiver wire, but it's reality.  There is no good answer currently on the roster, unfortunately.

For right now, he is the best the Jags have.  It does look like he won't be a new contract after this season and the Jags be drafting a guard very highly in 2017.