Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Steelers 2007 AFC wild card game available on YouTube

The RUN!! Just got to that point of the game lol. I remember that night vividly where I was just in total shock. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think that if the Jags actually had Say A-Rob that year, we could have gone further.

Without question. We were a Dennis Northcutt drop from more intrigue. Jags were decidedly scrappy at receiver in that stretch.

Amazing season and games in Pittsburgh indeed. That earlier snow plow run/D display was so JDR. Glad we are establishing an identity again. Who knew we will become this; a high powered vertical O supported by the run and hopefully, a sound physical D. These are not your fathers' Jags. No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

JackCity, David Garrard and some of us here go way back. His wife, then girlfriend, Mary Caching Garrard, joined the board in his rookie season. Told us about their engagement etc. She would sometimes alert him of moves of the team. When he got his big contract, she called him with the "caching" expression. Him and I also have similar poignant life experiences. As a young fan of the club, I was sort of DG's Leopold, with reasoning Wink.

D6, your classiness and knowledge of personnel is masterclass. An honor to read.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Garrard had mixed review from Jaguar Nation back in the day, but he was a pretty good QB even if he wasn't a superstar.  Until Bortles takes the next step (which he will soon), DG was the second best QB in our history.  He played conservatively true, but some of those passes he made when he had too were pretty sweet.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:The RUN!! Just got to that point of the game lol. I remember that night vividly where I was just in total shock.

I was going wild in my living room.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016, 07:15 PM by GlockBortles.)

Watching this game and MJD/Taylor really makes me miss the days of having an elite rb.

Yeldon and Ivory are cool and all but unspectacular. A truly special running back is just sooo exciting

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016, 07:26 PM by knarnn.)

That first drive was classic bend but don't break, until broken JDR defense.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/8/26/1...ce=twitter

If this doesn't get you ready for football I don't know what will.
Man I hope to see the Jags get back to that form.  That defense was really good.  If not for the dropped TD passes against New England we could of went to the superbowl

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The following season, we were picked by some experts to take the next step to a Super Bowl. All we needed was pass rushers, we drafted Harvey and Groves. It was downhill after that season.

I watched the entire game. Madden sounded sick.

MJD got lit up by Farrior in the 3rd. I mean got bam-boozled!

Derek Landry had a top 5 Jaguar performance of all time.

Taylor 234 vs Pit

Brackens vs Ravens

Smith 291

Stewart 5 TDS

Landry Sack, Int, Fumble Recovery in a playoff game.

It's debatable but definitely a top 10 performance.

My son was at that game with his Steeler fan uncles and cousin, a lowly little Jaguars fan surrounded by a sea of Steelers fans. He still considers it to be one of his best memories of football, even with all the hate he received while at the game. Surprising how hateful grown people can be to a little kid.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 01:59 PM by Geen.)

Oh my god, this is awesome.

Thanks.

Also, damn do I miss those jerseys.....

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

I forgot how many times JDR made the worst challenges. Also that 4th and 2 was probably my most memorable play as a fan, although now almost a decade later, I think we all can admit that Khalif Barnes got away with holding lol
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Quote:Big Ben loved throwing footballs to Rashean Mathis.

The Steelers should have traded for him and made him a WR lol

So true. Mathis owns Ben R.

Those 2 Pitt wins are probably my favorite Jags games.

He owns Maddux too

Quote:I forgot how many times JDR made the worst challenges. Also that 4th and 2 was probably my most memorable play as a fan, although now almost a decade later, I think we all can admit that Khalif Barnes got away with holding lol

While I "might" be inclined to agree with you, it pales in comparison to the facemask that Hines Ward got away with on his TD catch.

So I'd say it's even.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I was at the regular season game that year. I watched this one again today. I can't believe how much of this game I forgot
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I always wonder how things would've been if they don't convert that 4th and 2. Maybe no JDR/Garrard extension, and maybe no decade of completely terrible football to follow. We'll never know.

Quote:I always wonder how things would've been if they don't convert that 4th and 2. Maybe no JDR/Garrard extension, and maybe no decade of completely terrible football to follow. We'll never know.

Coconut wata gone thru his hed.  What does Jack and Dave have to do with the ish that became Jags ball after they left?  They were never laughing stocks in their time.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.