Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is going on with Sheldon Day?

Quote:He might be a candidate for the IR with designation to return. But I am not sure they would use it on him, as he is on one of the deepest positions on the team. I could see him going on IR and Bennett being safe.

I could see that.

I also sort of wonder if they are waiting as long as possible to IR DTR him, lest some vital player on the team gets a 3 month long injury.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 07:09 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:I could see that.

I also sort of wonder if they are waiting as long as possible to IR DTR him, lest some vital player on the team gets a 3 month long injury.

Absolutely.   They won't make that decision until they have to start cutting good players.  August 30, we have to cut to 75, and Sept 3, we have to cut to 53.  

I wonder how a player feels when he is told that, although he could possibly be healthy in a month, he won't be practicing or playing for the rest of the season.  The whole business of "stashing players on IR" is fine if you think of the players as chess pieces, but these are human beings, and they want to play. 

Quote:Absolutely.   They won't make that decision until they have to start cutting good players.  August 30, we have to cut to 75, and Sept 3, we have to cut to 53.  

I wonder how a player feels when he is told that, although he could possibly be healthy in a month, he won't be practicing or playing for the rest of the season.  The whole business of "stashing players on IR" is fine if you think of the players as chess pieces, but these are human beings, and they want to play. 

We all know how players feel about it: very disappointed. They know they can play and help their teams.

Quote:Absolutely.   They won't make that decision until they have to start cutting good players.  August 30, we have to cut to 75, and Sept 3, we have to cut to 53.  

Simply put, Caldwell is a darn good chess player.

'02

Quote:You don't have to make the designation when you IR them anymore.

Say what?

In order for a player to return mid-season, as far as I know you still have to make the designation for him to return, and you can only do this for one player.

'02

Quote:Say what?

In order for a player to return mid-season, as far as I know you still have to make the designation for him to return, and you can only do this for one player.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-from-ir/

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/23/rule-change-could-add-strategy-to-bringing-a-player-back-from-ir/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/23/rule-change-could-add-strategy-to-bringing-a-player-back-from-ir/</a>

This is an awesome rule change. If you have a couple guys healthy enough to return, the decision is not made by what has happened a few weeks ago. How frustrating if you had a DT injured in week 1, but a better one in week 2, both with same timetable to return, but you already tagged DT #1 as your return guy.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

IR him.

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-from-ir/

Thanks!

The Bills employee thought up this rule is a genius.

'02

Quote:Thanks!

The Bills employee thought up this rule is a genius.

That would probably be one of the owners.

Quote:That would probably be one of the owners.

Eh... owners get all the credit. More likely it was his wife, although she;s probably not a Bills employee.

'02

Can anybody tell me why we drafted Day?? When the Oline was a bigger priority?

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 06:16 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Eh... owners get all the credit. More likely it was his wife, although shes probably not a Bills employee.

Mrs. Pegula owns the team along with her husband.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 06:19 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Can anybody tell me why we drafted Day?? When the Oline was a bigger priority?

The plan all year was to draft mostly defensive players.

Ironically the Ravens selected an offensive lineman with our fifth round pick.

Quote:Can anybody tell me why we drafted Day?? When the Oline was a bigger priority?

Well, I'm not an NFL GM, just an armchair NFL GM, but I'm gong to say that they thought Day could be better than the offensive linemen still on the board. That's just a wild guess though.

Quote:Well, I'm not an NFL GM, just an armchair NFL GM, but I'm gong to say that they thought Day could be better than the offensive linemen still on the board. That's just a wild guess though.

Lol.. I can dig that... If we had depth oline.. Unfortunately we had more depth at dline.. Hope it pans out tho..

Quote:Lol.. I can dig that... If we had depth oline.. Unfortunately we had more depth at dline.. Hope it pans out tho..

Both lines needed depth. It was obvious last season we had bigger problems on the defensive side.

Supposedly returned to practicing today. Hoping to see him in action on Thursday.

Quote:Supposedly returned to practicing today. Hoping to see him in action on Thursday.

Good news. So what was all this talk about we might IR him?

Quote:Good news. So what was all this talk about we might IR him?
Well, we didn't know anything did we?

So it was all speculation
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>