Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would you keep on the roster?
Nick Marshall
Corey Grant
[Show Results]

Have To Keep One: Nick Marshall or Corey Grant?

Lol @ nick Marshall being super fast. He's super fast as a qb only.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Because I watch him. And I watch the rest of our defensive backs play, and he's probably the worst one on the team. I don't see Marshall making the team, while Grant probably will.

I watch him too. His worst mistake was on special teams, not defense.

Quote:I watch him too. His worst mistake was on special teams, not defense.

Well, if he's gonna make the team, it'll be because he's good on special teams. He's just another position conversion gone wrong. Atleast this one wasn't drafted.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Well, if he's gonna make the team, it'll be because he's good on special teams. He's just another position conversion gone wrong. Atleast this one wasn't drafted.

He probably was not drafted because of the position switch.

Quote:Let's look at this a little deeper. That is, who is truly more valuable to this team.

Now it's not so much just a question of speed. Yeah, Corey IS the fastest player on the team, but Nick Marshall is probably #2. Heck, he might even be just as fast. We're talking here about world class speed, which only a handful of players at any given time possess. So if it's just a question of speed, you tell yourself CB is more valuable than RB and you keep Marshall. But not so fast. You see, Marshall is buried deep on the depth chart at CB.... so deep that when Colvin returns they'll probably have to waive him due to the roster numbers game that all NFL teams must play. Moreover, he may find himself inactive for much of the season, and you can see on his returns that despite being fast, he doesn't have Corey's.......... .

Lee and D-rob are both faster than Nick Marshall.

Quote:He probably was not drafted because of the position switch.
He was not drafted because he's not good.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:He was not drafted because he's not good.

He was a good quarterback.

Quote:He was a good college quarterback.

FIFY.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:FIFY.
Awww beat me to it.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:FIFY.

Same thing. In college he was a quarterback.

Quote:Same thing. In college he was a quarterback.
Not the same thing.

Not by miles and miles and miles.

You're out of your depth, Donnie.

Quote:Lee and D-rob are both faster than Nick Marshall.

DRob maybe, but not Lee. Lee is barely 4.4 guy, but he's able to maintain his speed in cleats. Benn is actually faster than Lee.

That said, I might have been wrong about Marshall being maybe as fast as Corey. It's not like I've really seen that in him, but I just recall when he was drafted that he was supposed to have unreal speed which is why they made him a CB.

'02

Quote:Let's look at this a little deeper. That is, who is truly more valuable to this team.

Now it's not so much just a question of speed. Yeah, Corey IS the fastest player on the team, but Nick Marshall is probably #2. Heck, he might even be just as fast. We're talking here about world class speed, which only a handful of players at any given time possess. So if it's just a question of speed, you tell yourself CB is more valuable than RB and you keep Marshall. But not so fast. You see, Marshall is buried deep on the depth chart at CB.... so deep that when Colvin returns they'll probably have to waive him due to the roster numbers game that all NFL teams must play. Moreover, he may find himself inactive for much of the season, and you can see on his returns that despite being fast, he doesn't have Corey's vision and natural instincts to truly break out.

Here's the thing...

I'm not looking at Corey Grant and saying he's the next Fred Taylor. I realize he doesn't have the flashy moves and agile cutting ability that starting RBs use to create holes where they might not otherwise exist, and this is what you guys mean when you say "he's not a real RB." But we're not asking Corey to start. We're asking him to play a role... a very key role as a KR and scat back where he should be active most weeks.

We've already seen on returns that Corey consistently picks up good yards, and that he can break out with the sllghtest coverage breakdown. Is he one of the best KRs in the league? Hardly, but he's a good one. You don't see Corey dancing around in the backfield or trying to run around coverage. Rather he fields the ball and takes off downfield in a hurry. I can't tell you how often I yell at the screen for returners to do that instead of running around and losing yards or getting nowhere. Corey gets his yards.

That said, it's as a RB that I'm so excited about Corey. You see, as a scat back they'll put him in special situations... gimmick plays if you will... where he'll get a chance to put his speed to good use. Yeah, you actually have to give Corey a hole to run through. I understand that. But with said hole, you never know where he'll end up. I see him scamper for 6 or 7 yards like it's nothing, and if a defender is late closing his gap, he could go for 80. It's that potential for breakout that has me so excited. He may only get like 5 carries tops in a game, and he probably gets 5 to 10 yards on a couple, and is stuffed on a couple, but that 5th carry is a TD. This is a huge asset for the team compared to a dime corner clinging to his roster spot by a thread and rarely seeing the field.

You're gonna be so sad soon...

Quote:DRob maybe, but not Lee. Lee is barely 4.4 guy, but he's able to maintain his speed in cleats. Benn is actually faster than Lee.

That said, I might have been wrong about Marshall being maybe as fast as Corey. It's not like I've really seen that in him, but I just recall when he was drafted that he was supposed to have unreal speed which is why they made him a CB.
Unreal speed as a college quarterback.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Unreal speed as a college quarterback.

No, I recall them saying stuff like "he's one of the best pure athletes in this draft." I'm thinking he was a db before they ever made him a qb, and that he played qb because that's where his team needed him.

Then again, I just looked up his 40-time and it says he ran a 4.54. I guess I stand corrected. I was totally thinking he was a 4.3 guy, but not even. I did notice a quip that the 4.54 time was one of the fastest times ever recorded for a qb, but even Telvin Smith is faster than that.

'02

*facepalm

I give up.

Marshall. We may need him as a backup QB.

Now it's not so much just a question of speed. Yeah, Corey IS the fastest player on the team, but Nick Marshall is probably #2. Heck, he might even be just as fast. We're talking here about world class speed, which only a handful of players at any given time possess. So if it's just a question of speed, you tell yourself CB is more valuable than RB and you keep Marshall. But not so fast. You see, Marshall is buried deep on the depth chart at CB.... so deep that when Colvin returns they'll probably have to waive him due to the roster numbers game that all NFL teams must play. Moreover, he may find himself inactive for much of the season, and you can see on his returns that despite being fast, he doesn't have Corey's vision and natural instincts to truly break out.

Here's the thing...

I'm not looking at Corey Grant and saying he's the next Fred Taylor. I realize he doesn't have the flashy moves and agile cutting ability that starting RBs use to create holes where they might not otherwise exist, and this is what you guys mean when you say "he's not a real RB." But we're not asking Corey to start. We're asking him to play a role... a very key role as a KR and scat back where he should be active most weeks.

We've already seen on returns that Corey consistently picks up good yards, and that he can break out with the sllghtest coverage breakdown. Is he one of the best KRs in the league? Hardly, but he's a good one. You don't see Corey dancing around in the backfield or trying to run around coverage. Rather he fields the ball and takes off downfield in a hurry. I can't tell you how often I yell at the screen for returners to do that instead of running around and losing yards or getting nowhere. Corey gets his yards.

That said, it's as a RB that I'm so excited about Corey. You see, as a scat back they'll put him in special situations... gimmick plays if you will... where he'll get a chance to put his speed to good use. Yeah, you actually have to give Corey a hole to run through. I understand that. But with said hole, you never know where he'll end up. I see him scamper for 6 or 7 yards like it's nothing, and if a defender is late closing his gap, he could go for 80. It's that potential for breakout that has me so excited. He may only get like 5 carries tops in a game, and he probably gets 5 to 10 yards on a couple, and is stuffed on a couple, but that 5th carry is a TD. This is a huge asset for the team compared to a dime corner clinging to his roster spot by a thread and rarely seeing the field.

It sounds nice in theory, but we have no track record to base all this good stuff on. It's all conjecture. I do remember him costing us the Bucs game last year wit a Pop Warner calibre fumble on a routine pitch play.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I'm keeping both.  I like projects Marshall has had pretty tight coverage even when he has been beat this preseason, he intercepts passes in practice and is an ideal scheme fit size and speed wise. I'd roll into the season with Ramsey, Prince, House, Colvin, Gratz, Marshall.  When Colvin gets back I probably cut Gratz.  By then we may be down a Peyton Thomas or Sample for the year.

As someone said a bit ago Grant is the ideal returner, doesn't dance just goes and gets whats there to be had.  Scheme him 1-3 plays a game.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I don't think either make this roster
A good loser is a good loser