Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars projected 53 man roster after week 1 of preseason according to Big Cat Country..

Quote:I don't think Bernadeau, Bennett or Benn are on the final 53.

It's very, very possible.  Bernadeau seems almost certain to be gone IMO. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If Reed keeps playing like he did Thursday, he is making the team. Right now, I have Bernadeau getting cut. 

They have some tough decisions at WR. What about QB? Allen does seem to have some promise as a backup. I think he is at least making the practice squad. But do they want to risk putting him there for someone to snatch up? 

He has Werner making the team? Hahahahahahahaha!!! 

I don't know if Bernadeau is getting cut just yet, but it's possible. He needs a big game at some point this preseason. I can see a good battle going on between him and LInkenbach for the final spot. What I really don't see is the UDFA Rashod HIll making the roster. I agree with you that Chris Reed appears to have the upper hand on a spot. Hill's best hope is to make the PS.

As for Werner, I think he's put himself on the radar with a good performance, however, he hasn't made the roster just yet. There may be a spot for either Werner or Holmes to claim as the 3rd LEO, but even that's no guarantee. I will say that I believe Werner has surpassed Chris Smith.

'02

Quote: 

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/8/12/1...er-vs-jets

<div style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;margin:25px 0px;font-size:16px;">53-man roster prediction
<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">QB: Blake BortlesChad Henne

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">RB: Chris IvoryT.J. Yeldon, Denard Robinson, Corey Grant

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">TE: Julius Thomas, Marcedes Lewis, Ben Koyack, Braedon Bowman

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">OL: Kelvin Beachum, Luke Joeckel, Brandon Linder, A.J. Cann, Jermey Parnell, Tyler Shatley, Rashod Hill, Jeff Linkenbach, Mackenzy Bernadeau

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">WR: Allen Robinson, Allen HurnsRashad Greene, Marqise Lee, Arrellious Benn

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">LEO: Dante Fowler, Jr., Yannick Nagakoue, Tyrone Holmes

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">DT: Malik Jackson, Roy Miller, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sheldon Day, Abry Jones, Michael Bennett

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">BE: Jared Odrick, Tyson AluAlu, 

OTTO: Dan Skuta, Ryan Davis, 

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">LB: Paul Posluszny, Telvin Smith, Myles Jack, Jordan Tripp

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">CB: Davon House, Jalen Ramsey, Prince AmukamaraNick MarshallDwayne Gratz

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">SS: Johnathan CyprienJames Sample

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">FS: Tashaun Gipson, Peyton Thompson

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">K: Jason Myers

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">P: Brad Nortman

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">LS: Carson Tinker

<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);">Suspended: Aaron Colvin will take over Dwayne Gratz’s spot when he returns.

</div>

This isn't too bad. Was it changed because I only see 5 WRs and no Werner?

The main changes I'd make to keep Brandon Allen over Henne as there is no way Allen is lasting on the PS. I'd also replace Rashod Hill with Chris Reed as I just mentioned. Also, I just don't see them keeping 6 DTs wherein I don't see Bennett making the final roster. I'd rather see them keep a 3rd QB, 6th WR or a 5th S. I'm also at least rooting for someone, even McCray, to beat out Gratz, and for Jarrod Wilson to beat out Peyton Thompson.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 07:43 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:This isn't too bad. Was it changed because I only see 5 WRs and no Werner?

The main changes I'd make to keep Brandon Allen over Henne as there is no way Allen is lasting on the PS. I'd also replace Rashod Hill with Chris Reed as I just mentioned. Also, I just don't see them keeping 6 DTs wherein I don't see Bennett making the final roster. I'd rather see them keep a 3rd QB, 6th WR or a 5th S. I'm also at least rooting for someone, even McCray, to beat out Gratz, and for Jarrod Wilson to beat out Peyton Thompson.
There are two very predictable things about this thread:

1. Your willingness to keep an inflatable sex toy as the backup QB as long as it means Henne is gone.

2. Your belief that trading Corey Grant to the Lions for Barry Sanders in his prime would have been a bad deal...for the Jaguars.

Quote:There are two very predictable things about this thread:

1. Your willingness to keep an inflatable sex toy as the backup QB as long as it means Henne is gone.

2. Your belief that trading Corey Grant to the Lions for Barry Sanders in his prime would have been a bad deal...for the Jaguars.

Now come on... I'd easily make that trade. I'd even trade Sproles for Barry if I had Sproles on my roster.

'02

I believe they will keep 25 offense, 25 defense and the 3 ST's.

I agree with the majority of this list, with a few differences.

Here are my predictions...

2 of these 3 make the roster, will depend if they go 6th WR or 3rd QB

QB Brandon Allen, WR Bryan Walters, WR Arrelious Benn

4th RB is a battle between Gray and Grant..Gray has been injured, Grant flashes in practice, but like last year nothing in games. I think Grant probably needs to be selected as the primary KR to take the 4th spot. Or Gray just cant get healthy.

I think Jacobs as the 3rd TE is all but a lock. He's the only other good "blocking TE" other than Marcedes. At 4th TE, will be either Bowman or Koyak.

Offensive Line, I've seen nothing that tells me Hill is going to beat out Wells or Omameh at OT. If Reed is to make the team, I think he'd make it over Shatley rather than Bernadeau, who also played C during the scrimmage.

On the D side 3rd LEO is a toss up at this point..Have seen nothing of note from Holmes, while Smith have each had small flashes. Smith has been with the team for a bit, Werner is going to really need to outshine him to take the spot in front of him. Holmes seems like an easy PS stash.

DT, I dont see them keeping 6 unless they only keep 2 LEOs and end up counting Skuta or Ryan Davis as the 3rd LEO. With Marks possibly playing Big End, then it probably comes down to Alualu vs. Bennett. Would seem to me Alualu is a bit more versitile (played FB too) and reliable. Bennett needs to show up big unless Day cant get healthy.

LB I think all 6 spots are locked up...None of the other LBs look worthy of being on the field.

S also locked up..Evans is a goner, only way Peyto Thompson doesnt make it is if Wilson keeps flashing.

4th/5th CB (pre-Colvin return) should be Gratz and Marshall as listed...As to who gets cut (post-Colvin) will depend on whos played better on ST between Gratz and Marshall...

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 11:47 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Quote:The main changes I'd make to keep Brandon Allen over Henne as there is no way Allen is lasting on the PS
gotcha..

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 11:48 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Quote:It's very, very possible. Bernadeau seems almost certain to be gone IMO.
bernadeau is old..

Quote:I dont see why and how peyton thompson makes the team

He can hit pretty good. Not sure how he is in coverage.

Quote:There are two very predictable things about this thread:

So true!

Had me dying!

Quote:Good stuff. Let me address things within the quote...

I believe they will keep 25 offense, 25 defense and the 3 ST's.

This would be ideal, but talent decisions trump the numbers game. At times the roster might feature a 26/24 ratio one way or the other.

I agree with the majority of this list, with a few differences.

Here are my predictions...

2 of these 3 make the roster, will depend if they go 6th WR or 3rd QB

QB Brandon Allen, WR Bryan Walters, WR Arrelious Benn

I feel like Brandon Allen is a lock. I'm very impressed with his deep arm and poise in the pocket, and I'm convinced Caldwell will want him developed behind Blake. I can agree that it's most likely two of these three: QB Chad Henne, WR Bryan Walters, WR Arrelious Benn. Of these three, the one I really want to see make the roster is Benn.

4th RB is a battle between Gray and Grant..Gray has been injured, Grant flashes in practice, but like last year nothing in games. I think Grant probably needs to be selected as the primary KR to take the 4th spot. Or Gray just cant get healthy.

Grant's speed on offense is too much of a threat to pass up, and he's already a huge threat at the KR spot. DRob looked good in the scrimmage, but he wasn't all that against the Jets. I think he's got the edge over Gray, but I'm convinced that Grant has the 4th RB spot locked up and that the real battle is between DRob and Gray.

I think Jacobs as the 3rd TE is all but a lock. He's the only other good "blocking TE" other than Marcedes. At 4th TE, will be either Bowman or Koyak.

I've long been impressed with Jacobs size and blocking ability, but he's not all that athletic for a TE and his hands are rock hard. The guy I'm truly impressed with is Braedon Bowman, and I believe the undrafted rookie will make the roster. His athleticism puts Koyack and Sterling to shame. I agree that Jacobs edges out Koyack and Sterling for a spot, but I truly believe the other spot is going to Bowman

Offensive Line, I've seen nothing that tells me Hill is going to beat out Wells or Omameh at OT. If Reed is to make the team, I think he'd make it over Shatley rather than Bernadeau, who also played C during the scrimmage.

Interesting take. I have no idea why BCC picked Hill to make the roster. If there was an undrafted rookie OL to make it, I figure it would be Pearce Slater. Wells is making the roster, and I'm thinking Reed will to. For whatever reason they seem to like Shatley, but he looks like garbage to me. I see him whiffing in pass protection and getting zero push in the run game. I don't know if playing Center is why he's struggling, and if so perhaps they should end the experiment. On the bright side, I did notice he was able to pick up his zone blocks. Meanwhile, Omameh is an intriguing veteran option, and so is Linkenbach.

They'll likely keep four backup OLs with Wells taking one spot. That leaves three spots wherein I'll rank the contenders according to what it appears the team is thinking... 1. Reed 2. Shatley 3. Omameh 4. Bernadeau 5. Linkenbach  ... Unless they do something remarkable in the next game, I'm basically ready to cut Kadeem Edwards and Rashod Hill. As for Slater, I'm guessing Caldwell has a PS spot reserved for him. 

On the D side 3rd LEO is a toss up at this point..Have seen nothing of note from Holmes, while Smith have each had small flashes. Smith has been with the team for a bit, Werner is going to really need to outshine him to take the spot in front of him. Holmes seems like an easy PS stash.

Holmes was actually getting some pressure from the OTTO spot, and I still think he has an outside shot at making the roster. I've never been all that impressed with Chris Smith, and the same goes for this game. He looks more like a fat DT than a DE, and quite frankly I'm ready to part ways with him. I'd rather see Holmes or Werner make is as the 3rd LEO should they even keep that many. The numbers game makes it tough. Come to think of it, with Fowler and Yannick at LEO, and with Skuta and Davis at OTTO, they may want one more guy who can play both LEO and OTTO. Holmes just might be that guy.

DT, I dont see them keeping 6 unless they only keep 2 LEOs and end up counting Skuta or Ryan Davis as the 3rd LEO. With Marks possibly playing Big End, then it probably comes down to Alualu vs. Bennett. Would seem to me Alualu is a bit more versitile (played FB too) and reliable. Bennett needs to show up big unless Day cant get healthy.

Totally agree they only keep 5 DTs. We know they're set with Malik, Miller III, Jones and Day. Marks of course would be the 5th DT leaving Bennett the odd man out, however, there is a rumor that the Caldwell may be attempting to trade Marks.  Alualu is their backup strongside DE and he doesn't really have a challenger for the role making it tough to part with him. If Chris Smith is to make the roster, maybe he can try to supplant Alualu as the backup strongside DE, but I don't believe he has it in him to do that.

LB I think all 6 spots are locked up...None of the other LBs look worthy of being on the field.

S also locked up..Evans is a goner, only way Peyto Thompson doesnt make it is if Wilson keeps flashing.

I agree that the 6 LBs are locked up with Telvin, Poz, Jack, Skuta, Davis and Tripp. The only possible challenger might be Armbrister who flashed at OTTO meaning he can now play all three LB spots. That said, it would be tough to keep a 7th LB.

I don't see S all that locked up. The first three spots are locked up with Gipson, Cyp and Sample, but there appears to be an all out battle between Thompson and Wilson for the backup FS spot. Meanwhile, Evans and Wolff are making some of their own noise, and you almost wonder if they might just keep a 5th S instead of a 7th LB or an extra LEO/OTTO player.

4th/5th CB (pre-Colvin return) should be Gratz and Marshall as listed...As to who gets cut (post-Colvin) will depend on whos played better on ST between Gratz and Marshall...

Marshall is developing nicely, but I still like McCray over Gratz. That said, the undrafted rookie Briean Boddy-Calhoun has stood out as well, and might just snag that 5th spot.

'02

Quote:This isn't too bad. Was it changed because I only see 5 WRs and no Werner?

Gotcha.. I put Patrick omameh on the depth chart.. Took out rashod hill replaced him with josh wells.. And got rid of Michael Bennett which sucks but what can u do.. Keeping six dt's is probably not gonna happen..

Quote:I don't think Bernadeau, Bennett or Benn are on the final 53.
I think Bennett is gone.. Bernadeau possibly but no way benn goes..

Quote:Gotcha.. I put Patrick omameh on the depth chart.. Took out rashod hill replaced him with josh wells.. And got rid of Michael Bennett which sucks but what can u do.. Keeping six dt's is probably not gonna happen..

I see Chris Reed making the roster. The question is, who does he beat out between Omameh, Bernadeau and Linkenbach?

'02

Nice list but we HAVE to keep Walters over Benn. Walters has Wes Welker like hands. 

The way Lageman and Boselli talked about him Thursday night, Chris Reed probably makes this team. Might even start on opening day.  If that happens, Bernadeau probably gets cut. 

If FS Jarrod Wilson keeps making plays, could he be kept over Thompson?

The 6th LB spot is the other big question mark to me.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016, 02:39 PM by HolsterHusto.)

I'll give it a stab.

QB - B.Bortles, C.Henne, B.Allen (PS) - 2

RB - T.Yeldon, C.Ivory, D.Robinson, C.Grant (KR) - 4

WR - A.Robinson, A.Benn, B.Walters, T. Washington (PS) - 3

WR - A.Hurns, M.Lee, R.Greene (PR) - 3

TE - J.Thomas, B.Bowman, N.Sterling (PS) - 2

TE - M.Lewis, N.Jacobs - 2

LT - K.Beachum, J.Wells(IR), J.Linkenbach - 2

LG - L.Joeckel, C.Reed - 2

C - B.Linder, L.Bowanko (PUP), T.Shatley - 2

RG - A.Cann - 1

RT - J.Parnell, P.Omaheh, R.Hill (PS) - 2 (Probably will pick up an OT in the waiver wire)

Total - 25

LEO - D.Fowler, Y.Ngakoue, T.Holmes (PS) - 2

DT - M.Jackson, S.Marks, S.Day, M.Bennett - 4

NT - R.Miller, A.Jones, R.Ash (PS) - 2

DE - J.Odrik, T.Alualu - 2

WLB - T.Smith, J.Tripp - 2

MLB - P.Poz, M.Jack - 2

OTTO -D.Skuta, R.Davis - 2

CB - D.House, P.Amukamara, D.Gratz, M.Hilton (PS) - 3

FS - T.Gipson, P.Thompson, J.Wilson (PS) - 2

SS - J.Cyprien, J.Sample - 2

CB - J.Ramsey, A.Colvin (SUS), N.Marshall - 2

Total - 25

K - J.Myers

P - B.Nortman

LS - C.Tinker

Quote:I see Chris Reed making the roster. The question is, who does he beat out between Omameh, Bernadeau and Linkenbach?

Maybe he has to beat Linkenbach, but he's clearly already ahead of him on the depth chart if he got the nod vs the jets. 

Omameh seems to be vying for a depth swing tackle job, and I think it was him I saw letting pressure through at RT vs the Jets when Allen was at QB. 

Also - if the team is looking at Beatty - that means they don't like their current depth behind the injured Josh Wells.

So Omameh is probably gone soon as well. 

Bernadeau apparently has just been plain disappointing in camp, so I doubt he rebounds enough to compete for a spot.

Quote:I think Bennett is gone.. Bernadeau possibly but no way benn goes..

Are you keeping Benn over Walters, or going with 6 wideouts?

Caldwell, all but specified 5, including Walters. I'd like to have both.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Nice list but we HAVE to keep Walters over Benn. Walters has Wes Welker like hands. 

Walters vs Benn is such a tough one for me that I'm inclined to want to find a way to keep six WRs so they can keep them both.

I see Walters as an ideal slot WR, but then again I see Hurns and Greene in the same light making Bryan somewhat expendable. Walters indeed has sure hands and a knack for knowing where the first down maker is. My only gripe with him is that he's a traditional drop-and-fall WR with zero YAC ability, and he rarely gets deep.

Benn is a traditional split-end with the speed and ability to get open deep down the sideline, and he will make the huge catches. He's a great backup in my mind for ARob which is a position of need.

'02