Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Corey Grant is not an NFL running back

I think he makes the roster as the 4th RB/KR. I don't think he's that great of a football player, but neither Gray or Banyard offer special teams value. Atleast from what I've seen. They did Grant on kickoff team... although it looked like he ran out of his lane on the first big return.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He had 5 touches for 32 yards. That isn't bad for a 3rd string back and far more productive than D-Rob was last night.

I know. DRob looked great against our D in the scrimmage, but against the Jets #2s he was just ok at best.

'02

I feel bad for any RB that has to be evaluated running behind our back-up O-line :/

Quote:I feel bad for any RB that has to be evaluated running behind our back-up O-line :/

True that. At least D-Rob was playing behind the starting unit which was kept in there when #2s went in.

'02

Lol he's third string MAYBE. Who cares

Id like to see a screen to him when the d blitz with a 5 or 6 man rush

He was running behind an atrocious 3rd string O Line. I really don't think any back would have done too much better. I think Grant needs some plays with the 1's.

It doesn't even matter. He may play a game or 2 throughout the season.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 02:35 AM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:Corey Grant isn't a rookie, but yeah, you can't learn all that much from what he did last night besides "he's still really fast."

AP never played against backups after that. Tongue

Point was that even 3rd string defenders can tackle running backs as good as AP.

He will be a special teams/depth guy at RB and probably our starting KR. He and Denard have to play this battle out.

No pain, no gain.

It will work itself out.  If Grant is no better than D-Rob on kickoffs he might be in trouble. 

The fumble against the Bucs last year still looms large in my mind, but I'm sort of at peace with it because of the draft that we had as a result. Grant will have to make the squad on special teams. I think that Ivory/Yeldon/Robinson have locked up three roster spots and he and Jonas Gray will be fighting for the last RB spot.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

5 rushes for 9 yards against scrubs, this guy is awful.

Jury is still out on Grant

He is battling Banyard for the last spot I guess? Have to think Grant has the upper hand there.

Wish we kept Gray and just hand kickoffs to Greene but as a RB4, not a big deal I just think this guy is a waste of a roster spot.

Quote:Wish we kept Gray and just hand kickoffs to Greene but as a RB4, not a big deal I just think this guy is a waste of a roster spot.

Gray is on IR

Quote:Wish we kept Gray and just hand kickoffs to Greene but as a RB4, not a big deal I just think this guy is a waste of a roster spot.

Grant is the only one returning kicks (when the first team is out there). Hopefully we never have to see him on offense. I think the only reason Greene isn't returning kicks too is because he will have a role on offense. Grant is pretty much just a kick returner.
No commercial messages in sigs

Grant also had a nice 20-yard catch and run, and one of his rushes was a nifty 6-yard scamper.

'02

Quote:Grant also had a nice 20-yard catch and run, and one of his rushes was a nifty 6-yard scamper.

It's okay to admit when you're wrong. Grant will never see the field as an actual running back, he's that bad.