Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For submission to the "what coulda been" files...

Quote:NFL Network has a series called, "A Football Life," where they profile players and teams. They had a show on Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell.

Jimmy Smith addressed any number of topics on that show, including his time in Dallas, which according to him is when he started using drugs.

He also addressed his retirement. He indicated he had not tested positive for cocaine when he retired.

He said he was "tired." He said he was tired the year before and was tired that off season. Take that for whatever it's worth to you. He seemed forthcoming throughout to me, but given the nature of addiction, you never know about these things.

They interviewed Coughlin, Brunell, Boselli and Keenan about Jimmy Smith, and to a man they indicated they knew nothing about his drug use and were floored by the charges. They all hope he gets/keeps it together. Smith said he had people within his circle that would have held him accountable, had he not hidden his addiction so well. After years, however, he stopped caring.

It was my first time seeing it, and it was a very good documentary. Some great memories that still give me goosebumps to this day, along with some painful, cringe inducing stuff, too.

That pretty much ends the J-Smooth topic.

Let's ponder another whata coulda been....

For the OG fans, and fans of history, I give you the thought, what could have been if Tavian Banks didn't blow out his knee at the rookie probowl?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Astrorenegade, one minor point of correction.

Tavian Banks did not blow his knee out in the rookie Pro Bowl.  He suffered his knee injury during a regular season game against Atlanta in 1999, due to a cheap shot by Falcons' CB Ray Buchanon along the sideline.

You are thinking about Robert Edwards.

To answer your closing point  I think he could have made a huge difference against Tennessee.  He was our version of Darren Sproles.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Astrorenegade, one minor point of correction.

Tavian Banks did not blow his knee out in the rookie Pro Bowl. He suffered his knee injury during a regular season game against Atlanta in 1999, due to a cheap shot by Falcons' CB Ray Buchanon along the sideline.

You are thinking about Robert Edwards.

To answer your closing point I think he could have made a huge difference against Tennessee. He was our version of Darren Sproles.

I always make that mistake lol.

Yea, his change up with Freddy was great. If I'm not mistaken we had Mack as our bruiser at the time too. Nice combo of backs.

Quote:I always make that mistake lol.

Yea, his change up with Freddy was great. If I'm not mistaken we had Mack as our bruiser at the time too. Nice combo of backs.
It's understandable.  All of them (FT, Edwards and Banks) entered the NFL the same year (1998).  All of them were good and explosive backs.  I liked all three of those guys when they were coming out of college.

Two of them suffered cruel, career ending injuries way too early in their careers.

I think Mack arrived in 2000-2001.  He was a nice power back.  Not entirely sure what became of him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:To answer your closing point  I think he could have made a huge difference against Tennessee.  He was our version of Darren Sproles.

Indeed, and now we have Corey Grant.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's fast.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]