Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Here Are the Actresses Who Could Play a Female James Bond

Quote:It seems like a move like this, or like making Captain America a homosexual, or anything of the sort, does nothing to add to the character and only serves a political agenda. It's one thing to want to have groups like this represented in media, but it's another to change the makeup of an already established character.

Bingo.  I would make more of a comment, but I don't want to force this thread to the Political Forum.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 05:11 PM by Kodiak.)

And people try to make it into an issue of morality, but it's really not. It's about the characters that this new movement is going to destroy. The best example of this, in my mind, is Thor. Marvel recently started an entire new line where the main version of Thor (including crossovers), who is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, is a woman. This despite the fact that Thor has never, both in modern comics or Norse mythology, been anything other than a male.

People see this character that has always been a specific way and think it's a problem rather than the natural spirit of the character. And instead of creating a new, equally as cool intellectual property, they twist the ones that already exist.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:And people try to make it into an issue of morality, but it's really not. It's about the characters that this new movement is going to destroy. The best example of this, in my mind, is Thor. Marvel recently started an entire new line where the main version of Thor (including crossovers), who is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, is a woman. This despite the fact that Thor has never, both in modern comics or Norse mythology, been anything other than a male.

People see this character that has always been a specific way and think it's a problem rather than the natural spirit of the character. And instead of creating a new, equally as cool intellectual property, they twist the ones that already exist.

And I haven't bought one.
Huh

Quote:It seems like a move like this, or like making Captain America a homosexual,
I'm sorry, WHAT?!

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 09:11 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:James Bond bores me..

..There I said it.
It annoys me there is no real continuity between movies
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 06:42 AM by Caldrac.)

Tired of it. Just leave it alone. Where do you draw the line with these casting choices and concepts folks? As Art Mooney once said:

"What's next?...... "The Last Black Man On Earth" - Starring - Tom Hanks". 

Just stop it. Stop trying to ruin classic characters with ridiculous agendas. There is a reason why the newly depicted Ghostbusters was critically slammed when the cast was announced and the previews were displayed. Look, I get it. Women are people to. And I have NO PROBLEM with that. I am a big fan of Game of Thrones and some of the characters in that show are amazing. Brienne of Tarth. Very original character. Cersei Lannister. Very original character. Arya Stark and Sansa Stark, etc. Good female characters in ORIGINAL roles. 

I don't mind movies about women. I am a big fan of the Girl with the dragon Tattoo series. Great movie. Great role. I love movies with Meryl Streep. I didn't mind the Charlize Theron portrayal in the Mad Max movie. That was normal. People forget in the 80's outside of Mel Gibson strong women characters like Tina Turner and the children who helped him escape were also casted into those movies. So it fits the narrative. 

It just bothers me that Hollywood has to try to "gender bend" classic, iconic movies and roles. James Bond is a man's man. Leave it alone. You've had Tomb Raider and you've had the Resident Evil movies. Leave it alone..... 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

What's next? "Escape from Miami" Starring Jennifer Lawrence as Snake Plissken? 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

"Rocky" starring Sean Hayes.

[Image: cbf2469edff8866ee3f806cdba6d25d3.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Tired of it. Just leave it alone. Where do you draw the line with these casting choices and concepts folks? As Art Mooney once said:

"What's next?...... "The Last Black Man On Earth" - Starring - Tom Hanks". 

Just stop it. Stop trying to ruin classic characters with ridiculous agendas. There is a reason why the newly depicted Ghostbusters was critically slammed when the cast was announced and the previews were displayed. Look, I get it. Women are people to. And I have NO PROBLEM with that. I am a big fan of Game of Thrones and some of the characters in that show are amazing. Brienne of Tarth. Very original character. Cersei Lannister. Very original character. Arya Stark and Sansa Stark, etc. Good female characters in ORIGINAL roles. 

I don't mind movies about women. I am a big fan of the Girl with the dragon Tattoo series. Great movie. Great role. I love movies with Meryl Streep. I didn't mind the Charlize Theron portrayal in the Mad Max movie. That was normal. People forget in the 80's outside of Mel Gibson strong women characters like Tina Turner and the children who helped him escape were also casted into those movies. So it fits the narrative. 

It just bothers me that Hollywood has to try to "gender bend" classic, iconic movies and roles. James Bond is a man's man. Leave it alone. You've had Tomb Raider and you've had the Resident Evil movies. Leave it alone..... 
When they cast Michael B Jordan (who I loved in the Friday Night Lights series) as Johnny Storm and didn't explain how he, a black guy, was Sue Storm's sister, very much a white girl, I decided I wasn't going to watch it. Ends up it sucked anyway from what my friends who saw it said. Had he been cast as Reed Richards or Ben Grimm I wouldn't have cared. Or had they explained that Johnny was adopted, which what the intent was but was never said in the movie, I wouldn't have cared. 

At one point Andrew Garfield of The Amazing Spiderman said he would be cool with Peter Parker being gay or bisexual- I was like- what? A huge part of Peter's story is Mary Jane and his love for her. 

The thing with female Thor is just ridiculous. 

I take issue with rewriting characters who have a LONG history of being who they are for the sake of making groups of people feel accepted. If that's what it takes to make you feel complete then there are deeper issues. And that goes for changing anything to make something more PC. Could you imagine the black, asian or hispanic version of Dukes of Hazzard? Or the white, asian or hispanic version of Sanford and Son?

I'm open to a female James Bond. I've never really been enthralled into The Bond Series in the first place, so if they're trying to hit a certain niche market, they're peaking interest. Of course the prerequisite for the leading Bond woman, she has to get nekkid..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The best part about a lady bond, lady doctor, homosexual captain american, whatever, is watching the usual suspects head's explode in rage. 

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 08:38 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:When they cast Michael B Jordan (who I loved in the Friday Night Lights series) as Johnny Storm and didn't explain how he, a black guy, was Sue Storm's sister, very much a white girl, I decided I wasn't going to watch it. Ends up it sucked anyway from what my friends who saw it said. Had he been cast as Reed Richards or Ben Grimm I wouldn't have cared. Or had they explained that Johnny was adopted, which what the intent was but was never said in the movie, I wouldn't have cared. 

At one point Andrew Garfield of The Amazing Spiderman said he would be cool with Peter Parker being gay or bisexual- I was like- what? A huge part of Peter's story is Mary Jane and his love for her. 

I take issue with rewriting characters who have a LONG history of being who they are for the sake of making groups of people feel accepted. If that's what it takes to make you feel complete then there are deeper issues. And that goes for changing anything to make something more PC. Could you imagine the black, asian or hispanic version of Dukes of Hazzard? Or the white, asian or hispanic version of Sanford and Son?

Exactly. It doesn't add up. And it's a slap in the face to a classic or long lasting legacy that already has a big enough fanbase as it already stands. That's what truly bothers me. Where are all of the brilliant screenwriters or story writers now in Hollywood? Where is the next James Bond? Where is the next Indiana Jones? Or Rocky? Or Godfather? These writers need to get back to the drawing board, dust off an old typewriter and put some original thoughts with original characters into an actual mind gripping story. Stop rehashing classics. It's played out now.

Quote:When they cast Michael B Jordan (who I loved in the Friday Night Lights series) as Johnny Storm and didn't explain how he, a black guy, was Sue Storm's sister, very much a white girl, I decided I wasn't going to watch it. Ends up it sucked anyway from what my friends who saw it said. Had he been cast as Reed Richards or Ben Grimm I wouldn't have cared. Or had they explained that Johnny was adopted, which what the intent was but was never said in the movie, I wouldn't have cared. 

I know right?  Like if they recast The Thing with Two Heads as two lesbian white women.   It just don't make sense. You don't do that to such a sacred character.

[Image: MV5BODg2NzUyNzAxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzUy...@._V1_.jpg]

Quote:I know right? Like if they recast The Thing with Two Heads as two lesbian white women. It just don't make sense. You don't do that to such a sacred character.

[Image: MV5BODg2NzUyNzAxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzUy...@._V1_.jpg]

I officially have to see that movie now..

1 seeder.. Might take a while..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The best part about a lady bond, lady doctor, homosexual captain american, whatever, is watching the usual suspects head's explode in rage.

Portland....says it all.
Huh

Female James Bond makes no sense at all.   Think of who James Bond is: handsome, athletic, can handle himself in a fight, sexually aggressive.  That is the fantasy self of most men.   That is not a woman.  

Quote:Portland....says it all.
That's deep.... Some would say, water deep?

What if they cast a pigeon to play Howard the Duck?  A folding chair to play John Wick??  This is some scary stuff.

Quote:That's deep.... Some would say, water deep?

lol
Huh

Quote:Exactly. It doesn't add up. And it's a slap in the face to a classic or long lasting legacy that already has a big enough fanbase as it already stands. That's what truly bothers me. Where are all of the brilliant screenwriters or story writers now in Hollywood? Where is the next James Bond? Where is the next Indiana Jones? Or Rocky? Or Godfather? These writers need to get back to the drawing board, dust off an old typewriter and put some original thoughts with original characters into an actual mind gripping story. Stop rehashing classics. It's played out now.
They did more or less rehash "Rocky". Only they called it "Creed".

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.