Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On paper are we there best team in the AFC?

Oh my...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I mean I'm excited for this season but come on people....

Pats are the cream of the crop.

For [BLEEP] sake can they get to .500 first?
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

We could easily have the best defense.

Maybe the AFC South, but no, the Patriots, Broncos,Chiefs, steelers, and Bengals are still teams to watch, and with better rosters. Plus, we don't know if Gus is THE guy... we shall find out.
No commercial messages in sigs

On paper, we are the best team in the world, but that's just on something I drew.

Quote:We could easily have the best defense.

Slow down man.

My gosh, this rookie class didnt even play a down yet.

Id say on paper we have the best in the AFC South....but obviously paper is different than game day. As far as the whole AFC? Id still list us around 8 at best. NFL? Maybe around 15-20?

Quote:Id say on paper we have the best in the AFC South....but obviously paper is different than game day. As far as the whole AFC? Id still list us around 8 at best. NFL? Maybe around 15-20?

Sounds reasonable.

Best team in the AFC on paper? Not quite. I'd still give the nod to New England until Brady retires. Denver is right behind them. Kansas City and Pittsburgh as well. Baltimore and Cincinnatti are better on paper. Injuries hurt them last year. Not lack of talent.

I am not saying we shouldn't be excited. Because we should be. Our team is still young. And our fans need to realize that. 2016 SHOULD be the next step in the right direction. I don't expect us to be world beaters by any means but I could live with seeing us as the 2015 version of the Jets in 2016. Basically meaning we're in contention for a play-off spot all the way through week 17. We will need some luck to get in this year.

Here is what you want to see though. You want to see how well this team plays against OAK and MIN this year. These are both young teams just like us with similiar circumstances. I'd like to see us beat those teams. Then I want to see how well this team can hoid up against a Superbowl caliber defense like Denver. And lastly, I want to see this team travel out West to San Diego and walk out of there with a win for once.

I think 8 - 8 is reasonable. Anything above .500 and we've overachieved as a young football on offense and even younger on defense.

Anything less than .500 and Gus Bradley must be released. Caldwell will have to figure out the right man for the job this time. Personnel wise he deserves to stay though.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 10:24 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

We should be a top 5 team in the AFC, period. I am not in the crowd of "hoping for 8-8" but telling on previous seasons, we will likely hover that win total or just below it. Unless Gus and his staff take a step forward in game prep, clock management, and decision making I feel like we will be the same inconsistent, unprepared looking group we've seen for the past 3 years. The talent is definitely top 6 in the AFC on paper, and barring a massive mishap in coaching we should land somewhere in that top 6 given the roster this team has now. No more excuses, we have a very good core group of players on both sides of the ball. 

The team has the talent on the roster now it is up to coaching to coach them up... that is where people fear things go wrong..

We will have to wait and see. Chuck Knoll started off rough in Pittsburgh during his first three years. Rooney stuck it out and the rest is history for them. It took Landry in Dallas six long years before he finally broke through and out as a coach. Bill Walsh struggled his first two years in SF. Carroll had his moments early on in SEA and got lucky in year three with Wilson. So, it could go either way with Bradley. But I agree with most folks around here. The talent is there. The offense has it. The defense was just tremendously upgraded between the free agency signings and draft choices. Bradley doesn't really have any more room for excuses this year.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I still can't believe we have....Ramsey, Fowler, Jack,Jackson, Gipson, Smith

All on one team.

On paper, I think it looks a lot like 12 wins, 36 loses .250% winning....

Pump the bleepin brakes, Team is still young and a with a bunch new pieces thrown together it might take time especially for some of the rookies.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Quote:As long as there's another team in the AFC that has Tom Brady, we will not be the best team in the AFC.  
So you're saying that for four brief, shining weeks we could be the best?

Brady has to have flat balls for his small hands.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016, 01:29 AM by Marvsin.)

Best team in the AFC (SOUTH). There fixed. I don't see us being better than the Pats and  Steelers quite yet.