Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 5 needs after FA and the draft

Quote:This is the first time depth has been on out top 5 needs

Except for kicker because Myers sucks in chip shot range.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Except for kicker because Myers sucks in chip shot range.
We just signed his replacement. Book it.

I wouldn't list SS yet. It's up there depending on how the improved surrounding cast effects Cyp/Sample. But it's not the #1 need.

Right now Center is the biggest. Or guard if we move Linder. Then just quality OL depth all the way around (which we might actually have, Shatley, Wells, Bo)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We just signed his replacement. Book it.

Oberkrom is just a camp leg. We signed him to compete so Myers can improve his short range kicks.

I'd give Slauson a look for sure

Totally cool with Slauson being added.

1- Center

2- Left Tackle

3- Starting Linebacker (Sam/Otto or Mike in 2017)

4- Linebacker depth

5- Number 2 TE (I like Jacobs however)

Quote:Except for kicker because Myers sucks in chip shot range.
Seems like a mental thing. The question is whether he can overcome it??

Quote:Seems like a mental thing. The question is whether he can overcome it??

Hopefully the addition of Oberkrom will help Myers overcome whatever "mental thing" is affecting him at the 15-yard line.

1. Center

2. Left Tackle

3. Leo?

4. Strong Safety

5. Tight End

You guys that hate Cyp do realize he was asked to make up for the flaming heap of garbage we had at FS, right?

I'm not saying he's been Kam back there but having to focus on your job and someone else's clearly can affect your concentration level.

Lets give him at least a few games in '16 before pronouncing him dead in the water.

Quote:I wouldn't list SS yet. It's up there depending on how the improved surrounding cast effects Cyp/Sample. But it's not the #1 need.

Right now Center is the biggest. Or guard if we move Linder. Then just quality OL depth all the way around (which we might actually have, Shatley, Wells, Bo)

I think the Jaguars are high on Shatley, higher than Bowanko even. He's strong, a gamer, and has had a few years in the system now. It's Shatley's time to shine. I'm not worried about O-line depth. It's a solid line, especially if Beachum wins or Joeckel has muscled up to win the job and play to his potential. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:Every team has wholes and weaknesses, I say our only need now is "wins"

This

Quote:The bears just released veteran OG Matt Slauson. He would be a good pickup.

Why did they release him? Cap space?

1) Interior OL - it will either be Center, or if Linder or Cann is moved to center, then Guard.

2) OTTO - We still haven't got the prototypical OTTO player. I think MLB is fine with Jack and Tripp. Maybe Skuta and the guy from Montana can hold this position down.... but I could see this being addressed in next year's draft... if Gus is still here.

3) Kicker & Punter - I have a feeling both will suck this coming season. I hope Meyers finds his consistency.

Other than that, it's really just depth. We need LB depth, TE depth, Safety depth, LEO depth, and OL depth.

CB, DT/big end, WR, RB are loaded.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Oberkrom is just a camp leg. We signed him to compete so Myers can improve his short range kicks.
I disagee, Oberkrom was a top 5-7 kicker going into the draft. He's got more chance of beating out Myers than Myers had of beating out Scobee when Myers was signed.

Quote:I think the Jaguars are high on Shatley, higher than Bowanko even. He's strong, a gamer, and has had a few years in the system now. It's Shatley's time to shine. I'm not worried about O-line depth. It's a solid line, especially if Beachum wins or Joeckel has muscled up to win the job and play to his potential. 

If I had a nickle for every time I heard the Jaguars were high on some flaming piece of crap, I'd be a billionaire.  

But to answer the original question, more along the lines of, where do we still need to improve, I'd say starting offensive line and depth at linebacker. 

Quote:Why did they release him? Cap space?

They signed his replacement in Cody Whitehair and can save about $3.5 mil releasing him.

0- Super Bowl Caliber Head Coach

1- LT

2- Center/Guard (whichever spot Linder doesn't play)

3- Kicker

4- SS (Unless Sample or Cyp pan out)

5- Depth/Future Replacements (LB, O Line, TE, DE)

We have Beachum and Joeckel. LT shouldn't be such a high need for people.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS