Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Productivity and Consistency: Stats & Analysis

Quote:Let me be clear for the special eds... Im talking about pick sixes... Turnovers that resulted in the other team scoring... Lol hows that buddy?
Man give it up because despite his turnovers blake bortles is pretty good so get over it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Let me be clear for the special eds... Im talking about pick sixes... Turnovers that resulted in the other team scoring... Lol hows that buddy?

Speaking of special ed, looks like you could stand to actually read the article, if you can read, that is.

Quote:Speaking of special ed, looks like you could stand to actually read the article, if you can read, that is.

Lol why do i need to read the article more ? The nfl dont use this ... No point.. Blake is gonna be great but he is not their now... He still have flaws... Sorry to break your heart.

Quote:Man give it up because despite his turnovers blake bortles is pretty good so get over it.
yeah thats true.. My point is if u gonna do a statistical analysis, all points should have been included..

Dude is good 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Has anyone ever looked at Bortles' situational stats? Specifically the "points differential". Here is a link to ESPN.com where they break it down. 

It's good, that there isn't much drop off between when the Jags are ahead or if the score is even & when the Jags are behind... as far as completions go; TD:Int ratio, ypa, & passer rating. However, there is a drop off. 

Wait... I kinda messed that up. There is a significant difference. Seems like Blake only plays well when the Jags are getting schooled. 

Take a look at Bridgewater. Not as big a difference. 

Mariota looks similar to Bortles by point differential.

ImATexan

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2016, 03:55 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

Where are you this getting schooled stat? Seems like he played much better in the 2nd half of games

Quote:Where are you this getting schooled stat? Seems like he played much better in the 2nd half of games

Schooled, playing from behind, second half of games... for all intents & purposes same thing when concerning the Jags 2016. 

Garbage time is another term frequently used. 

ImATexan

Quote:Has anyone ever looked at Bortles' situational stats? Specifically the "points differential". Here is a link to ESPN.com where they break it down. 

It's good, that there isn't much drop off between when the Jags are ahead or if the score is even & when the Jags are behind... as far as completions go; TD:Int ratio, ypa, & passer rating. However, there is a drop off. 

Wait... I kinda messed that up. There is a significant difference. Seems like Blake only plays well when the Jags are getting schooled. 

Take a look at Bridgewater. Not as big a difference. 

Mariota looks similar to Bortles by point differential.

The striking thing about the stats really is just how few attempts Bortles even had the chance to throw with the team holding a lead. Around 70% of his throws were while the team is losing. Not sure why you think him having his most success when the team needs him to have the most success is bad, but whatever.

Quote:The striking thing about the stats really is just how few attempts Bortles even had the chance to throw with the team holding a lead. Around 70% of his throws were while the team is losing. Not sure why you think him having his most success when the team needs him to have the most success is bad, but whatever.

He's operating within the "his numbers only come in garbage time" fallacy.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:We don't deserve him.

If only we had a thread to vent about that exact topic... hmm.

Quote:He's operating within the "his numbers only come in garbage time" fallacy.

Not at all. Trailing doesn't mean getting blown out.
ImATexan

Math formulas for QBs proves that nerds love football too...

Lol at Bridgewater, so horrid, leading his overly talented team to 11 wins, 1st place in division ahead of Packers, with a 1 pt loss in the playoffs.

If Blake was in Minnesota, with AP, and that exceptional D, what do you think their record and final output would have been? Prolly 13 wins, and conference championship? Factoring all aspects of their game.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.