Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You ready for the bandwagoners?

We have been losing so long it's hard to remember what winning feels like.  The bad news Jags.   This should be the year.  

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You know what I'm ready for? The 1,000's of fans who are all geeked up on the media hype who will throw a temper tantrum and jump off board, again when/if we only win 5-8 games.

Quote:I don't understand the disdain for bandwagon fans. How else does someone become a fan of a team?

Well, typically if you live somewhere you have a right to be a fan of the local team without the bandwagon label, and this applies even if you've recently moved. A bandwagon fan would be, say a guy in St. Louis who no longer has a team and basically needs to choose a new team. The Chiefs would likely be his default home team, but he just doesn't care for them. As he looks around the league for a new team he falls in love with Jacksonville and becomes a fan. Now, had he chose the Chiefs you could just say he was a disenfranchised Rams fan with a new home team.

'02

Big talk considering we still have not won anything. We've already made the playoffs and it's not even May yet. All this media hype is setting this team up for failure.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

The train is still squarely in the station ready for any and all to board.  It doesn't leave until we start winning consistently.

Quote:I should have also mentioned how Khan brought fans from London, and for that matter from Austrailia and other parts of the world, on board the bandwagon more recently.

Just London? What about Norwich, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Walthamslow, Great Yarmouth, Bristol...

Er, yank...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Just London? What about Norwich, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Walthamslow, Great Yarmouth, Bristol...

Er, yank...

I included them under "other parts of the world."

'02

Quote:This team will soon be a new hot craze in the league where people who shed their jerseys every season will pretend to have been on board from the start. Actual fans will be called bandwagoners because we have been a minority for so long and people don't believe we exist. It's coming y'all...

In my care list, this is probably right above martian rats attacking my dog.

Quote:You know what I'm ready for? The 1,000's of fans who are all geeked up on the media hype who will throw a temper tantrum and jump off board, again when/if we only win 5-8 games.

Yup. People need to curb their expectations. I was a STH during this team's worst 5 years of existence (which still continues), and every off-season it was "this is the year...". And now we have speculation about bandwagon fans. Do you people never learn?

I would think the majority of a team's fanbase started off as bandwagon fans. People naturally like well played football. Look at the popularity increase of some of the more historically bad teams. The Pats, Saints, Seahawks ect ect.. Not everyone is die hard at first.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:You know what I'm ready for? The 1,000's of fans who are all geeked up on the media hype who will throw a temper tantrum and jump off board, again when/if we only win 5-8 games.
this.

So you're essentially saying that you're excited to see the team fail just to see the fans reaction on the board. Interesting.

You guys do know this up and down arguing and reactions happen on every single NFL message board? You want to see a meltdown? Go read the Browns board or some random treadmill team like the Chargers.
Shock the world

Im gonna cringe inside when people call me a bandwagoner. Been on this train since 07.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:So you're essentially saying that you're excited to see the team fail just to see the fans reaction on the board. Interesting.

You guys do know this up and down arguing and reactions happen on every single NFL message board? You want to see a meltdown? Go read the Browns board or some random treadmill team like the Chargers.

Where did he say he was excited?

I teach in an Elementary school and I can tell you that kids these days all start out as bandwagon fans and then stick with those teams. You would be shocked at the amount of Golden State Warrior, Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawk fans.....

Its fun to get some hype this off season but let some wins come before we start to talk bandwagon

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Man we deserve a medal for best fan base. Its been pretty rough the last couple of years

I don't welcome St. Louis fans. Back when James Orthwein (married the Busch/Budweiser family I believe) owned the Patriots, he tried to get league approval to move them to St. Louis and was thwarted. I think everyone here knows the Jaguars/Mr. Khan/St. Louis story, they were waiting with open arms to take the Jags to St. Louis.

Plus the Cards beat the Red Sox in the '67 Series but:

Sox over Cards in 2004 WS

Sox over Cards in 2013 WS

Bruins over Blues in 1967 for Stanley Cup

Rocky Marciano of Brockton, Mass beat some St. Louis tomato can for the title

Celtics beat St. Louis Hawks for an NBA title in '55 (?)

They didn't support the Rams. They made their bed, let them lie in it. Go Jags.  Jacksonville Jags.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

In today sports world with all games in HD television and tickets to games costing $$$$$.  People only wanted to attend games when a team is good is not very unusual.  The days of Cubs' fans going to games when their team stinks are over.  I personally have tried to attend at least one Jags game a year even though I don't live in Jacksonville anymore.  I even attended a game when I lived up Ohio for a year. 

Born and raised in Jax so I guess I've been a fan my whole life. But I didn't start really paying attention to the team until maybe 07