Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So why haven't we cut Justin Blackmon yet?

Were basically holding on to him so the Patriots don't pick him up and whip him into shape lol.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why not? keep him? Hold his rights until he is 40 and then cut him. Do not allow him to weasel out this contract to go play in the CFL or for another NFL club. He either rehabs and fulfills his contract, or he will never play another down in the NFL. That simple. 

Quote:Why not? keep him? Hold his rights until he is 40 and then cut him. Do not allow him to weasel out this contract to go play in the CFL or for another NFL club. He either rehabs and fulfills his contract, or he will never play another down in the NFL. That simple.

Nanananananannanaaaaaiiilleeedd it.

It would be epic if he came back as a complete turn-around story with lighting-fast speed.

They'd have to call him greased lightin'.

And when he runs with the ball like rifle-shot across the field, the shocked fans would have to shout "Dear God!, Sweet Jesus!, and the Blackmon!" 

But that's only in the movies.

Quote:At this point he's just taking up a number. The guy is never coming back and we don't need him. Is there a purpose to holding on to him?
Having him on the team gives the GM & HC another excuse for failure?

Quote:They keep him around to annoy fans like the OP.
That was supposed to be a secret, why did you tell him?

Quote:Blackmon is still with the organization. He designed the helmet.
No he didn't it would've had a place to store his stash!

Quote:How about we trade him to XYZ team for a first and a third?  After all, it works in fantasy land (Madden).
I think Madden even gave up on Justin Blackmon (not in the game anymore)...

Quote:we need his supplier so we can catch the big fish
Hilarious!! 

Quote:Blackman

Robinson

Hurns

Wilford

Walters

Greene

Wildord? Ernesto Hoost?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:That was supposed to be a secret, why did you tell him?

Already stated it doesn't annoy me. Just curious is all. When players on other teams get into this kind of trouble they are cut and sent packing even if the position isn't stacked by any means. It's the organization taking pride in itself by implementing the behavior will not be tolerated and your talent isn't above our standard for how the franchise is viewed. The likelihood of Blackmon playing for us or anyone else is slim to none at this point anyway. 

Quote:Already stated it doesn't annoy me. Just curious is all. When players on other teams get into this kind of trouble they are cut and sent packing even if the position isn't stacked by any means. It's the organization taking pride in itself by implementing the behavior will not be tolerated and your talent isn't above our standard for how the franchise is viewed. The likelihood of Blackmon playing for us or anyone else is slim to none at this point anyway. 
I don't think the team is sending any sort of message here.  I just believe they've decided that there's no point in doing anything right now.  He's not costing them a penny, and he's not taking up a roster spot.  If he never comes back to the game, it has no impact on the team at all.  If he does get reinstated by the league, that's when they'd probably make a move to unload him.  It doesn't sound like there's any impending return for Blackmon, so doing nothing seems to be the proper course of action.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Already stated it doesn't annoy me. Just curious is all. When players on other teams get into this kind of trouble they are cut and sent packing even if the position isn't stacked by any means. It's the organization taking pride in itself by implementing the behavior will not be tolerated and your talent isn't above our standard for how the franchise is viewed. The likelihood of Blackmon playing for us or anyone else is slim to none at this point anyway. 
What exactly is it hurting to retain the rights to the player?

A. He doesn't cost the team a dime in pay.

B. He doesn't cost the team a roster spot.

C. He doesn't cost the team any PR headaches. (He is an afterthought to most. Had you not brought it up in this thread, nobody would have likely given this a moment's thought.)

So, what does the team stand to gain by cutting the player? Just one tangible thing. That's all and I'll shut up and agree with you.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:His jersey is still available at the Jaguars store.....seriously....for 99.99.  In black or white and they have stock.

http://shop.jaguars.com/NFL_Jacksonville...ame_Jersey

Go figure.  Rolleyes
I'm curious to see their sales of that.  If they are trying to clear out their inventory, they are going about it all wrong.  Unless you get like someone's great grandma that randomly buys her grandson a jersey, I don't think anyone is going to pay $100 for that.  Even $25 is debatable.

Are they still trying to get some ched back?

He's still on the roster to remind the current players of how a star player can ruin their football career with a few bad decisions. The poster child for career fail.

[Image: giphy.gif]

That's an interesting question. I didn't know they hadn't cut him. The only possible reason I can think of for not cutting him yet is that he still has access to help he wouldn't have access to if he is cut.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2016, 01:54 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:What exactly is it hurting to retain the rights to the player?

A. He doesn't cost the team a dime in pay.

B. He doesn't cost the team a roster spot.

C. He doesn't cost the team any PR headaches. (He is an afterthought to most. Had you not brought it up in this thread, nobody would have likely given this a moment's thought.)

So, what does the team stand to gain by cutting the player? Just one tangible thing. That's all and I'll shut up and agree with you.

Can't we play this game both ways? So essentially keeping him is the same as not keeping him? So why not just let him go? What tangible thing do we gain by retaining him? Is there a bigger chance he plays football again or gets arrested again? I'm just trying to figure out the logic here.

As long as he is affiliated with the Jaguars club he will be a PR stain for us. "There goes the No. 5 overall bust by the Jags getting arrested again..".

Quote:Can't we play this game both ways? So essentially keeping him is the same as not keeping him? So why not just let him go? What tangible thing do we gain by retaining him? Is there a bigger chance he plays football again or gets arrested again? I'm just trying to figure out the logic here.

As long as he is affiliated with the Jaguars club he will be a PR stain for us. "There goes the No. 5 overall bust by the Jags getting arrested again..".
Again, what do the Jags gain by cutting ties with Blackmon? I don't think the team is concerned about any PR with the guy. He hasn't seen the field with the team in ages. Holding the rights to him is the right thing to do. There is that one in a million chance he makes it back. I don't think he will, personally, but if he does, he would help another team and the Jags get zip, zilch, nada for it. That's why they don't let him go.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We're still doing Blackmon threads?

:blink:

They need somebody who knows how to score some good weed

Cut him.................................no.....really , I'm talking cut his [BLEEP] with a prison shank.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Buy low sell high.

No point in giving away a stock at zero. Even if you think it's never gonna rebound.

Of course, in this instance Jags bought pretty high and will end up holding/selling extremely low. But, ehh.