Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Realistic target for 2016

Quote:Where we have been and the schedule this year and some of the improvements our opponents have made, 8-8 will be a big success this year. Saying they have to have 10 wins and a playoff is a must will set yourself up for disappointment.

Exactly, people just see the additions and think they'll gel from the get go, it will still take time to become consistent. Everyone else has strengthened (not to our extent). It will be tough but I still fancy us to clinch the division.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 08:23 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

8-8 is the target IMO. Remember. Gus Bradley is coaching this team. I know the freshness of the wounds from his ineptness have worn off because it is April, but try to put yourself back in the moment of some of his coaching gaffes.

8-8 and he keeps his job, but I think 7-9 is the number.

Also, I think this is finally the year that more people jump on the Oehser is bad luck bandwagon. Got a bad feeling it will really rear its ugly head this season.

Bottom line. Don't expect real improvement until Gus and John are gone.

Target is 9-7.  Each side of the ball should be improving. 

Quote:Where we have been and the schedule this year and some of the improvements our opponents have made, 8-8 will be a big success this year.  Saying they have to have 10 wins and a playoff is a must will set yourself up for disappointment. 
So after 4 years..... 8-8 is your goal? Sorry... Thats having a loser mentality. This division is weak. If the players do continue to progress there is no reason in the world we can't win 10 games. Our schedule isn't even that hard. NFC North? Bears Lions and Vikings? All winnable. AFC West? Chargers Chiefs Broncos (no QB) Raiders? All winnable. 6 division games? All winnable. Bills and Ravens? Winnable.

Obviously we won't win all those games but there should be no reason at all to not set the bar high. I would expect Gus to have his eyes on the division and the playoffs. If he doesn't, I would hope he is fired and a coach comes in who can actually put the players in the best position to win.

Quote:So after 4 years..... 8-8 is your goal? Sorry... Thats having a loser mentality. This division is weak. If the players do continue to progress there is no reason in the world we can't win 10 games. Our schedule isn't even that hard. NFC North? Bears Lions and Vikings? All winnable. AFC West? Chargers Chiefs Broncos (no QB) Raiders? All winnable. 6 division games? All winnable. Bills and Ravens? Winnable.

Obviously we won't win all those games but there should be no reason at all to not set the bar high. I would expect Gus to have his eyes on the division and the playoffs. If he doesn't, I would hope he is fired and a coach comes in who can actually put the players in the best position to win.

We aren't the only team that got better. It is hard to win 10 games in this league. Also, the guys on the other side of our schedule are saying it isn't hard either.

You say after 4 years, an 8-8 goal is a loser mentality? When looking at the last 3 years under Gus, it is actually a pretty lofty goal.

Quote:We aren't the only team that got better. It is hard to win 10 games in this league. Also, the guys on the other side of our schedule are saying it isn't hard either.

You say after 4 years, an 8-8 goal is a loser mentality? When looking at the last 3 years under Gus, it is actually a pretty lofty goal.
Yes. It is a loser mentality. If your goal after 4 years is to be mediocre, thats a very low goal. I understand Gus is still the coach but this organization stuck with him. He needs to win and he needs to win this division. Other teams have gotten better because thats what happens in the off season but the wins need to come. 

Will it happen? Who knows but the expectation needs to be set high. It shouldn't be set low at 7-9 or 8-8 because if we do achieve that, there will absolutely be 2-3 games where we go "man, we should have won this game. If we did, we would have been in the playoffs." We need to win those close games.

another one of those 5-11 again because Bradley is the Head Coach. lol

Quote:8-8 is the target IMO. Remember. Gus Bradley is coaching this team. I know the freshness of the wounds from his ineptness have worn off because it is April, but try to put yourself back in the moment of some of his coaching gaffes.

Also, I think this is finally the year that more people jump on the Oehser is bad luck bandwagon. Got a bad feeling it will really rear its ugly head this season.

Who is john?

Quote:Who is john?

John Oehser.

Quote:Yes. It is a loser mentality. If your goal after 4 years is to be mediocre, thats a very low goal. I understand Gus is still the coach but this organization stuck with him. He needs to win and he needs to win this division. Other teams have gotten better because thats what happens in the off season but the wins need to come.

Will it happen? Who knows but the expectation needs to be set high. It shouldn't be set low at 7-9 or 8-8 because if we do achieve that, there will absolutely be 2-3 games where we go "man, we should have won this game. If we did, we would have been in the playoffs." We need to win those close games.

I think 6 to 8 wins maximum. It's going to be tougher than people think.

Quote:8-8 is the target IMO. Remember. Gus Bradley is coaching this team. I know the freshness of the wounds from his ineptness have worn off because it is April, but try to put yourself back in the moment of some of his coaching gaffes.

I remember going to Jaguars homepage and reading the questions people would ask Vic. When he left and Oehser came in, I think I read the column twice and never been back. cant stand the guy.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I remember going to Jaguars homepage and reading the questions people would ask Vic. When he left and Oehser came in, I think I read the column twice and never been back. cant stand the guy.

I miss reading about how great Franco Harris was and getting overhyped about Jaguars undrafted free agents.

;

;

Anything less than 10 wins is a failure.  The time for excuses and low expectations is over.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I think 6 to 8 wins maximum. It's going to be tougher than people think.
You can think 6-8 wins but that shouldn't be the expectation this year. Not after the way the offense played last year and all the additions we will add to the defense. I mean we had 5 wins last year with a historically bad defense. And now all we can muster up is 1-2 more wins? That's setting the bar awfully low.

Realistically 4-6 wins...gotta learn to keep that bar low. 

Quote:Realistically 4-6 wins...gotta learn to keep that bar low. 

Still "improvement" technically, right?

I'm thinking around .500. Talent wise, we are up there with Houston. We will see what Gus can do, but Houston has the better coaching staff.

Indy has one of the worst GMS in the league. Luck will get killed behind that line, again.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Still "improvement" technically, right?

Yep, should be enough to get Gus an extension

Quote:You can think 6-8 wins but that shouldn't be the expectation this year. Not after the way the offense played last year and all the additions we will add to the defense. I mean we had 5 wins last year with a historically bad defense. And now all we can muster up is 1-2 more wins? That's setting the bar awfully low.

With the Improvement of the offense, and the coming together now of the defense that is why I say no more than 9 maybe even 10 wins. But you have to give the defense time to come together

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 01:16 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:What are your realistic targets for this year? Despite the Jags having a much stronger team this year I still think we struggle to make the playoffs. The fixtures are much harder than last year and our division seems slightly stronger than last year also.

Don't shoot me down, I'm not saying we won't make the playoffs I just think we need to stay grounded and not get carried away. Unless we get Bosa in the draft, go ahead and get carried away!
I honestly dont think we need Bosa to make the playoffs.. Hes overrated and slow in my opinion... I think grounded is at least going 8-8 .. Nothing less.. Nail this draft and the playoffs will be short reached!