Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yet another thread looking at Blake Bortles' TDs

Plus BB is only 23 years old with a very young WR core group that started off the season with a lot of dropped passes (can you imagine if they hadn't)? - yet AR & AH got good/elite towards the end of the season

He played behind a weak Oline (but improved from his rookie year yet still below average OLine overall with the Center even causing turnovers twice).

He had a very bad run game going for him and a new OC this year..... (yet better OC than rookie year)...

To make more excuses his elite TE was injured for over half the season to start.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Less concerned about garbage time TDs than INTs. He's got all the tools and generally makes good decisions with the football but it's going to be hard for this team to make the playoffs if he doesn't shave off some of those INTs from his season total this year.

He shouldnt have that many ints. Due to habing a better running game.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I only count 0 garbage time TDs. I thought you made every attempt to score until the clock said 0:00 in the 4th. Is garbage time a separate quarter or something crazy fans make up?

This what i was thinking.. Garbage time is when you are actually winning the game, in a blowout fashion late... The jags didnt have that last year...

Indeed we did have a game where we blew out the other team, the 2nd Indy game. as mentioned, Blake tossed 2 TD's late in that game.

Quote:Less concerned about garbage time TDs than INTs. He's got all the tools and generally makes good decisions with the football but it's going to be hard for this team to make the playoffs if he doesn't shave off some of those INTs from his season total this year.

After the last few years of watching Gabbert and Henne (and maybe even Gerrard) I'm happy to overlook the high INT number as he was exciting to watch and broke the franchise TD record.

Hopefully an improved run game will help cut down on some of those INT's. It definitely looked and felt like Blake was trying to do too much at times (throwing into double/triple coverage).

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2016, 02:42 PM by Joe.)

Quote:According to some, it would appear.

I guess that means his (and other QBs) pick 6's in "garbage time" don't count, either.
Lol good thing I didn't point garbage time INTs out in my OP, or the fact that I'm a huge Blake Bortles fan ya window licker.

What's the point of any thread on this board? To have a conversation? Sorry, everyone back to the Tom Brady/ Von Miller for Blake Bortles threads.

A couple ints were Blake just being to confident in his own arm. He had a couple throws where he absolutely threaded the needle and completed the pass but you also saw that turn into ints sometimes. Check out his Top 10 highlights from last season made by  the NFL

Quote:Shouldve just kneed the ball. No point in scoring during "garbage time" since the defense isnt really playing and those stats dont count.
i think it is a learning experience for when its needed to win games

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:Oh sorry for the confusion, the term " Garbage Time" has been around since the beginning of football.

Quote:I seriously doubt this, but I get your point. I prefer a glass half-filled, so I look at it as Blake and the rest of the offense competing until the final whistle.
The phrase <i>garbage time</i> is one of a number of commonly used basketball terms, each of which is thought to have either been coined by broadcaster Chick Hearn, or first given widespread exposure through Hearn's adoption of it for use during his broadcasts.<sup>[5</sup>

so sometime after the 50's and before the 2000's.

Also....

<b>Garbage time</b> is a term used to refer to the period toward the end of a timed sporting event that has become a blowout when the outcome of the game has already been decided, and the coaches of one or both teams will decide to replace their best players with substitutes.<sup>[1]</sup> This serves to give those substitutes playing time experience in an actual game situation, as well as to protect the best players from the possibility of injury.<sup>[2]</sup>

A score that gets you within a score and gives you a chance to tie or take a lead shouldn't be considered garbage time.

Neither should a score with a lead while starting defenses are going against ya.

So... I'd say Bortles had... like 5 or 6 "garbage time" TDs.

And yeah... every QB has em...

Peyton Manning had a nasty one, in a Superbowl.