Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pete Carroll believes the Jags will "take off" in 2016

Quote:To be honest everybody say this every year about the jags...

I mean not really...

Do you really not believe we will take a big step forward this season? I personally think we are pretty stacked, but it's up to the coaches to put it all together and execute late in games.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I mean not really...

Do you really not believe we will take a big step forward this season? I personally think we are pretty stacked, but it's up to the coaches to put it all together and execute late in games.
People just don't understand that this roster is now loaded

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2016, 09:58 AM by haveaseat.)

Carroll threw the ball on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl.

Quote:People just don't understand that this roster is now loaded

I believe it's loaded, but we still have plenty of question marks, especially on defense.
Shock the world

Quote:Do you mean Bradley back to Seattle or Carroll to JAX?

I could imagine a few coaches salivating at the idea of having this roster and the potential that it possesses.
potential... such an interesting word.

In my hand I hold a piece of coal. Given the proper environment, it has the potential to become a diamond. Given another type environment, it could be used to heat a home. As it is, it's just a piece of grimy, dirty, stone that makes a mess just about anywhere it lands.

I notice that there is a great deal of similarity between the Jacksonville Jaguars and a common piece of coal. They both have great potential with many possible jewels in the rough. But most of the time, they just make a mess.

For them to become diamonds will require time and pressure. Diamonds require millions of years to form... let's hope that's not the case with the Jags.

Quote:Carroll threw the ball on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl.
With Beastmode in the backfield...

it's not like he had T-Rich....

By "take off" he means winning maybe 6 games.

Quote:By "take off" he means winning maybe 6 games.
if you believe that then why you're fan because your act isn't funny. 

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2016, 04:31 PM by Caldrac.)

Anything is possible. This team really doesn't have a choice but to take off this year for Bradley and Caldwell's sake. It's pretty clear they're trying to emulate the Seahawks now. Ivory will be our Lynch while Yeldon still develops. Robinson could still surprise and offer some speed here and there on certain drives. It's just a matter of two things this year. Defense and Ball security. That was our problem last year. If we can keep the offensive production the same and scale the turnovers back. And if the defense can be at least middle of the pack instead of towards the bottom. We could probably win 9 games this year and a play-off spot.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Dude's on crack.

Quote:if you believe that then why you're fan because your act isn't funny. 

Twice today my funnies have been shot down. (sigh)  Time to get a real job, I suppose.

Quote:Twice today my funnies have been shot down. (sigh)  Time to get a real job, I suppose.

That's the best thing you said all day

Quote:That's the best thing you said all day

You're the second person who has told me that today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0

The Jaguars will win this year, this is the year, it could happen!

Quote:I don't belieave what pete carrol says. now if bill belchicnk was to say that i would belieave it.

What if Jeff Fisher said it?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jaguars can't fly.

Quote:I think Carrol is just drunk off the Gus Juice.  There are big questions that won't be answered to the end of the season.

1. Did Fowler stay healthy and live up to expectations?

2. Did the team find a pass rusher?

3. Did the team find two consistent starting safety's?

4.,Did the young players show Growth?

The expectations should be .500 or better.  Lots of money spent and lots of high drafted players on the field.

If not for the disappointment Jaguars fans have had for many seasons,   I think the expectations for the team from a consensus standpoint would be at the very least a 9 win season with realistic playoff expectations.   Even with the current questions regarding the Jaguars pass rush,   the overall roster from a talent and depth standpoint has made substantial improvement since the time of the 2014 Draft.   

Assuming the Jaguars 2016 draft results are at least league average in terms of rookie performance and the team's injury situation is in the middle of the league or above,   I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jaguars won 10 games and even a playoff game.   Especially,  if Dante Fowler Jr. displays the natural talent that he had prior to the knee injury he suffered last May. 

These guys think Carroll should take off.

[Image: bob_doug_hosers.jpg]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Pete wants to clarify his remarks he meant that they would take off to another city to live... joke

Well to be perfectly honest if we don't "take off" Its hard to blame it on the talent on the field. We are in fact rich in talent everywhere but edge rusher.. I am not a Gus supporter and was hoping there was an off chance he was going to be fired this off season... But here he is, for 2016, getting one more shot to make a good portion of us believers. Prove me wrong Gus!