Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Sample has all-pro potential as a strong safety (especially in this scheme)

Cyp's problem isn't that he's lacking 10-12 pounds...

His problem is his inability to tackle.

All this talk of moving him to LB, and how playing closer to the line will cause him to excel just boggles my mind...

All it means, is missing the tackle that much sooner.

As for Sample... I haven't seen anything to cause hype yet, so I'll just hope your hype is right! 

Now pass the Kool-aid!

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sample over Cyp, but I still hope we draft Karl Joseph.  I think KJ has the potential to be an All Pro

I agree with the OP. I think there will be a real competition at SS if Sample is healthy. He could fit the role perfectly.

Quote:"potential"

^ That's the word you're ignoring.

Now have a glass:
[Image: aqua-lemonade.jpg]

Yeah lol

Some people need to gimme a break. Sample when he played didn't play particularly well, and then was hurt.

Let's curb our expectations for him a bit.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Now have a glass:
[Image: aqua-lemonade.jpg]

Awesome! That's a big enough glass to make us think we have the next "Ronnie Lott" coming off of the bench, lol.

Drink up!

Quote:Nice knowing there's an All-Pro sitting on the bench...I wish I hadn't run out of my Teal Koolaide.

And some poster said Cyprien will be a pro bowler sooner or later. 

This place is always great to get good laughs, these guys are hilarious.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:Yeah lol

Some people need to gimme a break. Sample when he played didn't play particularly well, and then was hurt.

Let's curb our expectations for him a bit.

You say this with conviction, but can you give us an example of how Sample didn't look particularly good to you? Do you remember a specific play?

Quote:You say this with conviction, but can you give us an example of how Sample didn't look particularly good to you? Do you remember a specific play?

His coverage in man to man looked pretty tight but he did get a few penalties against him for hitting before the ball arrived.

Other than that i thought he was solid

Well, with his injuries last year I don't think we even had a small sample of what he's capable of doing. *ba-zing!*

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Sample over Cyp, but I still hope we draft Karl Joseph.  I think KJ has the potential to be an All Pro

I'd personally like to see Killebrew.  Dude is a beast.

PA Jags Fan
;

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2016, 08:49 AM by SuperJville.)

Quote:You say this with conviction, but can you give us an example of how Sample didn't look particularly good to you? Do you remember a specific play?
I remember him looking bad quite a few times with poor decision making and penalties in his very limited role. He played on the day New England put 51 on us.. And didn't impress, (most didn't that day to be fair).

I said he didn't play particularly well and I think most objective people would agree with that.

Do you remember any specific plays or games that made him look like a future all-pro?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I remember him looking bad quite a few times with poor decision making and penalties in his very limited role. He played on the day New England put 51 on us.. And didn't impress, (most didn't that day to be fair).

I said he didn't play particularly well and I think most objective people would agree with that.

Do you remember any specific plays or games that made him look like a future all-pro?
Whoa! A rookie taken in the 4th round looked rough at times?!

Everyone in the NFL has potential.

That being said Sample is a very talented athlete who will be a very good player so long as he stays healthy.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Where is this Cyprien at linebacker thing coming from? Do you really want Cyprien's main responsibility to be tackling and pursuit angles?

Quote:Whoa! A rookie taken in the 4th round looked rough at times?!
Didn't stop people from saying he has "all pro-potential".

I like Sample as much as the next guy, but saying he has "all-pro potential" is a shot in the dark at best. There are hundreds of "James Samples " in the NFL

It was several months ago but I believe he was forced into action against the Dolphins and gave up a TD to their tight end.

;

;

Quote:Didn't stop people from saying he has "all pro-potential".

I like Sample as much as the next guy, but saying he has "all-pro potential" is a shot in the dark at best. There are hundreds of "James Samples " in the NFL
There was one person on here saying All-Pro. Probably said it so that later down the road, if it happens, he can show everyone how smart he is.

No idea about Sample but I can tell you this.... Cyprien or Sample will have a MUCH easier job now that Gipson is in the backfield.

Quote:There was one person on here saying All-Pro. Probably said it so that later down the road, if it happens, he can show everyone how smart he is.

No idea about Sample but I can tell you this.... Cyprien or Sample will have a MUCH easier job now that Gipson is in the backfield.
Yea, I meant that it didn't stop the OP from saying the "all-pro" thing, no idea why I implied that a lot of people say that.

For your second point however, Gipson won't help Cyprien tackle or pursue better. If Cyprien hasn't upgraded his play substantially this offseason, he's done in my book.

Quote:There was one person on here saying All-Pro. Probably said it so that later down the road, if it happens, he can show everyone how smart he is.

Again... and as Joe said...

Gipson is not going to suddenly make Cyprien a better tackler.

Cyp's primary issues were taking TERRIBLE angles and failing to tackle.

Sample hasn't really had a chance to impress or depress me... but nothing really gives me reason to think of him as some All-pro, or even starting quality at this point.  So far we've had 2 examples.  The 51 point beat down by New England, and Miami's TE burning him for a TD.  What we don't have, is an example of him playing well.

This is why I want Killebrew in the draft.

PA Jags Fan
;