Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Made Deal to Make Sure Michael Sam Did Not Go Undrafted

Quote:This seems like a Goodell thing to do.

The league office should not, outside of long established rules governing draft eligibility/ineligibility, manipulate, coerce or otherwise influence NFL teams draft day decisions.

And I doubt very seriously that the League Office did as much.

Let's not forget a key thing here folks, and that is that the "boss" doesn't work out of the NFL Offices in New York. The "boss" is with the 32 Owners of the teams, Goodell is simply the Tony Soprano to the Owner's Junior. Can you imagine the reaction in Dallas if they got a phone call from Goodell telling Jerry Jones that bad t'ings would 'appen if they don't draft someone?

Just seems like it's a little more than an improbable situation to me.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll break this down.  There is no way the NFL did not already know.  They may as well be the FBI.  Wasn't this already well known in college?  How possibly could he have played for an NFL team and kept this secret?  Seriously?  He didn't "come out", he just let everyone else know what 32 NFL teams already did.  

(yes I'm speculating but so is the OP)

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016, 02:21 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Why was there a need for him to "come out"?

Me personally, I can really care less what lifestyle a player chooses to live as long as it's within the law.  The only reason that anyone talks about him then or now is because of his "coming out".  I can't fault teams shying away from him because of the media circus and at the same time, he caused it.

Why do people pretend like their view of the world is everyone elses?  You say you don't care, but many people do care.  If Michael Sam came out as gay or just one day was seen holding hands and kissing another man, it was going to be news.  He would still have to talk about it and the media would report it?  Why would the media do that?  Because people care otherwise it wouldn't be news.  The day it isn't news is the day people truly don't care. 

Quote:I'll break this down.  There is no way the NFL did not already know.  They may as well be the FBI.  Wasn't this already well known in college?  How possibly could he have played for an NFL team and kept this secret?  Seriously?  He didn't "come out", he just let everyone else know what 32 NFL teams already did.  

(yes I'm speculating but so is the OP)
LOL! Do you really think he is the first gay player in the NFL?

He came out because he wanted to come out.

He could have kept it a secret the same way all the other gay players in the history of the NFL kept it a secret, and no one would have been the wiser.

Quote:I don't see how my comment is "insulting" or "homophobic".

If the article is true, then the NFL was trying to avoid the media fallout that would have ensued had he not been drafted.

If he was on the radar for so many teams, why did he not get drafted sooner?

Why was there a need for him to "come out"?

Me personally, I can really care less what lifestyle a player chooses to live as long as it's within the law. The only reason that anyone talks about him then or now is because of his "coming out". I can't fault teams shying away from him because of the media circus and at the same time, he caused it.

yeah, I was trying to figure that out too. Nothing was wrong with your comment. It sickens me how much America bends to sensitivity of gay America, to the point where regular ol' Adam and Eve America can't even be within their (our) rights to shun the gay evolution without being crucified by most of America.

What about the sensitivity of my rights as a STR8? And my wish for my Adam to marry an Eve and not a Steve?

Where is it written that I have to be sensitive to the feelings of gay America? Why must someone be offended by the way I feel but I'm not allowed to feel offended by the likes of a Michael Sam and his cake feeding gross boyfriend?

Forget Michael Sam and all the Michael Sams of the world can literally kiss a
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:yeah, I was trying to figure that out too. Nothing was wrong with your comment. It sickens me how much America bends to sensitivity of gay America, to the point where regular ol' Adam and Eve America can't even be within their (our) rights to shun the gay evolution without being crucified by most of America.

What about the sensitivity of my rights as a STR8? And my wish for my Adam to marry an Eve and not a Steve?

Where is it written that I have to be sensitive to the feelings of gay America? Why must someone be offended by the way I feel but I'm not allowed to feel offended by the likes of a Michael Sam and his cake feeding gross boyfriend?

A few questions here...

A. What is a "gay evolution"?

2. Why does it need to be shunned?

d. Why is it a right to participate in said shunning?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016, 05:03 PM by jaglyn.)

Because certain groups crave attention, and the perception that they have an ongoing "struggle" to live amongst society, is what makes their lifestyle unique. If it did not have that, it will lose its appeal, and there would be no point to be part of such group/minority.

Its like those peeps who get full body + face tattoos. Do you think if people walking down the street just straight up ignored them and never turned their heads, those guys will still get inked up?

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016, 05:17 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:yeah, I was trying to figure that out too. Nothing was wrong with your comment. It sickens me how much America bends to sensitivity of gay America, to the point where regular ol' Adam and Eve America can't even be within their (our) rights to shun the gay evolution without being crucified by most of America.

Nowhere is it written that you have to be sensitive toward anyone for any reason.  But that goes for you too.  We don't have to be sensitive of your beliefs. We're well within our rights to call you backwards and homophobic.   You can feel offended all you like.  Just as we can be offended by you.  See, you don't have a right to NOT be criticized for your beliefs.  You only have a right to have them.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:LOL! Do you really think he is the first gay player in the NFL?

You know this from personal experience?

Quote: 

He came out because he wanted to come out.

He could have kept it a secret the same way all the other gay players in the history of the NFL kept it a secret, and no one would have been the wiser.

I suppose he could hire someone to play his girlfriend, and practice being attracted to her. 

Quote:A. What is a "gay evolution"?

The realization that no matter how many years you breed the human race, there's always gay people.

Jaglyn,

Who are these groups that crave attention?  Who chooses to be a minority for the struggle?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The fact that anyone cares about what the sexual preference of another person is, is the REAL problem.

Quote:You know this from personal experience?

I suppose he could hire someone to play his girlfriend, and practice being attracted to her. 
LOL! Are you really this naive?

Why would he need to have anyone show up at practice. Most players don't have significant others just hanging around practice. It's not like there is a big flashing sign hanging over him saying he is gay that he somehow has to disprove.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016, 08:13 PM by haveaseat.)

Of course this was all was all set up. Why else have a guy walk on stage to announce his name being drafted while everyone else in the 7th round didn't? It's all about the cameras and perception in the NFL.

An undrafted guy on the Rams was guaranteed more money than Sam was.

Quote:LOL! Are you really this naive?

Yes.

Quote:Why would he need to have anyone show up at practice.

I don't know.  That was your idea.

Quote:Most players don't have significant others just hanging around practice. 

You talking about practice.

Quote:It's not like there is a big flashing sign hanging over him saying he is gay that he somehow has to disprove.

I know some guys where 50% of their conversations is accusing each other of being gay.  You can be caught eating a salad and it's a red flag.  This won't apply to him though, will it?  Just keep him away from Richie Incognito.  The rest of the NFL are choir boys.  Right?

Quote:Yes.

I don't know.  That was your idea.

You talking about practice.

I know some guys where 50% of their conversations is accusing each other of being gay.  You can be caught eating a salad and it's a red flag.  This won't apply to him though, will it?  Just keep him away from Richie Incognito.  The rest of the NFL are choir boys.  Right?
Uh...you were the one who brought up paying someone to show up at practice. Are you high or something because it's pretty easy to scroll up the page and see who posted what.

And that last statement just proves my point that people don't really know if someone is actually gay unless they come out and let people know.

This thread is gay

Quote:Uh...you were the one who brought up paying someone to show up at practice. Are you high or something because it's pretty easy to scroll up the page and see who posted what.

This is good advice.

Quote:And that last statement just proves my point that people don't really know if someone is actually gay unless they come out and let people know. 

What happens when his phone rings and Britney Spears is his ring tone?  How's he going to explain that?  Plus, have you seen this guy run?

Quote:This is good advice.

What happens when his phone rings and Britney Spears is his ring tone?  How's he going to explain that?  Plus, have you seen this guy run?
Great job of proving you are nothing more than a babbling moron.

Quote:This is good advice.

What happens when his phone rings and Britney Spears is his ring tone? How's he going to explain that? Plus, have you seen this guy run?
Predator thinks thats normal. Thats probably how he runs and its what he listens to