Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles top QB from the last 3 Drafts!

Blake is getting so much hype because of his stats now, I love it.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think based on stats many would have put Carr above Bortles, but Bortles had a lot going against him that Carr didn't have either....

Lets be real, Carr is a clear cut better QB at this point. I see them both as top 10 QB going into the future though. Carr has to face better teams and was able to lead his team to more wins and not turn the ball over recklessly in critical moments in game. A decent portion of BB5 stats were in catch up mode, out of reach games or in garbage time. They are both still amazing talents, but to say Bortles>Carr is plain homerism at this point.  

Quote:A decent portion of BB5 stats were in catch up mode, out of reach games or in garbage time.

People keep saying this, but I'm not sure it's true. There wasn't much time like that in games last season - almost every game was competitive to or almost to the end. I'll run some numbers later.

Interestingly, it holds more true of his pick sixes that people complain about so much.

Quote:Lets be real, Carr is a clear cut better QB at this point. I see them both as top 10 QB going into the future though. Carr has to face better teams and was able to lead his team to more wins and not turn the ball over recklessly in critical moments in game. A decent portion of BB5 stats were in catch up mode, out of reach games or in garbage time. They are both still amazing talents, but to say Bortles>Carr is plain homerism at this point.

I have to agree with this. Bortles got more TD's but he also lead the league in fumbles and ints. Carr did better last year. However, its not like you could go wrong with either of them at this point. Still think Bortles will end up the better one, but Carr was it last year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Lets be real, Carr is a clear cut better QB at this point. I see them both as top 10 QB going into the future though. Carr has to face better teams and was able to lead his team to more wins and not turn the ball over recklessly in critical moments in game. A decent portion of BB5 stats were in catch up mode, out of reach games or in garbage time. They are both still amazing talents, but to say Bortles>Carr is plain homerism at this point.  
Go back and check derek carr games and many of them was in garbage time as well in addition the reason why he has more wins than blake because his all around team is better including a defense. Also, derek carr has 13 ints, 3 pick 6's and 8 fumbles last year so lets stop acting like he's turnover free with this mythical fascination with derek carr like he's the truth and blake is a scrub.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

You will be surprised how much better Bortles will look when the Jags defense improves.

You saw that with Carr last season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I wonder what Carr's stats would be if he played behind the Jags line.  He has 55 sacks through 2 seasons.  Blake had 55 in his rookie year alone and 106 through 2 seasons.  Even if you argue Blake was to blame for 25% of his sacks he'd still have 80 sacks.

1. Derek Carr

2. Blake Bortles

3. Jameis Winston

4. AJ McCarron

5. Brett Hundley

6. Teddy Bridgewater

7. Jimmy Garoppolo

8. Marcus Mariota

9. Johnny Manziel

10. Zach Mettenberger

'02

Quote:I wonder what Carr's stats would be if he played behind the Jags line.  He has 55 sacks through 2 seasons.  Blake had 55 in his rookie year alone and 106 through 2 seasons.  Even if you argue Blake was to blame for 25% of his sacks he'd still have 80 sacks.

This is kinda how I feel about it too.

Quote:Mariota behind Bridgewater? I don't understand that one at all, I feel he's a much better than the conservative, weak armed QB known as Teddy Bridgewater
Agreed... I'd venture to say Bridgewater is done in 4 years....

If Mariota stays healthy he'll be good for awhile... though I don't think he'll stay healthy.

just my 2 pennies

Quote:1. Derek Carr

2. Blake Bortles

3. Jameis Winston

4. AJ McCarron

5. Brett Hundley

6. Teddy Bridgewater

7. Jimmy Garoppolo

8. Marcus Mariota

9. Johnny Manziel

10. Zach Mettenberger
No way you can put Hundley, a guy who has never played in a regular season game, that high. He is simply an unknown at this point.

My order:

1. Blake Bortles

2. Derek Carr

3. Jameis Winston

4. Marcus Mariota

5. Jimmy Garoppolo

6. Teddy Bridgewater

7. AJ McCarron

8. Johnny Manziel

9. Zach Mettenberger

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:No way you can put Hundley, a guy who has never played in a regular season game, that high.

You're right, but with that said I'm waiting for the day Rodgers has to sit as we watch Hundley take names against whoever he's playing. They're stashing a darn good qb up there in Green Bay.

'02

Quote: 

4. AJ McCarron

Come on now

;

;

Clear cut?  I think it's definitely arguable.  Bortles' stats were better in a lot of categories.  True, he did have 5 more picks than Carr but how many of those were balls receivers could have caught?  Saying that a portion of his stats were in catchup mode is ill informed.  Jags were leading 11 out of 16 games in the 4th quarter and in no games (except the New England game) where they out of it to the point of being in garbage time.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Clear cut?  I think it's definitely arguable.  Bortles' stats were better in a lot of categories.  True, he did have 5 more picks than Carr but how many of those were balls receivers could have caught?  Saying that a portion of his stats were in catchup mode is ill informed.  Jags were leading 11 out of 16 games in the 4th quarter and in no games (except the New England game) where they out of it to the point of being in garbage time.

Hey man, you can't say these things because you can't allowed truth and facts get in the way of the message boards critics who never wanted Bortles as our QB in the first place. If you let them tell it the Almighty Derek Carr never made a mistake as a quarterback even though his stats say otherwise.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Above everything Bortles and Carr are light years ahead of Teddy Bridgewater
I wouldnt say light years! They all in the same boat to me..

Quote:Go back and check derek carr games and many of them was in garbage time as well in addition the reason why he has more wins than blake because his all around team is better including a defense. Also, derek carr has 13 ints, 3 pick 6's and 8 fumbles last year so lets stop acting like he's turnover free with this mythical fascination with derek carr like he's the truth and blake is a scrub.  
I agree to an extent, but the fact is Carr took care of the ball better and had a higher completion %. I love our QB, and I think he may even pass Carr if he can get his completions up, turnovers down, and the Oline improves. I just feel like Carr is the overall better QB at this point. Both teams are set @ QB for at least the next decade, and I hope they are the next Brady-Manning lol. 

Quote:1. Derek Carr

2. Blake Bortles

3. Jameis Winston

4. AJ McCarron

5. Brett Hundley

6. Teddy Bridgewater

7. Jimmy Garoppolo

8. Marcus Mariota

9. Johnny Manziel

10. Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray should be on that list

Quote:I wouldnt say light years! They all in the same boat to me..

That must be a big boat

;

;