Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump dominates the Northern Mariana Islands

Pack it in lads, turns out we don't know enough history about the Mariana islands to vote in the election. Turn in your voter registration cards and head to the FEMA camps.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pack it in lads, turns out we don't know enough history about the Mariana islands to vote in the election. Turn in your voter registration cards and head to the FEMA camps.

LOL.  Classic liberal tactic is to change the subject or mock when losing an argument.

So which is it?  Low intelligence or a failed education system?  I suspect a combination of both since RJ and I were both educated prior to the Department of Education (for the most part) and I suspect every person that I quoted in this post were probably educated after the establishment of the DoE.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:LOL.  Classic liberal tactic is to change the subject or mock when losing an argument.

So which is it?  Low intelligence or a failed education system?  I suspect a combination of both since RJ and I were both educated prior to the Department of Education (for the most part) and I suspect every person that I quoted in this post were probably educated after the establishment of the DoE.

So what about a person (you) who starts an argument when there is no argument to be had?

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 03:19 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:LOL.  Classic liberal tactic is to change the subject or mock when losing an argument.

Intelligence != education. For being a "smart" guy, I figured you would have known that. According to pollsters, I fall into the 'highly educated' category (which Trump is also winning), and people love to correlate intelligence with education, so honestly your attack is either ignorant or dishonest.

Quote:So what about a person (you) who starts an argument when there is no argument to be had?

I wasn't starting an "argument", I was opening up a debate dialog.  I just made a comment regarding how Trump supporters had no idea about the Mariana Islands.  I was just wondering if that was an indication of intelligence or the failed education system that we have today.

I was challenged by being called an "elitist", and asked to explain.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I wasn't starting an "argument", I was opening up a debate dialog.  I just made a comment regarding how Trump supporters had no idea about the Mariana Islands.  I was just wondering if that was an indication of intelligence or the failed education system that we have today.

I was challenged by being called an "elitist", and asked to explain.

I guess I am not seeing the link between not knowing where an island is and a failed education system. Are you implying that I could throw any place in the entire world at you and you could tell me where it was without looking it up? Any place.

Quote:Intelligence != education. For being a "smart" guy, I figured you would have known that. According to pollsters, I fall into the 'highly educated' category (which Trump is also winning), and people love to correlate intelligence with education, so honestly your attack is either ignorant or dishonest.

I do agree with you that intelligence does not equal education.  I know several "educated" people that barely know how to tie their shoes.  I also know some people that didn't even complete their K-12 education that have more intelligence than the average person.

You do sound like Trump since you care about what category pollsters put you in, and seem to think that Trump "is winning" in that category as well.  Look at your own statement.  Just because you fall into the "highly educated" category it does != the "intelligence category".

I'm not saying that you aren't intelligent, you basically are saying that yourself.

I never attacked you or anyone else.  I simply made a comment wondering about something, that being is the average intelligence level of a Trump voter so low that they don't know basic history and geography, or is it indicative of our failed education system?

Quote:I guess I am not seeing the link between not knowing where an island is and a failed education system. Are you implying that I could throw any place in the entire world at you and you could tell me where it was without looking it up? Any place.

I'm not saying that at all.  I'm saying that anyone that had any basic understanding about our country's history, specifically WWII would know where the Mariana Islands are located and the significance of those islands in our country's history.  Do you happen to know where Gettysburg is without using google?  Do you know the significance of the place?  Why was there a ship named USS Saratoga (which happened to be stationed here in Jacksonville for a period of time)?

Quote:I do agree with you that intelligence does not equal education.  I know several "educated" people that barely know how to tie their shoes.  I also know some people that didn't even complete their K-12 education that have more intelligence than the average person.

You do sound like Trump since you care about what category pollsters put you in, and seem to think that Trump "is winning" in that category as well.  Look at your own statement.  Just because you fall into the "highly educated" category it does != the "intelligence category".

I'm not saying that you aren't intelligent, you basically are saying that yourself.

I never attacked you or anyone else.  I simply made a comment wondering about something, that being is the average intelligence level of a Trump voter so low that they don't know basic history and geography, or is it indicative of our failed education system?

Yeah, if they only knew about the 57th state.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 04:45 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Do you know much about World War II or The Cold War?  The Mariana Islands as well as the Marshal Islands were very significant during that time frame and is why we not only have some Navy ships named after some of the islands, but some of them are actually U.S. Territories.
$5 says half the Trumpies on this forum were just now surprised by this post to find out that the Mariana and Marshall Islands are US territories.

Quote:$5 says half the Trumpies on this forum were just now surprised by this post to find out that the Mariana and Marshall Islands are US territories.

LOL.  I'll bet $10 that google was on fire regarding my post.

So I still wonder, does this thread illustrate the intelligence level of Trump voters, or does it illustrate the failure of our education system?  My bet is it's the former as a direct result of the latter.  the sad part about this is that these people are allowed to vote.

Please tell us who should and shouldn't be allowed to vote, Mr. Stalin.

Quote:LOL.  I'll bet $10 that google was on fire regarding my post.

So I still wonder, does this thread illustrate the intelligence level of Trump voters, or does it illustrate the failure of our education system?  My bet is it's the former as a direct result of the latter.  the sad part about this is that these people are allowed to vote.

I would be more concerned about your assumption that the Mariana Islands are so important to American history that you believe it should be the determining factor on whether or not a person is allowed to vote. A very elitist stance to take, considering I can assure you 95% of the voting class would not be able to point out the Mariana islands on a map.

Quote:LOL.  I'll bet $10 that google was on fire regarding my post.

Don't flatter yourself. Nobody cares that much.

Quote:LOL. I'll bet $10 that google was on fire regarding my post.

So I still wonder, does this thread illustrate the intelligence level of Trump voters, or does it illustrate the failure of our education system? My bet is it's the former as a direct result of the latter. the sad part about this is that these people are allowed to vote.

Clearly your education didn't cover statistically significant sample size.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Please tell us who should and shouldn't be allowed to vote, Mr. Stalin.

Once again, deflect from the discussion and throw out some snide (and offensive) remark.  Liberals are so good at that.

I'm not asking or saying who to vote for, I'm simply asking if the lack of knowledge of the basic history of our country is indicative of a typical Trump voter, or is it a result of our education system?

Try to discuss the topic without throwing out the typical Trump insults.

Quote:Once again, deflect from the discussion and throw out some snide (and offensive) remark.  Liberals are so good at that.

I'm not asking or saying who to vote for, I'm simply asking if the lack of knowledge of the basic history of our country is indicative of a typical Trump voter, or is it a result of our education system?

You are implying Trump supporters are products of a failed education system and questioning our right to vote, and you are saying someone else is throwing out snide, offensive remarks? Pot, meet kettle.

I'm 100% sure I know as much about WW2, if not more, than this self-proclaimed genius.

Quote:Once again, deflect from the discussion and throw out some snide (and offensive) remark.  Liberals are so good at that.

The Mariana Islands do not fall under basic history, sorry to upset you. And thankfully. I am not so sure why you are so obsessed with this irrelevant territory. Are you some sort of Mariana Islands historian?

Your post was insulting, therefore you got insulted in return. Deal with it.