Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Addressing Posluszny!

Quote:So Poz is the only thing keeping us from having an elite defense. Lol okay.

You know when you are watching EVERY Jaguar game and you always find yourself asking "why is the TE always open?!?!".

Well, exhibit A.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You know when you are watching EVERY Jaguar game and you always find yourself asking "why is the TE always open?!?!".

Well, exhibit A.

The opposing TE has been open since 1995. 

Quote:The opposing TE has been open since 1995.

All we have to do is put Telvin in the cloning machine. Problem fixed.

Doesn't adding Gipson also help with the TE issue? I know he won't exclusively man up with TEs, but I bet we won't see guys streaking wide open down the middle of the field anymore.

Poz is solid, but I expect to see us bring in someone through the draft. With the injury, Jack would be perfect. He's a stud, and he can rotate with Poz his first year until he's up to strength.

Quote:Doesn't adding Gipson also help with the TE issue? I know he won't exclusively man up with TEs, but I bet we won't see guys streaking wide open down the middle of the field anymore.

Poz is solid, but I expect to see us bring in someone through the draft. With the injury, Jack would be perfect. He's a stud, and he can rotate with Poz his first year until he's up to strength.

Not giving the TE 8 seconds to run his route is a good place to start. LBs in concrete shoes don't help the situation either.

Quote:I will say Jack is looking Beastly. And would not hate the pick. However still not a passrusher. And thinking a rookie will solve all our TE issues. Is ludicris.

Thinking a rookie will solve all our pass rush from the Leo is ludacris.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Holding on to Poz like some sentimental valued thing is sickening. He should've been replaced last year but they're gonna ride him to the wheels fall off and continue to let him man the spot. Middle linebacker isn't the quarterback position; why does a rookie need to sit behind him and be groomed for the spot? Plenty good backers can handle that day 1 and take off. Since the Jaguars love Poz so much and don't wanna release him, give him the linebackers coach position.

Quote:I am also a huge fan of the MLB from Temple. He is undersized but plays with a ton of heart and is a tackling machine. Would be a great 4th rd pickup.

I also like Tyler Matakevich he is very GOOD but not very FAST. 

If you look at the Senior Bowl it has great examples of the good and the bad with him.

If you start watching at 20:30 he has 4 straight tackles

20:30 Solid

21:14 Not Solid

21:56 Ankle

22:40 The Ole Wrap and Drag

Then at 24:00 he got beat to the corner by Deandre Washington.

He was NOT blowing people up on these plays but he made the stops. Four straight tackles playing against quality players where he wasn't able to study the tendencies of his opponents confirms to me that he understands the game and has good instincts.

He and Scooby Wright III are almost the same player.

Having either of those two players would be good but do we need more speed than these guys offer at the LB position?

Quote:I agree but I also disagree... Yes Poz has declined as all the players within his age status has done. Poz is still the second leading tackler on the team behind Telvin. He also our Best run stopper at the position. He's definately a liability in coverage but that's to be expected because he plays the run first. W/that being said, we've simply havn't had the opportunity to replace him until now. Even if we do draft his replacement in 2016, Poz should continue to start while the rookie is groomed to be the starter. The only scenario that'll displace my theory is to draft his replacement within the first round.

Yes his days are numbered as a Jaguar but he's still Poz and he's still very much needed on our defense. Remember how well we did at the position when he was hurt last year...

NH3...

Yea i can agree with this.. Defintely let him play until someone else proves to be better.. Hopefully that can be sooner then later.

Quote:You know when you are watching EVERY Jaguar game and you always find yourself asking "why is the TE always open?!?!".

Well, exhibit A.

Not saying it's not an issue. I'm saying it's far from the only issue.

Until I know him better, I will address him as Mr.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Linebacker in general is probably our weakest position on the team.  I agree with you on that.  Poz is one of our two best LBs, but he is a liability in coverage. 

But you say, "We need another young fast, agile linebacker to be side by side with Fowler and Smith."  Just a small point, but I hope you realize, Fowler is not a linebacker.   He's a defensive end. 

Then why in the heck do we end up dropping him into coverage if he is a liability?

Surely the coaching staffs knows this too.

Is there no one else available or do opposing teams just continue to run schemes where Poz will have to cover someone??

The Jags continue to get killed when Poz has to end up covering someone and it seems like the Jags have no answer for it.

Hopefully this year will be different.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Well, exhibit A.
Hate to say it but yup, you're right. I've made the very statement more than once; why is the TE always seemingly open? Answer: be Poz. He is an excellent leader and a leading tackler here... he's also one of the reasons why teams can be 3rd and long and pick up a first down seemingly almost every time. He just isn't that good in coverage given the amount of times the ball is thrown in his vicinity. Opposing quarterbacks take advantage of that fact, simple as that.

But he has been an asset to this team for a long time and I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate what he's done. Nevertheless, the time comes when it's time to let someone younger take over.

Quote:Then why in the heck do we end up dropping him into coverage if he is a liability?

Surely the coaching staffs knows this too.

Is there no one else available or do opposing teams just continue to run schemes where Poz will have to cover someone??

The Jags continue to get killed when Poz has to end up covering someone and it seems like the Jags have no answer for it.

Hopefully this year will be different.
Because in reality he is not nearly the liability that the amateur evaluators on this board try to make him out to be.

Poz is a liability in coverage there is no denying that if you watch the games.

He isn't as bad as he looked this year though. Having bad safeties and no pass rush made him look far worse than he actually is.

If we draft Jack I would hope he stays off the field on 3rd down.

Quote:I also like <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tyler-matakevich?id=2555171'>Tyler Matakevich</a> he is very GOOD but not very FAST.

If you look at the <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPaL-w1r3aU&t=24m0s'>Senior Bowl</a> it has great examples of the good and the bad with him.

If you start watching at 20:30 he has 4 straight tackles

20:30 Solid

21:14 Not Solid

21:56 Ankle

22:40 The Ole Wrap and Drag

Then at 24:00 he got beat to the corner by <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/deandre-washington?id=2555464'>Deandre Washington</a>.

He was NOT blowing people up on these plays but he made the stops. Four straight tackles playing against quality players where he wasn't able to study the tendencies of his opponents confirms to me that he understands the game and has good instincts.

He and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/scooby-wright%20iii?id=2555292'>Scooby Wright III </a>are almost the same player.

Having either of those two players would be good but do we need more speed than these guys offer at the LB position?

Agree, these are They are both good late options. I really want Ragland though. He is the best and safest linebacker in this draft

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 10:05 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Poz is a liability in coverage there is no denying that if you watch the games.

He isn't as bad as he looked this year though. Having bad safeties and no pass rush made him look far worse than he actually is.

If we draft Jack I would hope he stays off the field on 3rd down.

His interceptions and passes defended, on average, are on par with the best linebackers.

Poz is a guy folks simply love to hate or blame.

Just because a guy is chasing the ball carrier doesn't mean it was his responsibility in coverage.

That being said... I do believe it's time to look for his successor.  Probably a year too late.  You'd like to groom someone, give them a role at least, before plugging in a rookie in the middle.  Not unless you're in the rare position to land the cream of the crop, pro ready, stud MLB in the draft.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:His interceptions and passes defended, on average, are on par with the best linebackers.

Poz is a guy folks simply love to hate or blame.

Just because a guy is chasing the ball carrier doesn't mean it was his responsibility in coverage.

That being said... I do believe it's time to look for his successor. Probably a year too late. You'd like to groom someone, give them a role at least, before plugging in a rookie in the middle. Not unless you're in the rare position to land the cream of the crop, pro ready, stud MLB in the draft.

And you should know that INTs and PDs don't tell the full story.

I love Poz ,our defense would have been the worst in the league without him but he has lost a step even from last year. Watch the second Titans game and tell me what you see.

Poz is a player that's in the right place at the right time for a lot of turnovers and that's not a knock. That's a compliment to how much of a nose for the ball he has.

I would love if Myles Jack got to learn from a guy like Poz.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:And you should know that INTs and PDs don't tell the full story.

I love Poz ,our defense would have been the worst in the league without him but he has lost a step even from last year. Watch the second Titans game and tell me what you see.

Neither does "watching with our eyes."

Mine tell me a completely different story than yours.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."