Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vernon Deal

Quote:Ah and the inevitable bibbers response... whats it like lying to yourself every off season thinking that this next year is the year? Ever get tired of believing in whatever front office we have at the time after years of garbage? .. or are you really that good at lying to yourself year in and year out?

How about here?

[Image: 200dx8i.jpg]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: Your-New-Source-Fear-Birthdays.gif]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Lol we were about to pay something pretty close to what my gave him.

Quote:We got played like chumps again. We are leverage to drive up the price that actual good teams have to pay. Not many players want to come to podunk jax to lose and disappear from relevance. Believe it or not, these athletes enjoy the spotlight.
Yea NYG are really good.Didn't the Jags beat them?

If you can stomach it...

http://mmqb.si.com/2016/03/10/olivier-ve...r-contract

Quote:If you can stomach it...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mmqb.si.com/2016/03/10/olivier-vernon-new-york-giants-nfl-free-agency-blockbuster-contract'>http://mmqb.si.com/2016/03/10/olivier-vernon-new-york-giants-nfl-free-agency-blockbuster-contract</a>

Kinda thought he'd want a change of scenery from Florida.

We were in it, we just were not will to pay 29 mil in the first season

You win some and you lose some.   We offered enough money where I would be fine if he said yes or if he said no.    There is a point you can't go beyond.   That's the number one rule of negotiating.  

If it turns out we offered similar money to NY, and he just wanted to play in NY, because he loves the big city, there's not much we can do about that.   Green Bay would have lost out too in that instance.  

To me, the money in that deal was so gross, I can be right on the fence about whether he takes it from us or not.   Yeah, we need DEs.   But no, he's not JJ Watt, and as far as I can see, he's not a rare player. 

Quote:He was the number 1 ranked DE in all of the nfl last year by PFF... oh now other teams are overpaying cuz we lost out?? But when we over pay it's "who cares we got lots of money" lol.... this is a failed offseason if playoffs are the goal next year. We once again have no good DEs

And you'd be one of the first ones singing the blues if they overpaid him like that and he didn't produce....

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He didn't wanna come here. So be it. There's no way he comes close to living up to that contract. He's not JJ Watt. Good for him getting paid. Good luck not letting it create a toxic locker room when he gets outperformed by guys making much, much less.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Oh well.

"New York is the big city. Jacksonville is, well, Jacksonville. “I’ve been in Miami all my life, 25 years,” says Vernon. “It was like, I know New York is probably a little more faster paced, but I am a city guy myself and I think it will probably be a little better for me than Jacksonville. I don’t know if I would have been comfortable in Jacksonville, just with the whole environment. It’s a beautiful city. I’ve been there, I’ve played there twice, but I just don’t know if I would have been comfortable over there."  

You can not get every player in free agency!  When the contracts offered by more then one team is such large amounts of money that the player can chose his preferred destination because the contracts are all high dollar and choosing one over the other makes little difference when offers exceed the 75 million dollar range and all gareenteed moneys are comparable.  So you pick the team you want to play for.  So stop all this crying about Caldwell not doing everything to get the  player. How much money do you want to pay for Vernon 100 million dollars to pry him away form the Giants! He does not deserve the money the Giants are paying him and it would be crazy to offer him more money!  I wanted Vernon as much as everyone else did, but not at the numbers the Giants paid!  

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mmqb.si.com/2016/03/10/olivier-vernon-new-york-giants-nfl-free-agency-blockbuster-contract'>http://mmqb.si.com/2016/03/10/olivier-vernon-new-york-giants-nfl-free-agency-blockbuster-contract</a>

This quote from Olivier's dad seemed the most eye-opening.

“My son didn’t pick the Giants,” Lascelles Vernon says. “The Giants picked my son.”

Seems like he is only in it for the money.

I wanted Vernon but not at that kind of Money.  The Jags already had Jackson with Marks and Fowler coming back and the draft is loaded on the D-Line.  No reason to give a player 17 million a year unless his name is JJ Watt.

So, where do I sign up to cry about the fact that with 32 NFL teams competing for the services of every free agent out there, the Jaguars only managed to get the #1 free agent out there, not the #2 as well? That's what this thread's for, right?

Quote:"New York is the big city. Jacksonville is, well, Jacksonville. “I’ve been in Miami all my life, 25 years,” says Vernon. “It was like, I know New York is probably a little more faster paced, but I am a city guy myself and I think it will probably be a little better for me than Jacksonville. I don’t know if I would have been comfortable in Jacksonville, just with the whole environment. It’s a beautiful city. I’ve been there, I’ve played there twice, but I just don’t know if I would have been comfortable over there."

You can not get every player in free agency! When the contracts offered by more then one team is such large amounts of money that the player can chose his preferred destination because the contracts are all high dollar and choosing one over the other makes little difference when offers exceed the 75 million dollar range and all gareenteed moneys are comparable. So you pick the team you want to play for. So stop all this crying about Caldwell not doing everything to get the player. How much money do you want to pay for Vernon 100 million dollars to pry him away form the Giants! He does not deserve the money the Giants are paying him and it would be crazy to offer him more money! I wanted Vernon as much as everyone else did, but not at the numbers the Giants paid!
Bye Felicia!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:So, where do I sign up to cry about the fact that with 32 NFL teams competing for the services of every free agent out there, the Jaguars only managed to get the #1 free agent out there, not the #2 as well? That's what this thread's for, right?
kyjaggy and brklyn already holding down that fort!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 09:45 AM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

After reading the article, I feel a little better about the reasons that the Jags did not get him. It's obvious that he was talked in to it by Giants players. And NY decided to sell the house to get him.

Apparently, Jacksonville is not "sexy" enough for him. Gotta be in the big apple. Probably gonna get arrested in a night club soon, and get suspended. And he trolled the Jags. What a tool.

Green Bay is not a "sexy" city to play in either, but it would be an honor for a FA to go there, because of their winning culture. Jacksonville had better find out how to create and sustain a winning culture soon. I think too many FA'so are passing on us because of a lack of respect

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 09:52 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:This quote from Olivier's dad seemed the most eye-opening.

“My son didn’t pick the Giants,” Lascelles Vernon says. “The Giants picked my son.”

Seems like he is only in it for the money.
A new start away from Florida seems to be the most important part of it all.

After reading all of this, I'm actually really happy this dude isn't on the Jaguars. Above average DE getting paid like Von Miller lol.

Dante Fowler will be a better football player than him.
Shock the world